• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 07:28:27 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

[Old] ALL old topics created before the FULL release (Merged together!)

Started by Dome, December 05, 2010, 02:02:09 pm

Which one is the best, and why?

Ignore
0 (0%)
this
0 (0%)
topic
0 (0%)
!!!!!1111
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Dome

Quote from: Shade on May 19, 2011, 03:23:15 am
Also does Gaffy have a reason for having red magic as primary skill set when you are facing him in golgo and lionnel?

Bug, fixed

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Shade

Also I happened to open 1.4 iso with my fftpatcher, cause I wanted to know the poach list(I think it's same as 1.3), then I noticed thing there.

Why does king behomoth have tentacle as monsterskill ability?
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

Dome

Quote from: Shade on May 19, 2011, 04:53:41 am
Also I happened to open 1.4 iso with my fftpatcher, cause I wanted to know the poach list(I think it's same as 1.3), then I noticed thing there.

Why does king behomoth have tentacle as monsterskill ability?

It's his monster skill (Tentacle is meteorain without CT)
And Yes, I still have to edit the poach rewards

efrate

I think Nelveska Temple needs nerfing.  Unless you're all ninjas/thieves speed tricked you face 31 attacks before you get an action, and though random, at least 2 or 3 people are going to be in each area and with 6 chances to hit within 4 panel, and a % chance for death or sleep (as good as death).  Also worker 7 new hits ridiculously hard, taking cid into not quite critical in his base class with greta stuff, I'm trying to arrange HP to always trigger hp restore but I think worker 7 news zodiac is random?  There has been a huge variance in attack damage. 

Also, seeing as how undead (even my guys with a ring) are vulnerable to instant death proc, though I can make breaths do no damage, that proc is insane, Especially considering its unevadable and damage split only splits one hit.  Even with Auto-potion and only x-potions and a 1/2 damage accesory AND magic defense up, its hitting for 168 per hit, potion doesn't even cover one. 

On a 4 panel attack with 3 spaces occupied thats still like a little more than 4 hits connecting, and 554 damage if I do my math right is death for pretty much anything.  Tried about 10 times, trying a few different ideas, but I think it might need nerfing. 

Also, not sure, but do multiple hits from such an attack negate hp restore?  It not triggering if I get hit more than once and going into critical, unless its just RNG screw. 

Maybe go down to 1 of each hydra?    Or increase their faith so status magic has a better than 40-50% hit rate (using sage spells for AoE).  Again it might be compat and rng screw but seems excessive. 
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Dome

Shade

5 speed knight is really starting to hurt, it's not getting faster and I have it with 14 lv guy. It's really slow compared to thiefs that have 9 speed, they can now literally run around circles againts knights, I have been using for a while everything expect knights.

Why did you remoce one MA from magic gauntlet? removing the item woulda been better, since the damm things cost so much and I have wizard mantles that give the same amount of ma and give decent amount of evasion.

Olan has really bad setup, he can't literally get out of there, he is stuck there for entire battle until i made the mediator run and then he could get out of there. Why does he have float, you do know that float doesn't make it any easier, it only helps when going up, so please replace it with like jump+ 2 or 1.

Also that Mediator had strong axe or something since he was dealing 170 damage(alot since he did not have anything that boosted it up), he almost always one shot olan, making him die in 2 turns, until I sent ramza as ninja with 5 jump to give ethers to boost his mp.

Upupupu...

Zetsubou

efrate

Holy hydras Batman!

Finally finished nelveska, took 2 sages, ramza as a flyign chemist with planer magic, and 3 casts of frog 2 to finally turn all the hydras into frogs, then get treasures.  I was about to heal worker 7 since one of the assholes decided to stand right on top of the nagarock.  Time for cloud and figure out who I am going to be using for most battles from here on out.  I still think at least 1 if not 2 hydras should probably be removed.  Especially since my faith rod sage only had a just over 50% on a low faith hydra to frog it.  Without doing so I think this battle is nearly impossible.   But I did it.  It prolly didn't help that since I did proposistions early my team is 80-90 so the enemy levels were really high, but even if I had been half that seems extreme. 

Dome

5 speed knight is really starting to hurt, it's not getting faster and I have it with 14 lv guy. It's really slow compared to thiefs that have 9 speed, they can now literally run around circles againts knights, I have been using for a while everything expect knights.
Knights have the highest PA and HP, and they are meant to be slow

Why did you remoce one MA from magic gauntlet? removing the item woulda been better, since the damm things cost so much and I have wizard mantles that give the same amount of ma and give decent amount of evasion.
Already fixed bug

Olan has really bad setup, he can't literally get out of there, he is stuck there for entire battle until i made the mediator run and then he could get out of there. Why does he have float, you do know that float doesn't make it any easier, it only helps when going up, so please replace it with like jump+ 2 or 1.

Also that Mediator had strong axe or something since he was dealing 170 damage(alot since he did not have anything that boosted it up), he almost always one shot olan, making him die in 2 turns, until I sent ramza as ninja with 5 jump to give ethers to boost his mp.

The battle has already been reworked

Shade

Quote from: Dome on May 19, 2011, 06:06:34 am
Knights have the highest PA and HP, and they are meant to be slow

And I think they are useless.
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

efrate

I understand I guess why you nerfed Reis HPC, but did it have to be to such an extent?  At her level she join at (mid 80s) she is being one shotted by pretty much everything.  Since she can equip ribbons, perfumes, bags and a few other accessories, this may need to be adjusted. 

Maybe I am just too high a level, I know you balanced all stat growth to be equal accross the classes, but there is very little incentive to use her as of right now.  I mean breath skills are nice but not great, and her redeeming grace from vanilla was her growths were insane so she makes a great carrier for anything, and her stats made her at least a contender for a spot since she generally did stuff better than pretty much anyone else.  There just isn't much incentive to use her now. 

Her mods are quite nice still but the lack of equips means they still don't carry her as a class.  And since growth classes are equal across the board, she might carry an ability better in her base class, but if every attack kills her outright, seems awkward. 

Dome

I was thinking about changing her skillset and allowing her to equip clothes, robes, hats and such

Dome

efrate

I think that would be fine, since as of yet she is benched next to musty.  If I find a sweet dragon battle I'll bring her out but it's not worth it as of now. 

Dome

I'll use this topic to post crap (And -almost- never used) reactions/support/movement skill, and how to make them usefull

Defend - Mp Restore - Caution - Gilgame heart - Catch - Finger guard - Move get exp - Move get jp - Fly

Any suggestion on how to replace - edit them?

efrate

Does martial arts actually do anything?  Reis doesn't have it in her base class as per patcher, and after equipping it her damage was identical.  Is that a hard coded for her, or did you just make the support skill as it is basically superfluous?  And if so, then remove it and don't worry.  Especially since you removed the skill as innate from monks, it doesn't seem to be helping her so I'd just axe it. 

Dome

Quote from: efrate on May 19, 2011, 07:14:05 am
Does martial arts actually do anything?  Reis doesn't have it in her base class as per patcher, and after equipping it her damage was identical.  Is that a hard coded for her, or did you just make the support skill as it is basically superfluous?  And if so, then remove it and don't worry.  Especially since you removed the skill as innate from monks, it doesn't seem to be helping her so I'd just axe it

She doesn't have it as an innate, and martial arts will be removed in the next release

Shade

Fly is actually good, the this is that teleport always did the samething with a change of going even further.
Caution is actually bitch to deal at start game with AI(doubles evasion).
Catch was usefull in 1.3 when you happened to face some ninjas, but don't know is it good in here as it was 1.3
Move get jp would be good if higher amounts of jp would come.
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

Shade

Quote from: Dome on May 19, 2011, 07:03:19 am
It depends on how they are used

Well My analysis.
Knights can be used for level 4 and after that they begin to drag you down(so everyone must get out of knight class before it happens.) I btw tested what is faster 5 speed knight with haste or 7 speed geomancer, it was geomancer, also it happens to be that hp diffrence between geomancer and knight at my level(15) is 7. Only timme that I have now used a knight was rad combined with his MA save, his slowness didn't help, but his armor did, but that's something I can get without using a knight.

This just my oppinion here, but I would like them being fast as samurais, cause that speed is really slow at the point that I am playing(going to grog hill next).
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

Shade

Quote from: Dome on May 19, 2011, 05:11:39 am
It's his monster skill (Tentacle is meteorain without CT)
And Yes, I still have to edit the poach rewards

Why it's without ct, I mean if you give meteorain to behomoths, they will cast it instantly anyway?
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

Dome

I edited some of his other skills
Don't worry about stuff like that :-)