• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 10:04:57 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

[FFTA2] Mission Reward Hex Coding

Started by DeLec, December 05, 2020, 05:24:28 am

DeLec

December 05, 2020, 05:24:28 am Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 10:28:43 am by DeLec
After looking at the data tables for the missions, I saw that the place to change the mission reward was found, but I did not find on the site how it worked. So after some experimentations I found how the reward is coded.
Each reward is strored on 4 bytes.

The last two bytes give which category is the item in, and the quantity looted :
The remainder of the euclidean division by 4 gives which part of the loot is concerned, if we follow the index of the names beginning at the address 02AA26CC (under the Text tab in the Data Tables)
- 0 are objects from 0000 to 00FF
- 1 are objects from 0100 to 01FF
- 2 are objects from 0200 to 027A with the rest filled with wyvern wings
- 3 are wyvern wings (last loot on the list) with bugged sprite and text.
The quotient of the euclidean division by 4 gives the quantity looted, from 0 to 63.

The first two bytes give the position within each category.

For example the reward coded 2F6E
6E is the hexadecimal for 110 = 27*4 + 2
Therefore, the mission will reward 27 items with the position 022F in the index, ie 27 Suspect Mushrooms.

The same apply for Missions requirement (offset 0x14 and 0x15)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

GooeySL

I tested this on a couple of quest and it works perfectly. I originally posted a bunch of jargon because of my mistakes but quickly understood what I was dong wrong lol.

But anyways, great job on figuring all this out. There isn't much people trying to figure out things for this game. Makes me happy to see others are still poking around :D .
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

darkskyx

December 19, 2020, 11:30:19 pm #2 Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 01:28:45 am by darkskyx
I need to ask a question... It is for FTTA but here it goes (the question can apply too to FFTA2 I guess):
So once you understand what does each hex... there is a way to patch the game with hacks? I mean... Instead a patch, just add some codes. I wanna do something like the changes from this topic: FFTA: Minimalist Completionist
I need to patch my EUR ISO version and I don't wanna lose some items/characters. Even if I had to do it myself I want to learn how, but I only see how all patches requires an US ISO. I wish I had something like FFTPatcher :(
  • Modding version: WotL

✪ Emergence 2 for PSP (EN/ES) - Play it now! ✪
A vanilla+ experience for PSP. Actual patch: 1.0+. More fixes in v1.1!
  • Discord username: darkskyx#9825