• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:38:52 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Resource.zip Issue

Started by TidesofMercy, April 05, 2021, 10:06:23 pm

TidesofMercy

I am working with the resource.zip file for the first time with FFTPatcher. I create the file in the FFTPatcher folder that I have created along with all of the FFTPatcher files. After I make the edits to the text files and rezip the file, FFTPatcher doesn't open.

Any idea as to what I have done to mess it up? When I delete the resource.zip file it opens fine.
I think I am just bad at this >_<

Thank you for your assistance!
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
  • Discord username: TidesofMercy

Jumza

April 06, 2021, 09:31:33 am #1 Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 09:50:09 am by Jumza
Let's make sure you're doing the process correctly! Here's a step by step.

Assuming FFTPatcher v0.493 Beta v6
Open FFTPatcher
Click File -> Generate Resources.zip
Make sure to generate the file in the same directory as FFTPatcher (and keep it there)
Open the zip -> Click on the PSP folder (If that's the version you are editing)
Say you want to edit SkillSets.xml, if you don't have something that knows how to edit xml's, export the file, change it in notepad, and import it back into the same folder it was in in the zip file without changing the name. If you do have something that can edit xml's, just double click on the file in the zip and edit it there, and save.
Close and open FFTPatcher again, your changes should be present.

Make sure you are preserving the formatting of the file while editing the entries. Here is an excerpt from the PSP's SkillSets.xml

<SkillSet byte="05" name="Fundaments"/>
  <SkillSet byte="06" name="Items"/>
  <SkillSet byte="07" name="Arts of War"/>

Let's say you want to edit Fundaments to Witchcraft (idk), the file now looks like this

<SkillSet byte="05" name="Witchcraft"/>
  <SkillSet byte="06" name="Items"/>
  <SkillSet byte="07" name="Arts of War"/>

Hope this helps!
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.