• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:08:48 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

TLW Eurystheus mod V2.9 Beta Static Story Mod is Out (9/29/22)

Started by Eurystheus, February 12, 2022, 07:00:36 pm

Grim

So playing through the end of chapter 2 and start of chapter 3 You may want to not put so many outlaws in every "protect" story battle, its super annoying to have them all use frost bomb on the target and have them die before my units even get a chance to act. Ive lost the Olan fight about 15 times now because they all just kill him instantly. Either that or tune down frost bombs dmg, it went from being abusive with the slow to now doing as much dmg as a high tier jobs main ability (usually more than my Dark templar's fist skill).
  • Modding version: PSX

Seirno

A couple things on the latest patch.

In the save Olan fight, the portrait for the thief on top of the building shows the vanilla mediator portrait.
In the Reis quest, in the first colliery fight the Cleric on the left starts as "dead" like a guest character does.
When Reis did her Magic Holy Breath in the final colliery fight, it did the animation, but nothing happened to the enemies.  It happened a few times.
Ashley's abilities seem to do pitiful damage.  I tried all of his abilities and they all did somewhere in the neighborhood of 5-20 damage.  Is that normal?
I'm mixed on the new Finath River fight.  That Dark Chocobo is pretty OP, nuking things from across the map with Giga Flare.  Also, the green and blue chocobos were incorrect sprites.
I've noticed that some of the in-game descriptions of the classes are wrong for the requisites.  Valkyrie says it only takes a level 6 Spirit Bender, but it takes more than that.  A few of them are incorrect like that.
I also don't think poaching is working correctly.  I've poached several different monsters but the guy at the fur shop just tells me to go away whenever I enter it, like I had never poached anything.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Eurystheus

Hi Seirno thank you for the update to address what you have said
- The fur shop only lets your main character enter the shop when he has secret hunt equipped
- I fixed the Ries quest with the cleric being dead
- Let me see what I can do about Ashley(The Wanderer) skills I left them vanilla TLW so wasn't sure if they would be good here or not
- I'll have to look at holy breath and why it would do that
- For my help what color were the chocobos so I can adjust accordingly
- I've removed Dark Chocobo's Giga Flare in hopes he'll be different than spamming that
 These will all be done with the next patch
I still hope for the day FFT 2 comes out
  • Discord username: Eurystheus

Seirno

They were the green and blue chocobos.  I think the green was Valmafula's sprite and the blue was Rudvich.

Nyzer

Quote from: Seirno on August 28, 2022, 04:12:21 amAshley's abilities seem to do pitiful damage.  I tried all of his abilities and they all did somewhere in the neighborhood of 5-20 damage.  Is that normal?

Depends on the emulator you're using.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Seirno

I'm using Duckstation which is one of the recommended emulators according to TLW FAQ.

nitwit

Quote from: Seirno on August 29, 2022, 01:12:23 amI'm using Duckstation which is one of the recommended emulators according to TLW FAQ.
Some emulators are more accurate than others, and these accurate emulators don't play well with older hacks that don't quite follow the MIPS assembly programming standards. Use pSX 1.13 or something similiar.

Seirno

Quote from: Eurystheus on August 28, 2022, 02:37:42 pm- The fur shop only lets your main character enter the shop when he has secret hunt equipped
That doesn't seem to be the problem.  I just poached about 20 different monsters and the fur shop still doesn't have anything for sale.  It was a variety of chocobos, goblins, werewolves, and bombs.  I tried equipping Secret Hunt and changing into a Hunter, but it still doesn't have any inventory for sale.

Eurystheus

Yeah I think the problem might actually be QOL 1.13 sadly it's looking like I'm going to have to go back to QOL 1.11 as it seemed the most stable version

silenthill27

September 09, 2022, 09:10:31 pm #49 Last Edit: September 09, 2022, 10:34:45 pm by silenthill27
this mod sounds really awesome, I really love all of the new sprites. looking forward to trying this out this weekend

*edit - when trying to start it up actually, I'm able to get past ramzas first turn in orbonne, and then agrias turn comes up and the game freezes up. ive tried with duckstation and epsxe, different graphic settings, and roms from 2 different sites. unpatched works as expected

this is after applying: TLW Eurystheus mod V2.7 Beta Static Story Mode + QOL 1.11 :(

Feuholden

Yeah i try on epsxe the game is crash on first battle at orbonne. it's happend after ramza using any skills V2.7
I Play Every Mod

Eurystheus

Alright thank you I'm in the process of trying to fix it and will see what is now causing it to not work but I may have to revert the changes of the abilities back to the previous version

Jnatoli917

September 12, 2022, 05:38:40 pm #52 Last Edit: September 12, 2022, 07:27:41 pm by Jnatoli917
I've tried the newest patch on different android emulators retroach with all the psx cores ,duckstation epsxe and 2.7 crashes when ramza uses skills no matter what emulator I haven't tried a new game yet.

Jnatoli917

After more testing the pcsx rearmed core in retroarch works but you'll have copy your memory card over to retroarch then save folder and rename it to continue your game all other android emulators crash on 2.7 patch.

Feuholden

I Play Every Mod

Eldiran

This mod looks great! Can confirm that when using v2.7 Beta QoL v1.11, in Retroarch Beetle and in ePSXe 1.9 the game always crashes as soon as Agrias gets a turn in the Orbonne Monastery first fight.

ePSXe threw this error: SPEC Opcode 28 UNK (PC 00174328) (00174310) (10024,246)

Thankfully as mentioned Retroarch ReArmed core doesn't crash.

EDIT: When using Retroarch ReArmed, the game instantly crashes if you use Defend.

Jnatoli917

i got psxfin 1.1.3 working with the latest 2.7 patch any advice on using gameshark codes or do we have to use a gameshark or code breaker disc? i like how modern emulators apply the codes mid game is there any way to do that? i got reshade working from this link https://reshade.me/ the addon version with the retroarch shaders options to make up for the lack of enhancement options.this mod makes the game feel new again.

Feuholden

I Play Every Mod

Eurystheus

Hi everyone sorry I haven't been to active lately as my private life has gotten very busy and I have a lot less time to work on my passion project. That said I'm still working on the rebuild of this mod to fix the problems you all are having in the mod. I will be removing the Jump ability in Dragoon as it causes tons of bugs with the game including the one above posted yesterday.

Thank you everyone for playing the mod and hopefully next week I should have an update out for you guys to play.

Feuholden

Quote from: Eurystheus on September 22, 2022, 08:18:31 amHi everyone sorry I haven't been to active lately as my private life has gotten very busy and I have a lot less time to work on my passion project. That said I'm still working on the rebuild of this mod to fix the problems you all are having in the mod. I will be removing the Jump ability in Dragoon as it causes tons of bugs with the game including the one above posted yesterday.

Thank you everyone for playing the mod and hopefully next week I should have an update out for you guys to play.

Hi Eurytheus, I hope you make our party level and the enemy level equal or more.. my pt level 29 & the enemy 23..

and Death Sword & Demon Sword it can be cast w/o sword.
I Play Every Mod