• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 08:45:13 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Luck Conjurers

Started by Kokojo, November 05, 2009, 11:47:35 pm

Kokojo

November 05, 2009, 11:47:35 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kokojo
So, I asked yesterday for a funky class to replace the Sorcerer... and this is what we came out with :

Luck Conjurer :

A weird unit on field. Bringing several range items into battle, he invokes pure luck on the battlefield. A light unit, he can be very powerfull if used well, but can also ruin you completly. His skills cost a lot, but can be all learned by getting hit with one.

Equip : Bows, X-bows, Guns, Cloths, Hats, Robes, Acessories.

Skillset (ideas) :

Lucky Star (wink to px) : Medium MP and CT cost. 3 range, 2aoe, 5 vertical.
Deals very high damage to a single panel (Almost one-shot kills) chosen randomly.

Blind shot : No CT, some MP cost, 1-line infinite range, 1 vertical.
Deals random damage to the whole line in front of him.

more to add...but I don't want it to look too much like the Merc gambler !
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

Orlandu

November 06, 2009, 02:57:10 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Orlandu
if we're talking about luck, why not include dice/slot like cait sith limit break :lol: if dice, the number could become the modifier if at all possible.

That lucky star, is it only hit once among that 12 panel?

2 aoe means like this right? cmiiw

XXOXX
XOOOX
OOOOO
XOOOX
XXOXX

Wasabi

November 06, 2009, 04:42:25 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Wasabi
Whoa, 2 AOE? Is that what I said in chat? I thought it was 1 AOE with a chance to hit 1-2 times.

"Blind shot" should probably be called "Gusto." I don't know why, it just popped out of my head just now. :P

And this class can equip bows? Mmm... not sure about this one. I was hoping for a weak melee weapon like rods or staves, but that's just me.

MiKeMiTchi

November 07, 2009, 03:56:02 am #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by MiKeMiTchi
LUCKY STAR for teh win!

Hmm.. I think you're going to play more with Hit#. :)

QuoteI was hoping for a weak melee weapon like rods or staves, but that's just me.

Axes perhaps? Random damage formula for their weapon would make them risky..
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

FFMaster

November 07, 2009, 05:10:04 am #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by FFMaster
Alright, I'll throw in a few abilities. Not sure how good they are until it gets tested. Remember that! Replace my ability names with good ones please!

Lucky Draw: 1-2AoE, 2 Vert, centered on self. Instant cast, low MP. So yeah, not sure on AoE, probably too good at 2 AoE.
Deals random low-medium damage to all units within the area, includes yourself.
Use: Worth using when you can hit 2+ enemies.

Lady Luck: 0 AoE, infinite Vert, 4 Range. Instant Cast, low MP.
Heals a random amount of HP to the target.
Use: Well, its an instant heal...

Final Gambit: 0 AoE, 3 Vert, 3 Range. Fairly slow cast time, medium MP.
Deals medium damage to the target panel 1-4 times. Basically, just a 1 target Truth skill. I would leave it panel only for balance reasons (like cast + run away for a low risk kill). You could make it more luck based by reducing the damage and increasing the number to something like 1-8 hits.
Use: If you are in a tight position and need to take out a certain enemy quickly, this will be awesome!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

MiKeMiTchi

November 07, 2009, 06:34:24 am #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by MiKeMiTchi
QuoteLucky Draw: 1-2AoE, 2 Vert, centered on self. Instant cast, low MP. So yeah, not sure on AoE, probably too good at 2 AoE.

In my hack, I did something like this, but with a twist. :)
Hmm.. I think that's not possible, so I suggest adding some CT. hahaha.

@kokojo
How about a global LUCKY STAR upgrade?
Same as golem cast  + target enemies, + rndmHit#

Wasabi

November 09, 2009, 08:50:26 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Wasabi
QuoteLucky Draw: 1-2AoE, 2 Vert, centered on self. Instant cast, low MP. So yeah, not sure on AoE, probably too good at 2 AoE.

Unique. I like the risk factor that comes with this technique. If the random hit formula with an AOE of 2 centered on caster were applied on this ability it will certainly be a unique concept. It needs to be able to hit allies, enemies and the caster. Not sure about applying negative status, however. Might be too overpowering. (However, in chat, I did suggest to apply a skill that adds both a positive and negative status on "random" infliction; this could be the skill to do it). Name could use some work.

QuoteLady Luck: 0 AoE, infinite Vert, 4 Range. Instant Cast, low MP.
Heals a random amount of HP to the target.
Use: Well, its an instant heal...

Not sure if this can be done without ASM hacking a "Rdm {1...X}" formula that heals instead of dealing damage. However, I like it. Maybe instead of healing, this could be used for inflict status buffing/debuffing as I mentioned above. I like the name.

QuoteFinal Gambit: 0 AoE, 3 Vert, 3 Range. Fairly slow cast time, medium MP.
Deals medium damage to the target panel 1-4 times. Basically, just a 1 target Truth skill. I would leave it panel only for balance reasons (like cast + run away for a low risk kill). You could make it more luck based by reducing the damage and increasing the number to something like 1-8 hits.
Use: If you are in a tight position and need to take out a certain enemy quickly, this will be awesome!

This could be way overpowering without the high CT and unflagging "Follow Target." Not too sure about this, but it could work. Maybe add an AOE of 1 or 2, hit for seven times, and call it "Lucky Seven!" would do the trick. It'll be like a play on Reis' "Holy Breath" from vanilla.

As for weaponry, the axe formula is definitely a good idea. But is it possible to modify the formula as {1...WP}*MA instead of PA? As for a type of weaponry to represent this, does anyone have a firm idea on what to replace? I'm think maybe rods, staves or sticks, but anything can work imo. Magical guns? :)

SilvasRuin

November 09, 2009, 11:31:42 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
QuoteNot sure if this can be done without ASM hacking a "Rdm {1...X}" formula that heals instead of dealing damage. However, I like it. Maybe instead of healing, this could be used for inflict status buffing/debuffing as I mentioned above. I like the name.
How about that one trick Voldemort tried for that Squire ability?  Since it wouldn't be a weapon attack, it shouldn't run into the same problems.  You'd need to set up one of the elements as a Healing element though, and it would wind up being based on physical attack power...

CT5Holy

November 09, 2009, 11:49:29 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by CT5Holy
How about a low% (10-20%, maybe?) charm everyone on the field? Potentially absurdly powerful, but losing control of your own characters, however temporarily, would be awful.
Note: charming someone on your own team is like setting auto-battle for that character. They'll still fight for you, but you can't control them.
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

Wasabi

November 10, 2009, 08:54:25 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Wasabi
Squire ability? Do you mean Wild Blow (or whatever it was called) in 1.3 that worked like an exploited glitch for guns, SilvasRuin?

Low% Charm with a 255 AOE is pretty sweet. Even better if there were a downside as well. Confuse status? Hmm... maybe this could replace the "Lady Luck" ability that FFMaster proposed.

SilvasRuin

November 10, 2009, 10:05:50 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
Yes, but as I said, I'd kind of hope that it wouldn't run into the same issue if it isn't set it up as a weapon attack.

Kokojo

November 12, 2009, 11:09:33 am #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kokojo
If that's possible to do it withouth the exploit (Cop shall have none !) then I could add it... But do you mean I should sacrifice an element to make it Healing ? I don't have the knowledge to know how to do that :P
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

SilvasRuin

November 12, 2009, 12:50:34 pm #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
Well, since that formula is strictly damaging, you'd have to make everything in the game absorb one of the elements (except for undead), and then use that element for the ability.  By doing that, you have made that element basically a Healing element.

MiKeMiTchi

November 12, 2009, 06:23:51 pm #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by MiKeMiTchi
I agree with Silvas..
you could try that kokojo..

maybe absorb wind element?

Wasabi

November 12, 2009, 08:27:43 pm #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Wasabi
One of the spells already in game is a wind-elemental spell.

If it is at all possible to ASM hack a current random damage formula to heal, or to input a custom formula relative to what we've discussed, I'm all for it. But I don't like the idea of scrapping one element just to serve as healing for the entire game.

If it's not possible, then... I will vouch for the Holy element. :/

FFMaster

November 12, 2009, 08:40:33 pm #15 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by FFMaster
If random heal is impossible, just scrap the idea altogether.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢