• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:06:22 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Is there any way to replace the FFT soundtrack with different music, in emulator

Started by junkwes, February 16, 2020, 07:33:29 pm

junkwes

Despite how brilliant the FFT sountrack is (one of the main reasons I liked it so much), I'm on my 6th play through, and the tunes are getting too familiar. I had an idea that I'm sure others have had to replace the soundtrack with custom files.

Is there any way to integrate different music into FFT without turning the in-game volume all the way down and have tracks playing in the background?

FWIW, I am currently obsessed with the soundtrack in the game Regions of Ruin and I was able to extract the music. I have various other ideas for customizing the soundtrack so that it works "on cue."

Any advice is appreciated.
  • Modding version: PSX

Nyzer

IIRC there is a tool with a limited way to import tracks, though it's very easy for them to become distorted. Trying to find it...

http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=9571.msg226266
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

IsoldeLadonna

• Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: IsoldeLadonna

Snowmeow

Quote from: IsoldeLadonna on July 27, 2021, 12:39:25 amThe game's music is the default, changing it won't be very good.
It depends.
In Example, someone wants to make a new game with another story, having other sprites, among other things (Like Call of Power).
For a different story, a different soundtrack seems more adequate.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown