• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 11:45:53 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

||||

Started by Lijj, September 21, 2011, 12:01:16 am

Lijj

Hello folks, my name is Lijj. I Found this site about a year and a half ago and have really enjoyed it; particularly now that the 'Golden Age of Progress' is incipient.

I thought I'd be completely AFK or sequestered from internet access for this whole time; I'm out of town for work for the time being, but there is a saloon in this town with free wifi, so on my hours off (which will become very rare soon) I come here to eat or have a beer. I don't like beer much but feel the need to patronize to avoid being deemed a loiterer and my dental work at the time makes soda vexatious to drink... I'm getting a root canal done since I have the extra cash (us artists rarely have insurance). That is why I'm working now; to catch up with mundane chores and put some money in the bank.

The main reason I wanted to post here is because a couple things have come up. I'm going to be out here working for about a month longer than I originally anticipated and I got commissioned to do a big piece of art. I will also need to find a new place to live which will set me back another week because I will need to be extra careful about where I dwell; I'm extremely sensitive to my surroundings. The last place I lived made me miserable. So, I won't be back to spriting for awhile.

The first thing I want to do when I get back and caught up is finish Corsa for Formerdeathcorps' patch (unamed):http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=4880.80. then I'd like to finally finish Sahagin:http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=5003.320 i'd also like to redo some of my old portraits since they suck and I think I understand the art form now much better (FFT style hair used to confound me). Finally, the serious goal; to finish the Tethical Sprites and make more map textures. I really enjoy doing that most I think; making textures and mapping.
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?board=57.0

Also my favorite color is lavender; I just love it! What is your favorite color?
  • Modding version: PSX

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Quote from: Lijj on September 21, 2011, 12:01:16 amWill also need to find a new place to live which will set me back another week because I will need to be extra careful about where I dwell; I'm extremely sensitive to my surroundings. The last place I lived made me miserable. So, I won't be back to spriting for awhile.

How did it make you miserable?  What are you sensitive to?

Quote from: Lijj on September 21, 2011, 12:01:16 amAlso my favorite color is lavender; I just love it! What is your favorite color?

Don't know.  All of them, I guess.

Kagebunji

Heh, a root canal? I heard it is expensive and quite a painfull treatment(at least in Poland). It's good to hear you got a big painting job too! We will wait for you here, so take your time, heh. I still need to finish few sprites before you come back for good, so don't hurry :P

Favourite color? Definitly black.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Lijj

PGF:
I lived in the basement which was a beautifully finished one with so much space. I had two rooms, a toilet and a dojo space even. But I was starting to lose my mind due to the people living above me. They just weren't my kind of people; they were jarringly loud, constantly stomping around partying and drinking. One guy wore wood heeled shoes and clacked around like a horse constantly; that was what gave me constant murderous thoughts. The other main thing that got to me was the girl upstairs' hideous laughter which permeated everything.. she also laughed at everything. So I couldn't even stand being 10' near her; it was a constant thing. So, I guess I'm most sensitive to noise. But there were also trust issues. I even caught the guy with the 'hipster hooves' stealing money.

Kage:
Yes, they are expensive here too and painful after the Novocain wears off. Today I called because I can barely stand it and they set me up earlier to finish the job thank St. Ajora. my temporary filling fell out within hours so the nerve has been exposed for the last half of a week.
It is quite a blessing to have all this work and on top of that getting commissioned for a piece at this price (I shouldn't disclose that detail, but it's a high price). This will be a good year! No more cavities and bling lol.

RavenOfRazgriz

I remember when I was going to get a root canal when I was younger.  It was a terrible experience, the Novocaine didn't work properly because they were using some new system at Children's Hospital in Boston and they put this huge as green thing in my mouth, ended up going home crying and getting the teeth pulled despite them being adult teeth.  Didn't regret it then, don't regret it now, never have regretted it, probably never will regret it.  So, if you feel the urge to punch your dentist in the face, know you're not alone.

The work coming along nicely is always good to hear, though.  Hopefully you'll find a place where you don't live downstairs from Derp, Derpette, and their pet Derpy Hooves.  Then again, you living downstairs from Eternal is pretty unlikely anyway.

Lijj

September 21, 2011, 03:40:11 pm #5 Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 03:41:34 pm by Lijj
You always crack me up!
Also thanks for the MS paint resizing tip; worked like a charm. Now I have a conformist's avatar.

Edit:   Also I'm glad Kage uses the moogle again. It's almost his tradmark at this point.

Eternal

I am a quiet person, thank you very much.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Quote from: Lijj on September 21, 2011, 03:05:25 pm
PGF:
I lived in the basement which was a beautifully finished one with so much space. I had two rooms, a toilet and a dojo space even. But I was starting to lose my mind due to the people living above me. They just weren't my kind of people; they were jarringly loud, constantly stomping around partying and drinking. One guy wore wood heeled shoes and clacked around like a horse constantly; that was what gave me constant murderous thoughts. The other main thing that got to me was the girl upstairs' hideous laughter which permeated everything.. she also laughed at everything. So I couldn't even stand being 10' near her; it was a constant thing. So, I guess I'm most sensitive to noise. But there were also trust issues. I even caught the guy with the 'hipster hooves' stealing money.

Buy a pair of shooting earmuffs at wal mart.  I bought a pair for 40 bucks when I lived with my parents, to deal with their excessive noise, and I could barely hear anything when I was wearing them.  White noise helps too, but not with irregular noise like clacking shoes and annoying laughter, though white noise can jar you enough that you can't get creative.

Lijj

I should have thought of getting some of those. I always had earplugs in and headphones on top of that up loud. But yeah, the clacking and cackling still permeated. I just prefer silence sometimes; out here in the country it has been so nice. There is a sort of white noise of frogs and crickets at night which is quite relaxing.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Natural noises, smells, air (you can feel the air is different), and especially being outside, with no people in sight or earshot - all these things are essential for your health, especially if you're a sensitive person.

Kagebunji

Quote from: Lijj on September 21, 2011, 03:40:11 pm
Edit:   Also I'm glad Kage uses the moogle again. It's almost his tradmark at this point.

Heh, I felt weird when I had different avatars, so I decided to switch back :P

As to noises, I don't mind them usually, since I often wear headphones when home, but when I try to concentrate I need a perfect silence, smallest noise can piss me off, so I kinda imagine what you must have felt, heh
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown