• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 03:05:23 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Bloodthirster's Sprites

Started by Bloodthirster0, February 18, 2010, 12:36:09 am

Bloodthirster0

February 18, 2010, 12:36:09 am Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 03:53:52 pm by Bloodthirster0
Finally I decided to make a a thread,now I can I post every minor sprite I've doing and the big projects,I will transfer all my work here.Lets begin with this

Custom Chr. Gevaerd (Complete),Portrait by Mav

Balbanes Beoulve (Complete)

Graaf Folles (Recolor,43%) - Cancelled

FF1 Bikke For Mercenaries (WIP) - On Hold

FFVI Locke Cole (25%) - On Hold

Neo Kanbabrif (WIP) - On Hold

Black Haired Priest/Young Simon (10%) - In The Works

Valkyrie Profile Arngrim (WIP) - On Hold

Mitch AKA Bald Sailor (3%),Portrait by Mav - On Hold

Maverick AKA Warjilis Sailor (WIP) - In The Works

Custom Chr. Captain Ruben (WIP) - Cancelled

20 Years Old Man (28%) - On Hold

Baron Grims - In The Works
Need something useful to write here

SilvasRuin

The shading on Bikke's back could use some work, but he doesn't look bad.  The hat also looks a little bit flat on everything but the side view.

The beard seems inconsistent between the first and third poses for Kanbabrif.

The ends of the bandana are extremely inconsistent in size and position between the first three poses and the last two.

Cheetah

You should check out my Master Thief Zero sprite for some bases for Maverick's headband.
Current Projects:

mav

Maverick's face and headband need work, as Cheetah and Silvas touched on. Everything else looks pretty good--I'm especially looking forward to the completion of the Black Haired Priest. Great work, man.

Bloodthirster0

I did a few changes to Maverick,however it still needs a lot of work on the bandana and arms.Its just make him look less ugly

Kagebunji

I really like Arngrim sprite, probably cause I have sentiment for most VP characters :)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

jimmyjw88

Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Jon

Yeah, I totally agree, pretty much all your sprites are getting there! Also, I must say that is a very fine looking hat on Bikke the Pirate haha ;) Dude, keep up the excellent work!
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

mav

Maverick doesn't look wide enough on either of the views you just posted...Extend him by a pixel.

wicked1one11!!

His shoulder's look kinda like those Japanese ball joint doll's..may want to fix the shading on his arms some.

mav

On the subject of his arms, the front view's arms look scrawny compared to the others'.

jimmyjw88

Just reduce the muscles a little bit. Right now, its just odd compared with others. I know you're trying to give him muscular arms like the samples. Just give him normal arms from Male Monk or Berserker and add few lines for the muscle look.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Bloodthirster0

Those are the Berserker arms,Barret ones actually,but they share the same arms

mav

I think the arms look fine as a whole, it's just the front pose that's a problem. Look at the perceived size difference between the original sprites and the ones you've created.

Bloodthirster0

Yeah,I noticed it,I didnt touch the arms yet,I just copied the ones from barret and re-colored,I will put it at my priorities list.

Also,update for Young simon,Front Singing and few minor parts added

jimmyjw88

Well, I see the differences; it's not join with the face, like Barret and Berserker. Perhaps if you make it just like them?

Bloodthirster0

Updates upon Maverick,new arms for the front view and few minor edits with front-diag and front

Kokojo

I really like your sprites, Blood. Continue foward!
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

mav

Quote from: "Bloodthirster0"Updates upon Maverick,new arms for the front view and few minor edits with front-diag and front
I tried my hand at editing those views as well, let me know what you think. The ones on the left are the originals, the ones on the right are my edits. They're nowhere near perfect, but I think they're in the right direction...

Bloodthirster0

Weird,I remenber seeing sprites on my last post,they are not there though

@Kokojo: Much thanks,this is an inspiration for me to keep working with sprites

@Mav: Assuming my update were not loaded(new arms),so thats why you didnt apply it,I really like it,you told about that height problem,although i did not fix it.the diag-front view bandana do not follow the design,but it looks awesome,about the front,I will use that head,which looks way better than mine,about the height fixing,it is simply perfect,you should try your hand at spriting and not only portraits

Im very happy to say that I quit from Graaf project,it was just a silly recolor,but he wont be forgotten,since from his death a new sprite was born,same colors,same body with a few differences.I present you Baron Grims,another FFT related character.

For those who dont know Baron Grims,he is the leader of the black sheep,but he was replaced by Delita after his death during a battle againt a rebel group,the Ryomoku.

Here his main frame,along with a new Maverick update,with Mav changes applied