• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 04:40:52 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

[Old] Things that will be implemented in the next release

Started by Dome, January 06, 2012, 03:20:09 pm

Pride

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on February 05, 2012, 02:37:01 pm
I am 100% sure and have many sources who can confirm it, Dome.

This can't possibly to true, you can have 0 Y and still inflict status with Formula 2D.
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

charles099

can you make a special attack where your draw rainbows and it damages enemies :)
I am without a shadow of a doubt the most electrifying final fantasy tactics player in the world today if ya smmmelllllll what the chuck is cookin' (does peoples eyebrow)

Dome

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Dome

Was that a pony/furfag joke?
Here in the FFT: Plus section?

YOU MUST DIE!

Kaijyuu

Maybe he's talking about that one ability the archaic demons have/had? The rainbow-y one.

Though yes, the post is bemusing.

Eternal

• Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Dome

Neophyte Ronin

And where would it go?  Standard fucking monsters?  No thank you, I am full.

It would be funny, though, if non-standard steeds were implemented, like if Behemoths or Dragons could be rode upon.  But I doubt the programming would allow for it, or it'd look pretty weird.  Even so, no more stupid bronie jokes.  You want some jokes?  Go to Newgrounds.com and you'll find a whole section of bronie cartoons there.

Kaijyuu

Only chocobos work perfectly for riding, and that's because their unique sprite allows for it. Now, you COULD set dragons and behemoths to be ridable, but it'd look weird.

And yeah Dome's not a brony so I doubt he'll implement any shout outs or jokes.

Finally most the newgrounds cartoons suck. Some good ones but they're pretty damn rare...

Finally finally no one has any idea what charles099 was actually asking for, so the Almagest mention and PGF's thing were just shots in the dark.

pipe

I read release notes for past versions but was wondering if the party roster hack is in the current version?

Dome

There is a possible bug with the roster hack: If you ditch Beowulf/Reis before the sidequest is over, you are stuck and cannot recruit them
So, it's not implemented for now

pipe

Dome, might be the wrong topic but what are your thoughts on the new Squire skills? My initial impression is that Squires are getting roles that were intended for other jobs?

Neophyte Ronin

They're fine the way they are.  Squires used to be a poor Class after the first Chapter and their Basic Skill never quite achieved the usefulness of other Class Abilities.  Here, Squires are versed in First-Aid, handle beasts, and put up a decent fight.  They don't have any glaring weaknesses and have good mobility and defenses this time around.

Their First-Aid is impressive: Heal restores Berserk and Stop as well, so they can handle Coeurls and Minotaurs' new tricks.  Revive, originally from the Monk, grants a low-cost chance to resuscitate a downed ally with more Health than a Phoenix Down (Phoenix Downs, conversely, can be thrown).  Cheer Up adds Regen on the Unit's Turn, providing an alternative to Potions since, if cast on oneself, takes immediate effect at your turn's end.  If you're wondering where Accumulate went, the Monk traded Revive for it; it is ironically well-paired with the other class abilities.

Squires also know how to handle Shields and Crossbows, which more than compensates for the loss of the Ax.  Axes are gone for good it seems, but Hammers are still around; they deal damage with the Firearm Formula, so they hit all the time.  In the beginning, it works to your advantage to set up Equip Change on Squires so to switch out Bow Guns for any kind of Sword because of its 25% Weapon Evasion (assuming Weapon Guard, a literal freebie Reaction Ability now, is set up).  The wide-ranged effect of having Defend as an Innate Ability across the board is first and best felt with the Squire.  Everybody can defend themselves without losing out on an ability.

Monster Skill is great as an Innate Ability because it means a Monster Ally can stay next to the Squire, deal new abilities and receive some basic medical support nearby.  It's in your best interest to use Cheer Up well before you get hit, so this is the best chance to demonstrate it.  Squires are at their peak when you suck in your gut and tame a few monsters with the Train ability.  The last good advantage is that Basic Skill can be transferred to any Class and it improves, and it doesn't take much to master the Class in the first place.  There are plenty of other Abilities to be found in other Classes, but if they reciprocate then you have yourself a Super-Squire.  Keep one non-story generic character around just to access the original Squire.

The one thing I do miss, however, is the lack of ability to knock back foes with Dash.  That was far more precise.  Throw Stone, on the other hand, should suffice, assuming the chance is truly 100%, so anytime a Knock-Back is possible, you send the bastard off a cliff.

The Squire redesign accommodates an End Game environment (Level 99); if their Vanilla abilities remained untouched, everyone else would outclass them.  In short, Squires are viable at any point in the game, not just the beginning.  It isn't the best Class, but it's no longer the worst.  None of the Classes outright suck or take the crown, which is what Dome wanted to do from the start.

pipe

Wow thanks for the analysis. I am still a noob but that makes sense :)

Dome

Awesome explaination, Neophyte Ronin
Your support (And help/bug reporting) is always appreciated :-)

pipe

One last question, whats the idea of ditching 1.3 Ramza abilities and Yell, then add Inspiration and Hold the Line? He seems pretty good already plus they overlap other abilities.

Dome

He is the leader of an army, he knows how to lead and motivate the troops

Prinygod

I think it would be cool if a frogs attack had a small chance to add frog, call the attack slimy kiss. that way frogs have are at least a small threat and you can't just ignore them fully.
Check out www.mamehub.info an online emulator that combines MAME and MESS

My youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/Prinygod?feature=mhee