• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 12, 2024, 09:25:24 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance: Grim Grimoire (OLD!)

Started by Eternal248, October 17, 2011, 10:22:38 am

Kaijyuu

I'll just pop in and say magic points are inherently broken without some way to regenerate them. Consumables don't really count, either.

The limited resource thing is intended to make you not just spam your most powerful attacks, but of course you're going to do that anyway, and after you're out of MP your character's a lame duck.

Keep the regen and rebalance/replace things that are made rather overpowered by it (damage to MP, for example).
  • Modding version: PSX

Ethereal Embrace

Quote from: Zaen on November 06, 2011, 12:41:17 pm
How about the same MP regen, but half MP at the beginning? Then Matra Magic isn't ridiculously OP in early portions of the battle.

That's actually what (1/3 instead of 1/2) I wanted to do but I have no idea of how that would be possible.

Ethereal Embrace

Quote from: Eternal248 on November 06, 2011, 12:49:58 pm
We can always just change Matra Magic, you know. :P

This is true.  Make it have status effect accuracy at the very least.

tungthuy15

i have idea, can u create as many jobs as the FFTA2 NDS? I love new jobs in this version FFTA

UltimagaWeapon

What about changing the damage ratio of the -RA and -GA spells?

If I remember correctly Fira deals 110% the damage of Fire and Firaga deals 125% the damage from Fire. Fire could be weakened while Fira and Firaga strenghtened (If there's 0 MP at the beginning).

Just saying, I'm still not sure myself as it seems N'mou Black Mage Geomancy, equipped with something Robe dealing over 600 damage with Firaga seems kinda broken.

Ethereal Embrace

November 13, 2011, 12:56:33 pm #65 Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 05:20:03 pm by Ethereal Embrace
I always thought it was dumb to have bosses resist every element - that solely targets mages and weakens them significantly.  It's bad enough that they have to wait before they can use stronger spells (which are already not worth the amount of Mp they take:  i.e. 4* Mp = 5/3* Damage).  It's also basically telling me that, if you are going to do a boss battle then "unless you're an idiot, don't use offensive mages."

Eternal

I think it'd help if Black Mages had something like Flare like they have in FFT.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Dome

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Eternal

Not yet. Darthatron's been busy with other stuff, and there are still some things we need to decide on, like a new Law System. I do have an update with edited items and skillsets, but I'm not sure if that alone is worth a release.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

Darthatron

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Darthatron

Dome

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Darthatron

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Darthatron

Eternal

June 14, 2012, 04:46:47 pm #73 Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 06:49:39 pm by Eternal248
I have the sudden urge to work on this again. I'll hopefully have more to show after I finish KO!

EDIT: Started working on it again. I've killed about a dozen abilities today. >_>

Eternal

Tons more progress made today, including the new Mediator job that replaces Gadgeteers. One more new job on its way!

Eternal

About ready to release a beta this weekend. Zareb's done some testing so far and results have been positive! :D