• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

WOTL ASM Hacks?

Started by goldblade0, February 20, 2009, 11:12:12 pm

goldblade0

February 20, 2009, 11:12:12 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by goldblade0
I was wondering if anyone is working on any.  Oh yeah if someone could, it would be nice if they could switch O and X to the way they were on the psx version, it really bothers me.  Annoying to try to cancel a move just to accidentally waste a turn
It'll be a good long time until someone flushes another guitar string.

SentinalBlade

February 21, 2009, 12:16:26 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
thats impossible without remapping the entire games way of controlling the buttons. its nearly impossible to find if you could anyways, since no one knows what the ASM instructions are for button inputs for the psp...

The PSP debugger is AWFUL. its slow, clunky, freezes, has few options... your better of using the search function in CWCheat.

Until a stable PSP emu has been released...and about a year after that for the debugger to get working, maybe we can contemplate this more...

I have personally tried the debugger, and made my psp freeze with CFW 5.0 m33-2. not a very pleasent experience. i think i had to use my pandora's battery to get it to boot up again...and then i had to re-upgrade...lots of wasted time.

although dont count me on this. PSP doesnt use the same type of ASM as the PSX does, so youd have to learn  the few differences.

that being said. melonhead was working on getting the asm hacks that are in 1.3 PSX to 1.3 PSP. but last i ever heard from that was about 2 weeks and some odd days ago.

If anyone can do it, its him. but i wouldnt expect anything anytime soon D:

Sorry if i came off a little blunt. im jsut a bit upset that the PSP has been out so long and we have a very poor debugger, and no feasible emulator for it... is this...year 5? already? i think it came out in 2004...no idea though...

regardless, it doesnt seem very likely this will happen within the next few months. at least... i can only hope, it doesnt take that long. Symbols of Rage PSP users are gonna be dissapointed...the PSX version has its own forum section, but ill be damned if i let teh PSP version go flat without the ASM hacks :/

Dominic NY18

February 21, 2009, 12:38:57 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dominic NY18
The PSP came out in Japan in December of '04. So it'll be five years old at the end of the year.

As far as the state of PSP emulation goes, I'm not really surprised. It seems that most PSP-centric efforts by programmers and hackers are about hacking the PSP itself and making all sorts of apps, plugins, and homebrew programs/games for it. I think that a lack of focus on making working emulators is the main thing behind the lack of playable PSP emulators.

SentinalBlade

February 21, 2009, 01:12:35 am #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
^ good point. the PSP can do so much by itself, its like a cost-effective mini computer. and its more durable(the people who say it breaks and stuff easy are people who usually drop it by accident and then proceed to step on it/kick it across the floor)

It can emulate PSP ISOs. snes, sega, super famicon, ps1 games, there was a small project for dreamcast that got my sonic dreamcast up and running. there is also an n64 emu that lets you play legend of zelda: Orcarina of time.

its so versatile, why would you want to screw the portability of it with a computer emu? just to play games that come out on next gen systems as well(most of the time).

lol 4 years...i still feel like i was uber young when i saw an ad for it in kmart flyers xD back when kmart had a purpose.

Dominic NY18

February 21, 2009, 01:35:45 am #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dominic NY18
When I realized that it's been out for four years already, I was a little shocked. Mostly because I didn't think that much time had passes already.

I was a junior in high school when it came out. It seems like it was just yesterday, but at the same time, like it was very long ago.

Angel

February 21, 2009, 10:01:37 am #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by superjupi
I was rather certain that joker (button-activated) codes existed for PSP, but I could be mistaken. I'm just not sure how to write the codes in question without causing an infinite loop.
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

SentinalBlade

February 21, 2009, 02:23:59 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
joker codes are plausible, but theres no way to rewrite what the origonal button will do.

If you make O bring up a hack, it is still going ot be the confirm button.

If you mke X confirm, it is still going to be cancel button.

Normally joker commands come with a readme, or short description, telling when its safe to press the button. and more often than not its 2+ buttons in swift combination on like the titel screen or inventory(mhp2g, pres L button, and X. but it still exits you out of the menu)