• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:55:35 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Twinees' Sprites

Started by Twinees, September 19, 2009, 09:59:13 am

jimmyjw88

How amazing!! Smash back!! But Twinees leaving FFH, for now though.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Zozma

March 16, 2012, 04:01:10 am #861 Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 04:18:19 am by Zozma
take a look and see if you notice a difference and if you like it or not. i aligned the head in the forward diagonal frames to line up with the other directions more + a slight boob alteration to accomodate
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

ZackFair0928

please masters..finish zack fair's sprite cause zack is really my idol! ty :)

darkskyx

September 18, 2022, 12:59:25 am #863 Last Edit: September 18, 2022, 09:23:40 am by darkskyx
I think it would be cool to add Vincent Valentine's beast forms, and let that unit be playable as a monster (on Byblos for example), it should be possible adding attack animations as Galian beast. I think Byblos is a good base model for that, because it is also similar to the old Galian model. It would require to only modify a bit the sprite model adding some amor, the special attacks of that model sprite and a few changes to the portrait.

BTW, Red XIII animations are not finished for a custom character. I mean SP2.
  • Modding version: WotL

✪ Emergence 2 for PSP (EN/ES) - Play it now! ✪
A vanilla+ experience for PSP. Actual patch: 1.0+. More fixes in v1.1!
  • Discord username: darkskyx#9825

Twinees

Unfortunately, I don't have interest in making Vincent's beast forms at the moment. If you think it'd be pretty simple though, you should give it a go!

Monster sprites don't need SP2s, it gives them an extra animation though. I made Red XIII's regular attack fairly unique, so opted to not give him an SP2 animation.

Also darkskyx, you should consider looking at the date the last post on a thread was.. the last time this thread was properly posted in was 2012 (so over 10 years ago lol). You've necrobumped a lot of old threads..
  • Modding version: PSX

darkskyx

Quote from: Twinees on September 18, 2022, 11:59:53 pmUnfortunately, I don't have interest in making Vincent's beast forms at the moment. If you think it'd be pretty simple though, you should give it a go!

Monster sprites don't need SP2s, it gives them an extra animation though. I made Red XIII's regular attack fairly unique, so opted to not give him an SP2 animation.

Also darkskyx, you should consider looking at the date the last post on a thread was.. the last time this thread was properly posted in was 2012 (so over 10 years ago lol). You've necrobumped a lot of old threads..

Sad to hear that. I think I could do it, even if it's a lot of work but I had to ask to the original author of Vincent Valentine's sprite to modify some parts. But at the same time I don't know if all that work is worth it because I would do it for just my hackmod and I think it's fine right now.

I thought SP2 was linked to a specific action like using a specific action or a spell. Maybe I'm wrong. I was curious about why some custom monsters didn't have SP2, maybe because it's not worth the work.

Talking about "necrobump" everytime I said something in a old post was because I really wanted so say something even if I knew it was old to give me a proper response or because it was useful to me. I always search the forum and only comment when I have no other choice... I'm so active because I'm finishing my hackmod and I'm looking for a lot of info, that's all. I don't think I have done something wrong.

If you are no longer doing sprites it's ok. I hope you do well in life.
  • Modding version: WotL

✪ Emergence 2 for PSP (EN/ES) - Play it now! ✪
A vanilla+ experience for PSP. Actual patch: 1.0+. More fixes in v1.1!
  • Discord username: darkskyx#9825

3lric

The point is that a thread legit WARNS you before posting if it has been a while. It's not a matter of 'no other choice' because many of those threads haven't had posts in yeeeears. It's not like it was just a few months or anything. There is a reason you haven't gotten responses from them, and in any community (or really life in general) "because i really wanted to" isn't generally a good reason to do a thing that you aren't supposed to do.

Twinees

I still make sprites, and I still enjoy making FFT sprites. I've just never had any particular interest in making Vincent's beast forms, even back in the day when I was keen on making all the FF7 sprites haha. I still occasionally load up my old FF7 sprites and make changes to them though, would love to finish them all some day. I made the Vincent Valentine sprite, so asking here for permission to modify parts would be a perfectly reasonable excuse to necrobump. It's all about context haha.
I don't post my work here anymore, I mainly do so on the FFH discord. I do take commissions though, so if you needed any fixes to anything or small edits I could help with that. A large MON sprite like Vincent's beast form would be a bit much.

I'd recommend taking a look at other SP2s on (the sheets that are longer than normal) to get a better understanding of how they work. It's an additional animation to give the monster a different looking attack. A lot of custom monsters don't have SP2s because they didn't really need them, and it was easier without them for reasons; We can't add SP2s to existing sprite slots, only replace them. So it was much easier at the time to simply make a MON sheet without SP2s so you could replace any sprite, whether it be human or monster, thus anyone could enjoy them!

Good luck with your mod