So you might be wondering what is taking so long, well mostly technical stuff.
1. Changed weapons and armor all drastically. Not a lot of variety for weapons anymore but a lot more powerful and rare ones that can be obtained. I think it is obvious what I did there. Mostly tried to use famous weapon names and did have to make a Buster Sword since not fond of the whole materia blade thing in general.
2. Equipment increases stats but not health and dodging/blocking is the new way combat goes. Getting hit is devastating
3. Revamped every job and replaced some and created new ones, the non special jobs have no magic of any type to enforce gameplay wise how rare magic is.
4. No healing items because no.
5. Actually found a way to justify the deep dungeon in this and thinking about trying to make a second one somewhere else with another series of levels but that part I have not looked into too deeply.
6. Leveling up doesnt do a lot since base class stats are more important. So far I am liking it that way but im not married to system so it may change.