• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:23:37 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Choto's ASM Hacks and Effects

Started by Choto, February 27, 2012, 06:05:00 pm

Glain

• Modding version: Other/Unknown

Oroborobo

I like deconstructing things and reconstructing different things from the pieces

broken stuff can be pretty useful that way

like you can create some pretty cool abilities by "breaking" them (counter-tackle via modification of the dash skill for example...)

Glain

You can also change which ability counter tackle actually causes.  I'm sure I found where that's stored at one point...

Pride

Should be here!

/* Counter Tackle */
0017e30c: 02202021 addu r4,r17,r0 Move Unit Data to r4
0017e310: 3405000b ori r5,r0,0x000b r5 = 0x000b
0017e314: 0805f8f7 j 0x0017e3dc
0017e318: 34060093 ori r6,r0,0x0093 r6 = 0x0093 (Dash)
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Vanya

Sweet! That was such a huge thorn in MY side that I stopped working on my hack a couple of years ago. Now with this major stumbling block gone, I can go back and try to finish it.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Choto

Added the Two hands affects abilities with weapon strike/Ranged weapon flags hack

Choto

March 10, 2013, 12:14:33 pm #48 Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 12:22:27 pm by Choto
Added the Weapon Effect Editor to the Multi-Hit Editor and attached it to the main post. This will allow you to give weapons an effect when used with the ATTACK command. I didn't test this for what happens when things miss or are blocked.. actually now that I think about it I have a feeling it might display the effect anyway. Just aesthetic preference though I guess.

Yes it's totally unnecessary, but hey, why not?

Choto

Fixed the Two hands doubles WP hack, was defaulting attack to 00 damage.

DuxorW

Tested your very cool weapon effect hack by giving the flare effect to a rod. While it had the desired effect, whenever my mages cast a spell it is accompanied by a punching animation. It's a fresh ISO with no other patches/hacks. Anyone else that can test this?

Choto

ugh this is a massive failure on my part. I will fix this since this hack is actually one that i care about :(

Choto

April 17, 2013, 05:29:44 pm #52 Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 09:12:43 pm by Choto
Fixed some bugs with the Multi-Hit Editor, see the changelog. I also closed that thread just to unify everything in one thread, so post any future issues here

DuxorW

This still causes my mages to punch when casting spells.

Choto

Quote from: DuxorW on April 17, 2013, 10:02:38 pm
This still causes my mages to punch when casting spells.

That's cause your spreadsheet is haunted. Light 10 candles and download the new one I just uploaded (for some reason the fix wasn't saved o.O)

Choto

April 30, 2013, 01:55:05 pm #55 Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 11:14:08 am by Choto
fixed a formatting error with the Item effect hack that caused it to not load into FFTorgASM. Thanks Raven

Edit: Fixed another formatting error that made it straight-up not work.

Choto

For Glain and anybody who does coding in C# I guess.

Spy++, allows you to see the processes, windows (and handles), and threads running on the computer.

Choto

Timbo

Thanks for the multi hit effects. I had several in mind that I was planning to do. Awesome.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Timbo

Choto

Added an R/S/M hack that allows you to designate which abilities use reaction, support, and movement slots. Now you can take all those redundant movement abilities and turn them into Supports or reactions if you know how to. Shout out to Krendall for the idea.