• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:08:08 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Chapter 2 Progress Log

Started by 3lric, August 20, 2013, 06:52:12 pm

CONMAN

Holy crap!  That looks amazing! Doing some damn fine work over here!
  • Modding version: PSX

3lric

Post them in discord, Nyzer, lol.

Tails_Doll_Prower

Now that's some real grinding for pickaxing stuff. I like the concept however. I know this game has been in progression for so long.. But this is really cool. I can tell this is defiantly for Item making, and crafting Weapons Shields and other equipment. (Maybe a part of making Legendary-Epic things if Certain craft-able Items are Obtained?) I don't know how you guys plan on this.. But, this is some Real Square Enix stuff if you plan to make it a bit complicated. I don't mind the complexity..

But this is a very.. very big investing idea that you guy have planned.. and I wish you all the best in completing Chapter.. I know chapter four... is still a long ways a way.. before this would ever get done.

Can't wait but Good Luck to you, and your team!

Nyzer

Xifanie figured out a way to eat the Poach inventory for unique new items, and of course to set up a new shop revolving around using this new inventory to craft items & equipment. It's being called the Synthesis Shop and it'll definitely see a lot of use when the rerelease comes around.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

DokuganryuSilvio

Finally found this place again after having forgotten it briefly. I came across this hack and I was like "Woah, Link AND Dante in FFT?!?! And it's an unofficial sequel to the OG game that I loved oh so dearly?! Righteous!"

You guys are doing great work, and I can't wait for it to be playable.
  • Discord username: DokuganryuSilvio

3lric

G.P.S

Hyraldelita

For the love of god lol.
I really would love to complain about how much time its taking but when i see these things i just need to shut up and wait lol XD

Amazing job guys. I think when its finished you should ask square enix to allow you guys to sell it, after paying copyrights or whatever or splitting the money, i think its going to sell A LOT of copies.
Anyway.. just a though.

Keep up the good work!

Nyzer

That would never even come close to happening, for way too many reasons to list.

Talcall

he a little confused, but he got the spirit. he wants your mod to succeed, at least.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
""The only thing more hardcoded than FFT, is more FFT."
    - A wise man"
       - Talcall
  • Discord username: Talcall

Aiolon

Wow. This is different.
Every time you guys post a new video the hype returns.
i have 2 questions and 1 silly suggestion.

Quote from: Nyzer on July 06, 2020, 01:52:15 amXifanie figured out a way to eat the Poach inventory for unique new items, and of course to set up a new shop revolving around using this new inventory to craft items & equipment.
Question 1: Is poaching death?

Question 2: the sound track used for the logging event is really catchy. It is now stuck inside my head. from which game is this?

and Suggestion for the logging event: Can we have link instead of Ramza for the logging one? for some reason i think it would make more sense if link was the one chopping trees and slaying the local flora. Having the duke of lionel himself (a Notorious Nobleman) swing a hatchet violently against trees seems inapropiate.
Wizzard: I have returned once again.
Chocobo: Wark?
Wizzard: yes.

Nyzer

October 24, 2020, 08:41:14 pm #512 Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 09:30:30 pm by Nyzer
Quote from: Aiolon on October 24, 2020, 07:52:02 pmQuestion 1: Is poaching death?

What?

QuoteQuestion 2: the sound track used for the logging event is really catchy. It is now stuck inside my head. from which game is this?

Final Fantasy Tactics ;)

QuoteCan we have link instead of Ramza for the logging one? for some reason i think it would make more sense if link was the one chopping trees and slaying the local flora. Having the duke of lionel himself (a Notorious Nobleman) swing a hatchet violently against trees seems inapropiate.

Ramza is not the type of person to send someone else to do grunt work for him because of his nobility. Rather the opposite, really.

Aiolon

Quote from: Nyzer on October 24, 2020, 08:41:14 pmWhat?

Dead, not death. Whatever happened to my english there.
Dead as in removed from the game.
so no more secret hunt?

Quote from: Nyzer on October 24, 2020, 08:41:14 pmFinal Fantasy Tactics ;)
Unused track i see. Thanks.
Wizzard: I have returned once again.
Chocobo: Wark?
Wizzard: yes.

3lric

Quote from: Aiolon on October 25, 2020, 09:47:03 amDead, not death. Whatever happened to my english there.
Dead as in removed from the game.
so no more secret hunt?

Its been changed to Scavenge. Which allows you to use it on dead monsters to get ingredients for synthing.

Jumza

What's a little Mining and De-Foresting without some Farming??

JoT5 is closer than it's ever been to the Ch1 Re-Release + Ch2 now that we have the Farm at 98% completion (and ready for final testing!), so here's a demo of a rough version of the farm!

Thanks Nyzer for making the video of the event I created!
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

coldds

Since you guy are adding new mechanics and systems to the game from scratch, this may take time to design, implement, test, fix bugs and balance it. With that in mind, when we receive a Ch1 Re-Release + Ch2 those new features will be ready with it. How many chapters do you guys want to release chapters besides 2? Or Ch2 is the last one?  Do you guys want to add new features for future Chapters too or Ch2 will have all the desired features and future Chapters will be usual "more stages and items" (which means that it will be released faster)?
Sorry if these questions are already answered somewhere else...

Jumza

Quote from: coldds on January 25, 2021, 10:15:57 pmHow many chapters do you guys want to release chapters besides 2? Or Ch2 is the last one?

JoT5 has been planned out to be 4 chapters, though each chapter has more content than any of the vanilla chapters.

Quote from: coldds on January 25, 2021, 10:15:57 pmDo you guys want to add new features for future Chapters too or Ch2 will have all the desired features and future Chapters will be usual "more stages and items" (which means that it will be released faster)?

Great question! Chapter 2 and the chapter 1 re-release together have covered the development of most new features, unless more are decided on later to be added in you are correct, the rest of the chapters will take a lot less time because it will be mostly event and balance work.
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Tytytoast

When chapter two is released, will we have to restart from the beginning?
  • Discord username: Tytytoast

3lric

Quote from: Tytytoast on February 04, 2021, 06:16:41 pmWhen chapter two is released, will we have to restart from the beginning?

Yes