• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

simple recolors~

Started by Mando, January 21, 2011, 11:13:38 pm

Mando

January 21, 2011, 11:13:38 pm Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 02:28:31 am by Mando
Doing some simple recolors for my patch that I will put here.
That way I can give specials like ramza a new look w/o having to change their sprite.

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!

Asmo X

The white highlights around the holes on the helment in the dark knight port are too bright. The ones on the left hand holes aren't in the right place either by the looks of it. Have you tried the Dark Knight in-game? It might be ok, but the sprite has a lot of dark, shadowy areas and sometimes these sorts of sprites REALLY stick out next to the other sprites in the game. This was the main problem with Smash's (awesome) Kain sprite and a couple of others I've seen in videos.

mav

And on your Dark Knight portraits you've been recoloring the background color, that's usually a no-no. Hell, I'm not a huge fan of the Dark Knight's portrait all together, but that's another story.

Mando

January 22, 2011, 01:31:50 pm #3 Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 01:37:48 pm by Mando
I didn't recolor the background the color auradragon had linked. To one of the main featured colors is also the back ground color....

Kagebunji

• Modding version: Other/Unknown

Wolfran

The hood of Rafa makes the head looks like an onion, just erase a few pixel in the point.
Just for curiuosity, Your sign is Tatiana from Last Exile??
Welcome to FFH were you can do things like...

Vanya

Quote from: Wolfran on January 23, 2011, 08:09:43 pm
The hood of Rafa makes the head looks like an onion, just erase a few pixel in the point.

Agreed.
¯\(°_0)/¯

shishi-sensou

Mando

February 27, 2011, 01:06:39 am #8 Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 04:43:12 am by Mando
here twin

attached

Mando

February 27, 2011, 04:42:48 am #9 Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 02:13:18 am by Mando
I removed his stash instead.

I need some help with the portrait work of gaf and myan (trying to make them into generic palette but they share so many colors. I did my best to merge them.)

So if someone wants to take at paletting them or fixing the ports some let me know.

Twinees

I didn't see the need for two topics, so i merged your topics together Mando.
Gaffgarion portrait needs eyebrows, it has 15 colours so you could add another brown in to help with that.
  • Modding version: PSX

Mando

Avatar I recolored for Dome. Troll avatar go!

Dome

Make a bigger one, or else I will soon revert to Sonic avatar ;P

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Mando

March 07, 2011, 04:38:23 pm #13 Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 01:14:11 am by Mando
2 versions Dome, you pick one I'll take the other.

Also here are some recolors.

Below are ramza recolors, the 3rd ramza posted is what I will later use as a base for the Cecil Paladin Mode. The Smash concept is below, note many similarities between the 2.

Kagebunji

I don't see many similarities at all, but it is surely a good base. Good luck with Cecil, from what I know, Smash did him fully from scratch, hehe.(At least we have an amazing portrait ready)

Mando

March 08, 2011, 01:29:12 pm #15 Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 02:57:07 am by Mando
Right, I am going to do Blue mage Generics first. I'll probably concept them while working on my patch. The concept will be skectched, scanned, uploaded. I am going to to try for a turban/viel look. A bit different from mystic knight. Kind of like combing FFTA ninja w/ a different torso. I do like the idea of them having ninja like leg armor though.

NO FEATHERS OR CAPES
Misty Blue Mage recolor
Cecil recolor
Delita recolor

Mando

Elementalist (black mage replacements)