• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 08:44:48 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Didn't they test this game before they released it?

Started by Archael, October 09, 2009, 08:53:58 pm

SolidSnakeDog

October 10, 2009, 04:09:06 am #20 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SolidSnakeDog
Dome say : Big rigs, over the road racing
GAME OVER GUYS

THAT THE GAME I WAS TRYING TO SAY! BEFORE!
GAME OVER INDEED!  :shock:

SEE IT HERE : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Fr8lM68 ... re=related

Fusso

October 10, 2009, 07:48:24 am #21 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Fusso
Quote from: "MiKeMiTchi"haha yeah ET!

ET was not the worst game of all time, the history behind it is the real problem
the game itself is just bad
but bad as the great majority of the 2600 games of the time

Atari per Atari, their port of Pac-Man was far worse
Indiana Jones for the 2600 is also worse than ET, and they have more in common that you could think
*** END OF MESSAGE ***

Luminar

October 10, 2009, 08:22:43 am #22 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Luminar
beat this game in 3 day's, seriously disappointed...

Kaijyuu

October 10, 2009, 09:49:15 am #23 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kaijyuu
Quote from: "Dome"Big rigs, over the road racing
GAME OVER GUYS
Pff. That game at least had proper ground (though not environment) collision. Assuming you don't go out into the nothingness that is.
  • Modding version: PSX

SolidSnakeDog

October 10, 2009, 09:52:09 am #24 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SolidSnakeDog
Yeah but you know the testers team was...retarded and lasy in testing this. (That exatly the point of this tread right?)
At if there was kids trying to make a game.

Kuraudo Sutoraifu

October 10, 2009, 06:03:50 pm #25 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kuraudo Sutoraifu
Quote from: "Fusso"ET was not the worst game of all time, the history behind it is the real problem
the game itself is just bad
but bad as the great majority of the 2600 games of the time

I'd disagree with that, unless I had uncanny luck with picking good games.  A few reasons why ET sucked that come to mind: no instructions on what to do, no goal to achieve in the game except 'don't get caught', and you can't win.  YOU CAN'T WIN!  There is no way to win this game, because there is no objective.  You can only lose.

Archael

October 10, 2009, 07:02:50 pm #26 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
QuoteYOU CAN'T WIN! There is no way to win this game, because there is no objective. You can only lose.

HEY!

that reminds me of a certain (and brilliant) design philosophy!

mine!

bahahahaha

Kuraudo Sutoraifu

October 10, 2009, 08:48:13 pm #27 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kuraudo Sutoraifu
Ummm... hwhat?

tithin

October 10, 2009, 08:49:39 pm #28 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by tithin
YOU FUCKING GOT TO IT BEFORE I DID, CUNT.
14:45  @SilentB         ò "Hey, Cosgrove, how come you never married?"
14:45  @SilentB         ò "Because I eat too much meat."
14:46  @Celdia          ò Heresy. No such thing as 'too much meat'
14:47  @Celdia          ò One night with tithin would teach you that.

KazeKasano

October 10, 2009, 10:17:11 pm #29 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by KazeKasano
And now we've all lost The Game, bro.
Thanks.
We will build cities in a day, we will build towers to the heavens. We will be heroes.
This sleeping city doesn't know what's coming. She doesn't feel the heat.
Even when the darkness surrounds us, we shall light up the night.

Archael

October 10, 2009, 10:20:42 pm #30 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "Kuraudo Sutoraifu"Ummm... hwhat?

1.3 joke

Mental_Gear

October 11, 2009, 02:59:44 am #31 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Mental_Gear
Kuraudo, even I got that joke, and apparently I'm more dumb than Dome.

Kuraudo Sutoraifu

October 11, 2009, 03:24:16 pm #32 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kuraudo Sutoraifu
How does your dumbness correlate to my knowledge of the 1.3 forum?

philsov

October 11, 2009, 03:27:44 pm #33 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
inversely.

8)
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

SilvasRuin

October 12, 2009, 03:21:32 am #34 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
FFT

No, seriously.  The game was rather fun to play, but you'd think some of its more glaring issues would have been fixed before release.  None of you can deny that they are there, or you probably wouldn't be a part of this community.  Same goes for WoTL.  Did they really think Onion Knights as designed would be worth a shit...?

Similarly I had a ton of fun with FFVII, but the game has loads of problems.  There's even signs that the game wasn't quite finished.  One example is that there is an Aero3 or whatever but no Aero(1).

Spyro Enter the Dragonfly takes the cake though.  I don't think I've ever played a buggier game.

DarthPaul

October 12, 2009, 10:07:44 am #35 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
QuoteSimilarly I had a ton of fun with FFVII, but the game has loads of problems. There's even signs that the game wasn't quite finished. One example is that there is an Aero3 or whatever but no Aero(1).

I have to check where this is but in FFVII there was supposed to be a subplot but the idea got scrapped and they never removed the beginning of the plot. Making that part a bit confusing as it was never expounded on.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Mental_Gear

October 12, 2009, 11:28:35 am #36 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Mental_Gear
Oh, how did I forget this?

Don't get me wrong - it's amazing, worth buying the Orange Box just for it...hell, worth buying Orange Box purely for 2Fort. However, some of the glitches kinda ruin the fun. In particular, reaching glitch spots.

You try having fun when THREE enemy engineers reach the top of a shed you can't normally reach, all with three sentry guns there, and right next to them ready to repair, or when a 'friendly' Engineer puts a teleporter entrance in a spot you easily see, you eagerly go in, and reach a glitch spot that there's no way out of.

Or a 'friendly' scout grabs the enemy intelligence then jumps into a corner of a room in your part of 2Fort, hovering above the ground, and him and everyone around him starts taunting and not doing anything, just being stupid.

So I switched sides, became a spy, went there disguised, then got a headshot on him for an instant kill.

Oh, and this:

CoD is the greatest example of A) Activision being greedy cunts and B) how all developers these days seem to think the best way to demonstrate advances in technology is churning out ANOTHER samey FPS (First-person Shooter / Fucking Piece of Shit)

Redux

October 12, 2009, 01:27:50 pm #37 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Redux

Scout with SMG? Hacks.

Mental_Gear

October 12, 2009, 02:00:41 pm #38 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Mental_Gear
Yeah, I noticed that was a bit wierd. I wasn't really paying attention when looking for an image.

Oh, God...where do I start?

- Guest characters - Bamco, SC can stand on its own two feet. Stop it now. Star Wars characters is one thing, but do you think anyone cares about your 'special' ones designed by manga artists? You gave us (depending on how generous we feel) up to 3 new characters, as Amy was in 3 but a 'bonus' character and Algol's been in SC lore since the days of Soul Blade. And don't think we didn't notice your 'hidden' guest character in SC3. At least you picked KOS-MOS of Xenosaga, a series nobody gives a fuck about.

- A character creation mode that when compared to SC3's gives with one hand and takes with the other, and although the new stats system is interesting, a cool-looking character can end up broken.

- Character balance that was dodgy to begin with, then the patch fixed a couple of things (Ivy's infinite combo for example) but further broke some characters (Kilik's throws = rape)

- A story that, for the most part, had no effort put into it compared to the previous games. Sure, it had standout moments like Sophitia's ending, but it just falls short of the previous games.

- The online. Oh, God. The online. The horrible, useless online. Awful netcoding and P2P is not a good way to go for a fighting game where one bit of lag ruins it, now consider SC4's lag is abysmal, making it unplayable for anyone aside from those in a highly-developed country with an expensive connection. SC4 online and offline may as well be two different games. The only way to win is spamming the same move, and who gets in first wins. Not how SC's meant to be played at all. Best way to combat a spammer? Guard Impact. But oh, lag makes that impossible. The only enjoyment you can get is the odd game when someone doesn't skip the character introductions or you get whooped by someone who's actually good at the game. The leaderboards are nothing but a great way to tell who has a more expensive internet connection. Thanks for making the online nigh-on unplayable in Ireland, Namco. Sure, all we did was DESIGN THE FUCKING PHYSICS ENGINE YOU USED.

Oh, and online play isn't an excuse to drastically cut down on the amount of single-player content on offer.

All I can say good about SC4 is it (i.e. Cassandra) looks amazing, and that it gives added value to my copies of Soul Blade, SC2 and SC3. I like to look at the boxes and then cry as I realise how fast the series is going downhill.

Kuraudo Sutoraifu

October 12, 2009, 05:22:56 pm #39 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kuraudo Sutoraifu
MG, did you play the PS3 version of Soul Caliber 4?  Because on Xbox 360, I don't experience much (if any) lag problems.  If it was on PS3, maybe it was just the PSN.  The sucky part about the online was the matchmaking was too slow.

I agree about guest characters.  As much as I like the Force Unleashed, leave the Apprentice out of it.  And Yoda, this joker is absurd as all high attacks cannot hit him.

I agree about the character creation point.  I want to have a cool looking character AND a strong character; I don't want to sacrifice one for the other.  I pretty much found one good (and strong) look and used it for each character, as such, all my custom characters looked the same.