• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 01:36:55 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Possible to make treasures useful?

Started by JadeKnightblazer, June 02, 2021, 08:33:42 am

JadeKnightblazer

Is there any spreadsheets or tools to make treasures like materia useful? Perhaps a way to change their item id into that of an accessory so it could be equipped?
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: JadeKnightblazer

Nyzer

• Modding version: Other/Unknown

JadeKnightblazer

Bummer.

Are these items flagged when acquired? Maybe something like that could then be used in ALMA Skill Sets.

Jumza

There are indeed flags for the treasures, check this out. https://ffhacktics.com/wiki/Variables#Treasures
I've never used ALMA so I'm not sure, but with good event editing / ASMing skills I'm sure you could make good use out of them somehow.
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

JadeKnightblazer

Very cool!! Maybe I'll passs this on to Pokeytax and see what they could do or like to do with it. Seems a good way to back extra items in the game without needing to use item ids or replacing vanilla.

3lric

Quote from: JadeKnightblazer on June 02, 2021, 03:30:06 pmVery cool!! Maybe I'll passs this on to Pokeytax and see what they could do or like to do with it. Seems a good way to back extra items in the game without needing to use item ids or replacing vanilla.

Pokeytax hasnt been very active here for years

Nyzer

Quote from: JadeKnightblazer on June 02, 2021, 03:30:06 pmSeems a good way to back extra items in the game without needing to use item ids or replacing vanilla.

Well... no. They're stored entirely differently from equippable items in basically every way. It might be possible to delete 20 of them to make room for one piece of ""equipment" or something, but even then the game wouldn't have any way to call the item or jump to it for the stat check or anything. I'm not an ASM hacker myself but it seems like it would have been way easier to do this with unused variables as is (there are so many unused Words, Half-Words, and Bits), rather than cannibalize the Treasures.

• Modding version: Other/Unknown

JadeKnightblazer

To the point, I am wondering about an idea towards ALMA. Hooking acquire Treasures flags (Starts at 800) https://ffhacktics.com/wiki/Variables#Treasures into ALMA's Skill Set menus.

This would allow finding such treasures to be turned into an Ability --> Skillset --> into a menu for different jobs. Example

Type: Extra Slot, Comparison: Equal to?, Flag: White Materia, Byte: 03 Job, Value: 003 Squire, Skillset: Holy (filled with a single or many abilities)

Anyways, thought it would be a neat idea for a treasure hunter class, Materia, extra perks to empower classes, ect.

No Items are being made, ALMA would purely be checking if the event has been flagged. Creating and using the SKillsets is the easy part.  In fact I use this ALMA feature to make new ACT menus based on what R/S/M is currently equipped, since they are flagged.

This is what sparked the idea https://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=11134.0

Been working a revamp of Cloud with the Remake designs: Operator Mode, Punisher Mode. I use above to keep my ACT menus from shuffling everywhere.