• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:02:12 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

FFTA: Revisited 2.0 Beta

Started by rrs_kai, September 21, 2014, 02:20:39 pm

mobo

July 04, 2020, 06:25:17 pm #80 Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 09:58:10 pm by mobo
Sorry forgot to mention that I used the one with Leonarth's engine, thanks for updates and fix.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

rrs_kai

Quote from: mobo on July 04, 2020, 06:25:17 pmsorry forgot to note that im using the your mod w/ Leonarth's engine, thanks for update and fix.
You're welcome :)

Note: The morpher's souls' range isn't working.

mobo

July 04, 2020, 09:58:40 pm #82 Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 09:31:38 am by mobo
comment removed

Gonna restart my progress, the growth rate seems interesting.

EDIT:
Does last member of party is set as default level 2?

In v1.06, level 2 White Mage Viera same in v1.061, level 2 White Mage Human.

rrs_kai

Quote from: mobo on July 04, 2020, 09:58:40 pmApplied the new patch and used my previous sav file and found this:
  • Marche/Montblanc's Jobs same with their First Abilities struck even successfully changing job. Change Job tab shows im Hunter but im struck at Soldier
---Marche--- This is a side-effect of switching between normal and Leonrath's patch and I had this many a times. Try changing jobs, then save and reload. This usually dd it for me.
---Soldier--- The game remembers that you mastered a skill, but because the AP cost increased, you still see the 100/200. You can ignore this, it does not break anything anywhere.
---Beastmaster--- Same as above. Doublehand was 100 and Concentrate is 200.
---Fighter--- Again, same as above. The difference is that both Doublehand and Shieldbearer are 100AP, so you mastered it instantly.

Quote from: mobo on July 04, 2020, 09:58:40 pmDoes last member of party is set as default level 2?
Saw this in v1.06, level 2 White Mage Viera and now same in v1.061,level 2 White Mage Human.
I tried a fresh patch and I got all Lv.1 recruits. Not sure how you got a Lv.2, hmmmm...

mobo

July 05, 2020, 07:46:55 pm #84 Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 04:52:44 am by mobo
Quote from: rrs_kai on July 05, 2020, 09:48:55 amI tried a fresh patch and I got all Lv.1 recruits. Not sure how you got a Lv.2, hmmmm...

I see, tried using both normal & level scale mod but having the same issue. Maybe its on the ROM I'm using.

EDIT:
Issue occurred when I used the level scale. The other seems fine.

rrs_kai

Quote from: mobo on July 05, 2020, 07:46:55 pmI see, tried using both normal & level scale mod but having the same issue. Maybe its on the ROM I'm using.

EDIT:
Issue occurred when I used the level scale. The other seems fine.
You're right, the last unit is Lv.2; but I can't control it.

On another note, I'd like to make Montblanc better. Do you have any suggestions?

I wanted him to start as a time mage. Although moogle mages are much now better than vanilla they will still be outclassed by Nu Mou...So, I made him a Nu Mou for testing and, strangely enough, it does not break game. He can even morph into a monster.

mobo

Quote from: rrs_kai on July 06, 2020, 01:16:24 pmOn another note, I'd like to make Montblanc better. Do you have any suggestions?

I wanted him to start as a time mage. Although moogle mages are much now better than vanilla they will still be outclassed by Nu Mou.

tbh I like the mod you made, Moogles with Double Sword skill is quite interesting. How about giving Moogles with Doublecast Skill A-Abilty and Magic Pow+ S-Skill ?

idk if the game will allow it but base on the Montblanc as a Morpher I think its possible. But idk in what job should the skill be added, if in Black Mage Humans and Nu Mous will be affected same as in Time Mage Nu Mous will become more powerful.

rrs_kai

Quote from: mobo on July 07, 2020, 10:24:38 amtbh I like the mod you made, Moogles with Double Sword skill is quite interesting.
That idea is from Eternal's FFTA:GG, its not mine.

Quote from: mobo on July 07, 2020, 10:24:38 amidk if the game will allow it but base on the Montblanc as a Morpher I think its possible
I just meant Montblanc could use all the Nu Mou classes without the game freezing

Quote from: mobo on July 07, 2020, 10:24:38 amBut idk in what job should the skill be added, if in Black Mage Humans and Nu Mous will be affected same as in Time Mage Nu Mous will become more powerful.
I actually want to add Half-MP moogles because all the other races get it, even Bangaa. Problem is that moogles only have 5 support abilities by default. I like replacing one support ability with another support ability because it saves me a lot of time that I would need to spend adjusting the enemies on maps and missions.

Not sure about doublecast.

Thanks for your feedback.

sudir1

I'm going to try this...
Thanks for the hard work its_kai !

rrs_kai

Quote from: sudir1 on July 10, 2020, 10:05:18 amI'm going to try this...
Thanks for the hard work its_kai !
Thank you!
Have fun playing, report if you find any bugs.

mobo

bit curious kai if you can add a feature like in Pokemon where everyone in party earns exp even they didnt went out for battle but instead of exp the feature gives AP for everyone thats if the Individual Missions/Battle/etc succeeded. Thanks in advance for the work.

slempi

This mod seems pretty good, it's a real shame I can only use 4 party members in battles. Makes building and grinding your entire party a lot more tedious and slow. I would definitely play this mod, if I could use 6 members instead.

mobo

Quote from: slempi on July 13, 2020, 04:15:12 amI can only use 4 party members in battles.

This mod supports 6 party members in battles  Marche + Montblanc + 4 other chars , though in some missions it doesn't (sometimes you can only use/summon 1/2/3/4/5 characters) and its quite good for you to challenge and make strategies to clear the missions.

rrs_kai

July 13, 2020, 09:46:12 am #93 Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 10:45:54 am by rrs_kai
Quote from: mobo on July 13, 2020, 01:34:17 ambit curious kai if you can add a feature like in Pokemon where everyone in party earns exp even they didnt went out for battle but instead of exp the feature gives AP for everyone thats if the Individual Missions/Battle/etc succeeded. Thanks in advance for the work.
Leonarth made an experimental hack here and from what I've tested

What it does:
---All party members get mission AP except those who go out on dispatch
---All newly learned abilities are correctly displayed in the mission summary screen
---Cosmetic bug: A generic soldier briefs every mission summary

What it doesn't:
---Dispatch missions only give AP to the dispatched unit
---Clan battles only give AP to participating members

I did not implement this because I could not test it extensively.

Leonarth also made a hack which makes JP be used for abilities instead of AP and it was included with the previous versions. Then I encountered some cases where the hundredth digit of the stored JP would reset. So, I did not include it afterwards.

What my mod already has:
---Reduced ability AP costs
---Story missions give a lot of AP
---You even get 2 insignias as you progress through game. If an insignia is taken to a battle, it doubles your mission AP reward. Two of them means x4 AP for any mission.

Quote from: slempi on July 13, 2020, 04:15:12 amThis mod seems pretty good, it's a real shame I can only use 4 party members in battles. Makes building and grinding your entire party a lot more tedious and slow. I would definitely play this mod, if I could use 6 members instead.
I created FFTA:Revisited after my other mod MissionItemFix, which makes the story missions give awesome rewards. To balance this I make the story missions harder.

I did the same thing to side-missions. The Tourney battles, Shadow clan, and other end game missions are more difficult. I tried to balance the remaining side-missions, but it was taking too long. There just aren't that many unique enemy combinations to spread across 100 or so side-missions, you will see repetitions even if I put a lot of time into it.
So, I took Eternal's idea from FFTA:GG and reduced the party member count. The enemies are easy but you don't have a full party. Difficulty increased moderately and it saved me a lot of time.

If any side mission is a bit difficult, then just try after sometime. The enemy levels do not change.
For example, Prof in Trouble. It was already notorious for being difficult in the base game because:
---Undead with Drain-Touch are quite challenging early game
---On top of that you had keep Auggie alive, else you fail the mission
In this mod, however, Auggie is more than capable of defeating them, it's you who must survive long enough.

rrs_kai

July 13, 2020, 10:02:59 am #94 Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 02:18:50 pm by rrs_kai
double posted by mistake
Edit: Could a mod please delete this post

SqueakyChair

Hello rrs_kai! I've been a fan of FFTA Revisited for a while. I wanted to comment here earlier but I didn't want to necro-post since this thread was last active mid last year. Since you're back now I wanna take the opportunity to give my opinion  :mrgreen:

Compared to the other FFTA hacks I've seen here, Revisited is my favourite because you tried to keep your overhauls constrained to the basics and not change the original content or add too many new things into it. I'm okay with the stat rebalancing and skills reshuffling, but adding new skills or jobs is not what I'm looking for. I'm also intrigued with your races stat overhaul, it's now clearer to me what their strengths and weaknesses are and it provides a good base to start rebalancing stuff.

If you got time, can you explain a bit your design philosophies and objectives with this mod as per the latest version?

Now, on to my wishlist: I wonder if it's possible for you to create a version of this mod without the Mission Item Fix hardcoded into it? I loved the rest of the mod but I still want the quest item mechanics to be in the game, otherwise the mission system feels too lackluster and drains my interest in playing. I don't mind having to consult gamefaqs now and then to ensure I'm getting what I need, it gives me the oldschool vibes playing this way. I also like the item management aspect of it all and feeling a bit like walking on eggshells with it.

Specifically, I wish for a version without this part of the Item Fix:

QuoteFFTA : Mission Item Fix 1.0a
---Purpose---
-Removes most surplus quest items so as to allow 100% mission completion (300).
-Most every mission now gives two rewards (while you can't get 99, you do get a handful).

All the other fixes and improvements I agree with. I also like the increased difficulty you did so far, and I hope the removal of the Item Fix will not affect the difficulty level too much.

So, would this be possible to detach that part of the code from the main mod? Can it be made modular and loaded separately, or is it integral to your overall design philosophy for this mod?

Last time I played around with your hack, I tweaked it a bit to my tastes. I hope you don't mind  ;)  I include what I did down here so you can see what I'm looking for.

QuoteFFTA Hacking to Suit My Own Tastes - A To-Do List (1st Jan 2020 update)

1. Patch Engine Hacks
2. Patch FFTA Revisited 1.0 onto FFTA (USA)
3. Patch Item Fix onto FFTA Revisited to reverse most of the included Item Fix changes
4. Go through the mission data using Nightmare modules to make sure the missions are back to original properly
5. Add back Goblin & Thundrake into certain random clans
6. Increase main missions AP rewards
7. Increase the power of potions (basic potion too weak right now)(still couldn't figure this out)
8. Include minor level and item unlock hacks from FFTA AIO app
9. Patch Stealable Shoes
10. Raise level cap
11. Patch Busy Loop Remover
12. Cheat Cinquedea in when starting a New Game (I'm going to grind them anyway so might as well use cheats and save time)

In any case, I very much appreciate and admire your efforts in making and updating this hack. Stay healthy and safe. Thank you for your time.

rrs_kai

Quote from: SqueakyChair on July 13, 2020, 01:19:58 pmIf you got time, can you explain a bit your design philosophies and objectives with this mod as per the latest version?
I have one: To make it better than the base game. Aim is Better, not Different.

Quote from: SqueakyChair on July 13, 2020, 01:19:58 pmpossible for you to create a version of this mod without the Mission Item Fix hardcoded into it?
ItemFix came first and Revisited was built on top. It would take a lot of effort to undo, I do not advise you try the endeavor.

Quote from: SqueakyChair on July 13, 2020, 01:19:58 pmor is it integral to your overall design philosophy
Not really. I just made the ItemFix because I had an issue with the base game's inventory management; it's very easy to mess up. Because ItemFix is an improvement, it stayed.

Quote from: SqueakyChair on July 13, 2020, 01:19:58 pmI also like the increased difficulty
The next update is the one for difficulty and boss fights.

Quote from: SqueakyChair on July 13, 2020, 01:19:58 pmI tweaked it a bit to my tastes. I hope you don't mind  ;)
This is what hacking is all about. Hope you could implement your changes.

Quote from: SqueakyChair on July 13, 2020, 01:19:58 pmFFTA Hacking to Suit My Own Tastes - A To-Do List (1st Jan 2020 update)
1. 1.06 had them; 1.061 removed; they will back with the next update. Leonarth fixed a bug found by Mobo.
2. I advise you to use the latest version. 1.0 is too old and I plant to remove it soon.
3. Too tedious.
4. Again, I advise you not to attempt this endeavor.
5. A Thundrake is in Roda Dragons and a Goblin is in Antlions.
6. They are already twice or more then base game. And they go even higher. You also get 2x insignia, which means 4x AP.
7. Nice suggestion, I do not how to implement it.
8. Level scaling is present as an optional patch.
9. 1.06 had it; 1.061 does not; the next update will have it.
10. Raising level cap only increased the grinding. Instead I chose to increase HP growths.
11. I did not notice improvement. Correct me if it is significant.
12. Famfirt gives you a Cinquedea. Just hold out on the "Wanted! Diaghilev Godeye" mission.

Thanks a lot for playing, your review and your time. Much appreciated :D

Leonarth

Quote11. Patch Busy Loop Remover
Quote11. I did not notice improvement. Correct me if it is significant.
Many emulators know to skip busy loops, not all do, though.
Either way, it does not do any damage to have it, and it saves battery (and to a small extent hardware lifespan) when playing on a real GBA, which some of us do. Either way, it's included in the engine hacks, unless you go out of your way to remove it.

slempi

July 13, 2020, 05:28:50 pm #98 Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 05:47:11 pm by slempi
Quote from: rrs_kai on July 13, 2020, 09:46:12 amI created FFTA:Revisited after my other mod MissionItemFix, which makes the story missions give awesome rewards. To balance this I make the story missions harder.

I did the same thing to side-missions. The Tourney battles, Shadow clan, and other end game missions are more difficult. I tried to balance the remaining side-missions, but it was taking too long. There just aren't that many unique enemy combinations to spread across 100 or so side-missions, you will see repetitions even if I put a lot of time into it.
So, I took Eternal's idea from FFTA:GG and reduced the party member count. The enemies are easy but you don't have a full party. Difficulty increased moderately and it saved me a lot of time.

If any side mission is a bit difficult, then just try after sometime. The enemy levels do not change.
For example, Prof in Trouble. It was already notorious for being difficult in the base game because:
---Undead with Drain-Touch are quite challenging early game
---On top of that you had keep Auggie alive, else you fail the mission
In this mod, however, Auggie is more than capable of defeating them, it's you who must survive long enough.

Okay, I understand. I decided to give it a try, and I am liking it so far. Montblanc has never been one of my strongest characters before... will give some feedback if you want after I've gotten further.

I decided to opt for the level scaling version though, so they will in fact level with me!

PowerOfKaishin

Playing this now. I'll keep going despite it being in development. It's noticeably harder than the original, which is nice.

I can't find a full changelog though. The google drive only goes back to 1.05.

Also, what if all growths were static and independent of class? That way you don't have to worry about screwing characters up and can play much more freely, especially with someone like Marche who still has the issue of not being dispatchable and so he gains growths in things you don't want him to gain growths in.