• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:30:59 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Troubleshooting FFTPatcher! (Post all FFTPatcher questions here!)

Started by RavenOfRazgriz, December 10, 2012, 01:31:47 pm

Nyzer

• Modding version: Other/Unknown

Glain

Quote from: Elric on August 27, 2018, 12:17:39 am
In .492, under other images, if you go down to Dragon on Unit.bin, it doesn't give the 4th palette which is used for Reis in dragon form.

Normal EVGRP doesnt have this either, it can currently only be seen in the Japanese version of EVGRP which is in the japanese programs set.

Didn't notice this somehow.  The 4th palette is stored way out of order in the file, making this cumbersome to deal with.  I added another entry "Holy Dragon" two entries down from Dragon that points to the same graphic but with the purple palette.  Here's an EXE with the update.

pro00798

Nyzer

It can help a little, or a lot, if we know what the exact error message is.

pro00798

Nyzer

Whatever your file is that you're trying to apply your patch to isn't a recognizable ISO of the PSP version of WotL. Acquire a fresh US PSP ISO and try again with it instead.

pro00798

Quote from: Nyzer on October 29, 2018, 08:27:35 pm
Whatever your file is that you're trying to apply your patch to isn't a recognizable ISO of the PSP version of WotL. Acquire a fresh US PSP ISO and try again with it instead.

each fresh iso can apply 1 patch or 2 more ?

Nyzer

You can patch the same ISO over & over with Patcher... IF it's a good ISO to start with.

Reddy

I'm having some issues remaking skills, I'm trying to make a skill like Divine Ruination in the Rend Power slot, I checked everything that Divine Ruination have, still when my character cast the skill, the damage is dealt two times, first on the sword slash animation then after the skill animation, is it a known bug or I can't hard edit skills like that?

• Modding version: PSX & WotL

Nyzer

I know it's a display (the damage isn't actually done twice) bug that affects some skills in Jot5 Ch. 1. But I don't think it should apply here... do you have everything matching in the Animations tab, too?

Reddy

Yes, both has the same values, I will try to find another unused skill on my patch and try to change it, maybe its just how the power break Works. Ill post the results.

Edit 1: when I use no animations it will display only the first hit on the weapon strike.
Edit 2: I assume the problem is that every skill has a unchangeable animation, I tried with "plunder gil",  after copying every single atributes from "Divine Ruination" the animation still shows the little "dash" of steal skills, but this time there was no double damage display.
Edit 3: Works well with "shout", my problem is solve (kinda).

I'm editing the WoTL PAL iso, idk if that's the problem.

BTW do you mind telling me how the reaction skills work? If i set "Parry" as Innate and equip another skill that triggers with physical atacks, both will be calculed? 

Raijinili

The Steal and Rend skills are at least somewhat hardcoded. Maybe they're also hardcoded in animation.

Innate reactions overrides set reactions. More info: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=1288.0

Nyzer

Don't set Parry to Innate. Doesn't work like that.

What ends up happening with an innate Reaction is it gets slapped on, unequipping your equipped reaction, as soon as you enter a battle.

Reddy

Pesmerga313

This may be a dumb question but when editing battles in the ENTD tab of FFTP, how do you get the changes made to actually apply to the game? Every other tab I've messed around with seems to work just fine so far, so I'm probably missing something obvious but I've been tinkering with it for days now and can't seem to make anything happen with it. I'm currently attempting to make changes to the PSP version, if that makes a difference.

Nyzer

Gonna have to be a lot more specific.

The best guess I can give you right now is that you're modding the wrong ENTD.

Pesmerga313

Sorry about that. After posting this, I went back to tinkering around and just as I was about to call it a night, I figured it out. I was editing the correct ENTDs but this entire time, I was "patching" my game using exclusively CWCheats, not realizing that there were 'Patch ISO...' and 'Patch War of the Lions ISO...' options in the PSX and PSP dropdown menus, respectively. Seems that while just about every other tab can be patched with both CWCheat and the dropdown menu, ENTD can *only* be patched in the dropdown menu.

In case you were still curious as to what I was trying to do specifically, I was trying to adjust the enemy levels in story battles to prevent myself from becoming OP too early. Then I ran into the issue where if I left each enemy's gear as <Random>, if would generate level-appropriate gear for them, making them significantly more powerful than my team. That means I'm gonna have to go in and adjust each individual enemy's individual pieces of gear (except where it's already done) in order to keep Treasure Hunter (Move-Find Item) and shops relevant. On top of that, I was going to adjust the shops' inventories so that they updated one event later than normal, meaning I'm gonna have to adjust each individual item, too. I'm willing to do it all but man, it's gonna be a while. Lol!

Nizea

Greetings, all.

I've read some things about animations in this thread, but it all seems to be about difficulties with the results of editing animations.  By contrast, when I select the animations tab in 4.92, I get no checkboxes at all. This does not occur using the same images in 4.83. I've tried several of my patched US-NTSC .BIN images, a clean .BIN, and the read-only .IMG I keep as a default reference.

Has anyone else run into this, or have some idea of where the problem may lie?
  • Modding version: PSX
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who know binary, and those who don't.

Nyzer

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on January 23, 2012, 03:07:40 pm
You don't want to use the Checkboxes.  Why Melonhead even has those there, I have no fucking idea.

Probably deliberately removed.

Nizea

Ah, okay.  Thanks, Nyzer.

I did find the checkboxes convenient, but I can do it manually.  Indeed, I typically do a bit of both.
Or I could just reopen in 4.83 for animations tweaking...
Time will tell!
  • Modding version: PSX
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who know binary, and those who don't.