• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 07:17:40 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

[Old] FFT: Plus Chat/discussion topic

Started by Dome, July 29, 2011, 07:26:52 pm

Dome

Welcome to FFH, where all your dreams come true, shoruke!
You might want to post an intro topic in the Intro section but don't worry, it's not necessary
Yes, this is the right topic :-)

Now...
Quote-I like what you've done with Summoners. They're kinda sub-par against monsters, but decent against humans (and ghosts). (Trying to use them in the Araguay Woods story fight was a nightmare. "Geez, the summoners aren't doing much damage, I should try somethOH GOODNESS THAT'S A LOT OF DAMAGE")

Eheh, I know...summoner damage is not that high
But the best thing about them is that they can completely avoid the battle and stay away from the fight, while dishing out damage. They are also great to counter revival-chains
Quote-I get that monsters have been beefed up a lot, but it's just not the SAME using a character that doesn't use the job system, you know? Still, it breathes new life into the game when I actually have to worry a bit about the random enemies wrecking my schist. That pack of Juravises on Barius Hill totally got me, snipe-and-run self-haste-regenning group-healing punks...

Well,  the ability to custom your units is great, but monsters have high stats.
The best way to use them is to make a team of 5 units and see if some of them can be swapped with a monster (Monk - > Goblin, Archer - > Bird, and so on). Also, they are a great way to fill the roster with good units without having to spend money (You gain less money from each battle in FFT: Plus)
Quote- The Guest units could use some AI tweaking, I think, except Princess Ovelia. YES, Delita, it's okay to use your sword instead of Dash sometimes. YES, Algus, you may participate in the fight even though I hate your guts. YES, Boco, it's okay, you can come out of the corner and help now. No, seriously, Boco, you can come help. BOCO GET OVER HERE ALREADY THERE'S ONLY TWO LEFT and my Oracle could use some healing Sad

Guests...learn to hate them. I can't say anything else >_>
Quote-Oracles are useful? Counter Flood is worth having? Yay!

:-)
Quote-Is it just me, or are monks pretty much worthless now? I never really got into the whole Two-fisted-monk-god thing with vanilla, but I hear they've been powered down for this version, and it really shows in the early game. I gave people knives to use when I was working on unlocking classes, because frankly they were better than fists. Plus, the monk's ability list has always seemed somewhat barren to me... maybe we could give them some analogue of Far Fist from FFTA, or a status buff of some kind? (Regen, haste, shell, that kind of thing...)

Monks are tricky to balance
Their fist (And damage skills) use PA twice in the damage formula, so they work well with boosting items
They can also use Accumulate (A skill unique to them) to boost it and dish out good damage
Also, they can equip martial arts to boost damage, and healing (Chakra)
Last, but not least, some of their skills are elemental now, and they can be boosted by some items
Quote-At Fort Zeakden, the priests that were changed into thieves were still referred to as priests in the dialogue. It was kinda weird...

Thanks for reporting this typo :-)
Quote-The mediators' terrible hit rate for their skills makes them unusable. Most of the skills fall under "it would be good if it was reliable enough to bother with, but it isn't". The worst example is Warn, which the AI seems to think is a usable maneuver. 25% chance to give an ally one defensive buff? Look out, ladies and gentlemen.

Lol xD
Actually, is 25% to inflict each status, so it's not useless as it may look
Quote-The sage's Flarega skill description says it only targets enemies? It doesn't just target enemies. Not that that's going to stop me from using it a lot, because hot damn that is a lot of damage.

Another typo, thanks again for reporting it :-)

QuoteAll in all, I like the patch, though.

That's the most important thing :-)

Thanks A LOT for the post you made...each post like that helps FFT: Plus becoming a better patch!

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

shoruke

Wait, the Martial Arts skill increases damage for monks, too? I'm used to Martial Arts making it so that non-monks have the same bare-fisted damage as monks, but I guess I just didn't re-read the description. XD

Also, I had a typo when I corrected one of your typos. It wasn't Fort Zeakden where priests were changed into thieves, it was the Thieves' Fort, in the first battle against Miluda. (Finagle's Law strikes again.)

Dome

Ok, thanks :-)
Lol @ typo in the typo report xd

shoruke

December 13, 2011, 09:38:05 pm #143 Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 01:32:55 am by shoruke
One of the archers at the entrance to Lionel castle just doesn't have this whole ambush thing figured out at all. He waited, perfectly still, for three turns. He even had people within shooting range at the start of two of them, but he just waited.
Agrias had that problem too, back when she was a guest character...
What does Esunaga do that regular Esuna doesn't? It costs two points less and... has no AoE? Seems somewhat backwards, I'd have thought a spell named Esunaga would cost more and have MORE AoE than the basic version...

And yeah, Queklain was a serious bitch... after doing 600 damage and he's not even in critical yet, I was like "...Goddamn." How much health did he have in total? I think it was OVER ONE THOUSAND!!!! At level 20.
Had an epic finish to the fight though. Pinned him in the corner (three different corners, over the course of the fight), stole three summoners worth of magic from him and all of his brave and spammed attacks at him from my thief and ninja while Ramza dumps the very bitter last of my Ethers onto one of my sages, fighting to keep the party from slowly dying of zombie & poison and confusion... Manage to fire off one last Flarega, there's no more mp anywhere so it's the last spell of the match, he doesn't die, kills the sage in return, and then the ninja finished him off, protect be damned.

Naturally, N-Kai Armlets become available for purchase IMMEDIATELY AFTER that fight. *sigh*

EDIT: Orbonne!Wiegraf now lacks Maintenance and has less friends to back him up? Well, I think some public nudity is in order. That'll learn him for being such a jerk back at that windmill.

And I can't tell if Flarega is broken, or if it's just that pimping out two casters with MA+ gear and Quick Charge and supporting them with Angel Song would make them broken with any magic skillset... I managed to kill Izlude in one turn, heh.

Dome

Ugh, I'm VERY sleepy right now...
Thanks for the reports, I'll make a proper response once I'm fully awake >_>

TTamaki

Hello!
First off, great job on this patch, I've been enjoying it very much  :D
Second, what are the job requirements for the performer (bard/dancer)? I couldn't find the answer anywhere here =\
Also, are the mime requirements the same as vanilla?

shoruke

December 17, 2011, 01:06:56 am #146 Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 11:42:26 pm by shoruke
I can't remember the exact requirements for Performer, but I think you need 3 in Geomancer and Lancer, and 5 in Mediator. It was something like that.
Mime needs 3 in pretty much every class except ninja... you don't need the level 8 in squire or chemist, which is kinda nice.
You can check the job requirements if you have FFTPatcher, you can load your modded .iso file into it and check the job requirements from there.

Dome

Quote from: TTamaki on December 16, 2011, 11:03:07 pm
Hello!
First off, great job on this patch, I've been enjoying it very much  :D
Second, what are the job requirements for the performer (bard/dancer)? I couldn't find the answer anywhere here =\
Also, are the mime requirements the same as vanilla?

2 Samurai, 5 mediator ;-)

TTamaki

Quote from: Dome on December 17, 2011, 03:00:46 am
2 Samurai, 5 mediator ;-)

Ah thanks. I was training random classes trying to find it, until I decided to ask. Of course mediator was level 1  :lol:

Dome

You are welcome :-)
Feel free to ask whatever you want about FFT: Plus

RolandSDMF

Any specific reason Dragons were made unavailable until Chapter 4?

Dome

Quote from: RolandSDMF on December 22, 2011, 06:14:10 pm
Any specific reason Dragons were made unavailable until Chapter 4?

Not really xD
But they are very strong, so they are worth the wait xD

TTamaki

Another question: is learning ultima any different from vanilla? Ramza isn't learning it after surviving a hit ><

shoruke

Tip: If you have to choose between the Ice Brand, the Coral Sword, and the Blazing Sword, go for the Blazing Sword.
Why? Well, the corresponding elementals spells emphasize Area of Effect, Casting Speed, and Damage respectively. So when choosing which one to put into your always-single-tile, always-instant sword, go for the one with more damage.

If you're going to be having your casters hit people with sticks, this goes same for the elemental rods, although those have the additional benefit of boosting one of your elemental spells, so... *shrug*

Dynablade

Trying to get a ninja, are the charts different in this?

http://imgur.com/fZ5GB

3 archer, 4 thief, 2 geomancer?

Dome

Quote from: TTamaki on December 26, 2011, 10:11:49 pm
Another question: is learning ultima any different from vanilla? Ramza isn't learning it after surviving a hit ><

Be sure to be in his base job to learn the skill after being hit, (And you must be damaged to learn it, so no atheist status)

Quote from: shoruke on December 26, 2011, 10:30:54 pm
Tip: If you have to choose between the Ice Brand, the Coral Sword, and the Blazing Sword, go for the Blazing Sword.
Why? Well, the corresponding elementals spells emphasize Area of Effect, Casting Speed, and Damage respectively. So when choosing which one to put into your always-single-tile, always-instant sword, go for the one with more damage.

If you're going to be having your casters hit people with sticks, this goes same for the elemental rods, although those have the additional benefit of boosting one of your elemental spells, so... *shrug*

Thanks for pointing out, guess I'll have to do something about it xD

Quote from: Dynablade on December 26, 2011, 11:05:26 pm
Trying to get a ninja, are the charts different in this?

http://imgur.com/fZ5GB

3 archer, 4 thief, 2 geomancer?

3 Archer 3 Thief 3 Geomancer

Dynablade

December 27, 2011, 12:05:53 pm #156 Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 12:45:10 pm by Dynablade
Awesome, thanks bro. Great hack thus far, and I'm barely into Ch.2.
Just got a Sage, and flipping out that Dark Holy is a skill you can use now! Always marveled at how powerful it was in the original, can't wait to show some demons who's boss.

WOW. Are Molbol's weak to darkness? Because my Sage just hit one for 156! Now she easily has the highest damage output, even if the spell costs 20MP, which is kinda hefty at this level where she only has a max of 77MP. Still, amazing. At Goug now, gonna see if she can one shot more things.

TTamaki

I'm an idiot  :cry:
I switched Ramza to a heretic beforehand, but forgot to save after that change. I had to go do something, and after reloading it I did not even realize Ramza was still a samurai ><
Thanks though! I now have Ultima  :D

Dome

Quote from: Dynablade on December 27, 2011, 12:05:53 pm
Awesome, thanks bro. Great hack thus far, and I'm barely into Ch.2.
Just got a Sage, and flipping out that Dark Holy is a skill you can use now! Always marveled at how powerful it was in the original, can't wait to show some demons who's boss.

WOW. Are Molbol's weak to darkness? Because my Sage just hit one for 156! Now she easily has the highest damage output, even if the spell costs 20MP, which is kinda hefty at this level where she only has a max of 77MP. Still, amazing. At Goug now, gonna see if she can one shot more things.

Well, they are not weak to darkness...it's just that you grinded so much and got that skill earlier than you should...so you roflstomp stuff xD
Quote from: TTamaki on December 27, 2011, 02:58:23 pm
I'm an idiot  :cry:
I switched Ramza to a heretic beforehand, but forgot to save after that change. I had to go do something, and after reloading it I did not even realize Ramza was still a samurai ><
Thanks though! I now have Ultima  :D

Eheh, don't worry...I'm here to help XD

Dynablade

Also, damn Boco is good now, he was the main reason Quecklain went down so easily. Choco Esuna > Decay. Innate Protect? So what, Choco Meteor. Great speed too. Was going to replace him with Agrias, but that decision has become much harder.