• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 07:02:22 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Sprite replacement and impact on events [solved]

Started by yamish, March 03, 2020, 06:04:41 pm

yamish

March 03, 2020, 06:04:41 pm Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 12:05:40 pm by yamish
I replaced 16:Mustadio with another sprite. I changed (i thought) all 16:Mustadio sprites in entd with 22:Mustadio.

Besrodio (or whatever musty's dad's name is) Saved event plays. My mustadio is changing between rudvich and discolored mustadio evtchr sprites. Mustadio auto joins party as guest and is unusable.

Back to entd, notice there are multiple places where mustadio joins after event and I missed 1. Changed this to 22:Mustadio. Which I BELIEVE will solve the rudvich/musty sprite cycle problem.

My question is, given unit ids are the same as sprite, do i need to go into the event and find id 16 and change it to 22, or were both issues related to sprite mismatch in entd? I've seen sprite cycling like this before, but never the weird auto join as guest without the join prompt.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
  • Discord username: riggz raggz

Nyzer

All guests join the party without a prompt. And yes, you'd have to change those IDs to match.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

yamish

Cool thanks. And the weird behavior was that he wasn't set as guest, screen would do the fading like the prompt-to-join window was going to pop up, but it never did. Screen just unfaded then i had unusable permaguest mustadio.

Just clarifying more in case anybody else sees this behavior.

yamish

I'm necroing this because I'm finally able to get back on it after a year off and still having an issue.

Ok so all of mustadio's sprite 16 were changed to sprite 22 in entd in fftpatcher.

I changed all the events with his id of x16 to x22.

In the goug story battle, mustadio speaks but his sprite is off screen somewhere. Now is an unanimated rudvich during the event afterwards where mustadio reveals he has the stone. Screen fades and unfades. No prompt to join, mustadio not in formation screen afterwards.

Is there something going wonky because mustadio's job in those events is job 16 rather than 22? I should note that i didn't realize until a test playthrough that I DID NOT make the jobs' skillsets match, so perhaps that's it.

Nyzer

yamish

edit: posted same screenshot twice the first time

Nyzer

Look at the Unit ID fields for those entries.

I think in your previous post, I got the wrong idea from what you were saying - it sounded like you said you'd changed the unit IDs to match the sprite IDs. Instead, you're saying you think the sprite ID and the unit ID are the same thing? They aren't, not eventwise. Unit ID in the ENTD is what event commands use.

It's basically just as Elric said in Discord a couple hours ago when he pinged you.

yamish

Yes i had erroneously drawn the conclusion that unit id in events was tied to sprite id and managed to overlook unit id's existence in the patcher.

Thanks for yalls help.