• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 05:38:27 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

New characters for PSP version

Started by darkskyx, September 06, 2022, 06:58:33 pm

darkskyx

September 06, 2022, 06:58:33 pm Last Edit: October 22, 2022, 07:13:50 pm by darkskyx
I searched for this question but I have not see anything so I need to ask this:

[1] For the PSP version (WoTL), the only 2 characters that are unused & safe to use are Valmafra (Balmafula) and Simon? There is not another character that is unused that could (of course) have a formation sprite?

Quote from: undefinedThere are quite a few job classes that are unused in battle (...) More information on these jobs can be found in their respected articles; Cardinal, Duke, Duke, Elder, False Saint, Grand Duke, High Confessor, Viscount, and Witch of the Coven.
This is the only info I found about it but I don't know if it's for PSP or PSX ( https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Dummied_content )
But the issue is that most of those characters don't have a WLDFACE portrait. So that's why I understand there are only 2 characters that you can safely change.
I can try to change any of those unused ones because they appear in WLDFACE4 and maybe that's enough.

[2] Also, if there is none... Can I change any enemy character into an allied character (in ENTD) so I'll be able to recruit him? I'm looking for new ways to add new ally characters. People say in some posts that Olan is an easy character to modify/delete but I'm not sure about that since those enemies has conversations and maybe I'll lose some. I'm not sure about how that thing works.

Edit: I found something interesting. But I guess this will make one of your sprite avatar wrong because is tied to the guest one.
Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on April 14, 2017, 11:40:22 amYou can add your character before Agrias joins if you're willing to do more in-depth changes.  You're getting "sprite confusion" because the events are seeing a unit with Guest Agrias' Sprite ID on the field and are ignoring the unit with Agrias' Unit ID.  Events behave this way so that scenes such as the Agrias and Gafgarion Talking event in Golgorand Execution Site work - once joining, Agrias loses her unique Unit ID but (obviously) retains her unique Sprite ID.

So, if you want a unit to replace 34 Agrias ("Guest Agrias") before Agrias leaves the player's party at Lionel Castle - you need to edit events!  In addition to all the scenes involving Agrias needing her Sprite ID and Unit ID being converted to 1E, you'll need to go through all the events where Agrias is present on-screen before she leaves the player's party - Chapter 2 Start, Dorter 2 Battle, Araguay Woods Battle, Zirekile Falls Battle, Zaland Fort City Battle, Bariaus Hill Battle, those two cut-in scenes with Ramza/Mustadio/Agrias/Ovelia, including all the insert conversations in each of these - and change all references to Agrias' 34 Unit/Sprite ID in these events to 1E as well. 

Doing this will allow your new unit that takes Sprite Slot 34 and Unit ID 34 to exist in the same scenes as Agrias, who should now exclusively be using Sprite Slot 1E and Unit ID 1E.  This is the "correct" way of repurposing the 34 Sprite Slot without any bugs.  Doing it the other way around (using slot 34 and not 1E) will stop certain scenes like the talking scene in Golgorand from playing unless you make edits in a similar vain to convert those events from referencing ID 1E to ID 34.
  • Modding version: WotL

✪ Emergence 2 for PSP (EN/ES) - Play it now! ✪
A vanilla+ experience for PSP. Actual patch: 1.0+. More fixes in v1.1!
  • Discord username: darkskyx#9825

Nyzer

Your information is somewhat outdated. Shishi and FFTPatcher snapped the lid off on this sort of thing a ways back, and at a glance, it looks like you can make use of that in WotL, as well.

Open FFTPatcher and look at the first x49 Jobs. If you look at the ones with known UNIT/WLDFACE, you'll see that they all have two matching Formation Sprite entries. Go to the Other Images in Shishi, and you can see the corresponding UNIT/WLDFACE. You should be able to set any of those first x49 sprites to match any of the various WLDFACE at will using those entries on FFTP.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

darkskyx

Quote from: Nyzer on September 07, 2022, 02:12:37 amYour information is somewhat outdated. Shishi and FFTPatcher snapped the lid off on this sort of thing a ways back, and at a glance, it looks like you can make use of that in WotL, as well.

Open FFTPatcher and look at the first x49 Jobs. If you look at the ones with known UNIT/WLDFACE, you'll see that they all have two matching Formation Sprite entries. Go to the Other Images in Shishi, and you can see the corresponding UNIT/WLDFACE. You should be able to set any of those first x49 sprites to match any of the various WLDFACE at will using those entries on FFTP.
I think that I understand what are you saying but I was asking if I can make a new character without changing other used units & without too much work like changing events (ENTD) for WoTL. As I said, Olan was one of the easiest and I figure out how to do it, so now I have a total of 3 new units for my hackmod. I let Olan on the enemy side by replacing one of those unused units I showed and I could create another new unit.

When I tested to recruit some units that their portratit appeared in WLDFACE4 it didn't work. I don't know if guests units would be even possible to work as those units have the same portrait, maybe that's just for PSX for ASM hacks.
There are 2 more units I think it may work to recruit them are Serpentarius & Archaic Demon, as they appear in WLDFACE even if they are monsters and I'm not sure if there are monster unused units to do the swap... But anyway, I'm fine with those new 3 units I got.
  • Modding version: WotL

✪ Emergence 2 for PSP (EN/ES) - Play it now! ✪
A vanilla+ experience for PSP. Actual patch: 1.0+. More fixes in v1.1!
  • Discord username: darkskyx#9825