• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 07:46:09 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

[Old] FFT: Plus Chat/discussion topic

Started by Dome, July 29, 2011, 07:26:52 pm

Dome

Quote from: Luc on September 12, 2011, 01:09:05 am
I'm very excited about this mod, as 1.3 is just a bit too hardcore haha.
One thing I suggest is that you completely re-work the skills of the Archer. Charge just straight up blows!
Maybe skills that target specific spots and cause dmg + status ailments? (for example Target Leg would cause the status effect Don't Move, or a Poison Arrow, or Fire Arrow that would deal half normal dmg and have a chance at also casting Fire on the target). I would also suggest a modification to allow the purchase of the weakest bow at igros castle as otherwise one cannot be obtained for quite some time effectively making the job useless.

Also, I don't know if you did already but adding the bonus jobs from the psp version would be cool too.

Well, at first I wanted to change the "Archer" class into the "Ranger" class, with skills focused on status and monsters...but people rejected the idea
Charge does not suck: Try it with short charge ;-)

About the bonus jobs...it's not possible (For now) to add them...but 2 onion knights and a red mage join you at the beginning of Ch2 :-)

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Luc

Quote from: Dome on September 12, 2011, 03:34:21 am
Well, at first I wanted to change the "Archer" class into the "Ranger" class, with skills focused on status and monsters...but people rejected the idea
Charge does not suck: Try it with short charge ;-)

About the bonus jobs...it's not possible (For now) to add them...but 2 onion knights and a red mage join you at the beginning of Ch2 :-)

ok well then what about keeping like charge 1 and charge 10, and then changing all the other skills to status type moves that way the skills arent all just charges

hmmm FFT 1.3 adds them? Maybe Voldemort will share his knowledge of how.

Also after playing a bit, I think you do need to tweak down the ch. 1 random mobs, they are a wee bit overpowered since your armor blows and at that point you have no skills haha.

Dome

Quote from: Luc on September 12, 2011, 04:20:41 am
ok well then what about keeping like charge 1 and charge 10, and then changing all the other skills to status type moves that way the skills arent all just charges

hmmm FFT 1.3 adds them? Maybe Voldemort will share his knowledge of how.

Also after playing a bit, I think you do need to tweak down the ch. 1 random mobs, they are a wee bit overpowered since your armor blows and at that point you have no skills haha.

Don't worry, next release already fixes the ch1 randoms issue
1.3 does not add them, just make a special character with that class join you

Luc

i think staffs should add +mp -- cause otherwise, why would you use them on say a priest over choosing a knife?

Dome

Quote from: Luc on September 12, 2011, 05:55:13 am
i think staffs should add +mp -- cause otherwise, why would you use them on say a priest over choosing a knife?

Have you tried all staves?

Luc

Quote from: Dome on September 12, 2011, 06:14:48 am
Have you tried all staves?

haha admittedly no, I just got to dortar trade city and saw the first one in the fitting room and was like "hmmm"

Dome

Quote from: Luc on September 12, 2011, 06:18:53 am
haha admittedly no, I just got to dortar trade city and saw the first one in the fitting room and was like "hmmm"

:-)

Lockeadon

is this for both version's or only the psx?

Dome

Quote from: Lockeadon on September 28, 2011, 10:34:20 pm
is this for both version's or only the psx?

Sadly, only for the PSX version
I dislike the psp version because of the script and the slowdown

Lockeadon

i've have to burn a copy because this (and some of the other patches) looks really cool!

Dome

Soon, version 1.01 will be released (I suggest you to wait for that)

Xenogears

I just got done playing through the patch (first release) and I have to say it was awesome! Loved the balance and the added difficulty. I felt a sense of accomplishment after the game was over with. Here are a few of my own comments/questions to along with that:

- Altima fight was a bit of a letdown, as I noticed at least one other person mentioned in the forum. Alma being a mini-God was fun though, and she was definitely useful this time around! I'm not sure if you buffed the fight in the new patch, but thought I would comment about it.

- The Vormav extra fight (which I guess was included from 1.3?) was awesome, and I'm surprised extra fights like that weren't done before (maybe they couldn't be?).

- If I patched a fresh .ISO and loaded up an old save, would that save be impacted by 1.01? Or will it only function as a 1.00 file? AKA would I need to start a new game if I wanted to take advantage of the changes?

- What application do you use to record your videos? I've been inspired to record some battles but haven't been able to find a suitable application.

All-in-all, great patch. I'm excited to try out 1.01.

Dome

October 15, 2011, 03:03:46 am #132 Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 03:06:02 am by Dome
Thanks a lot for the feedbacks!
Now...

Quote from: Xenogears on October 15, 2011, 12:06:15 am
- Altima fight was a bit of a letdown, as I noticed at least one other person mentioned in the forum. Alma being a mini-God was fun though, and she was definitely useful this time around! I'm not sure if you buffed the fight in the new patch, but thought I would comment about it.

- Yeah, Altima got a buff in 1.01 (More abilities)

- The Vormav extra fight (which I guess was included from 1.3?) was awesome, and I'm surprised extra fights like that weren't done before (maybe they couldn't be?).

- Yeah, something LD made for 1.3

- If I patched a fresh .ISO and loaded up an old save, would that save be impacted by 1.01? Or will it only function as a 1.00 file? AKA would I need to start a new game if I wanted to take advantage of the changes?

- No, you can load a 1.00 file with the 1.01 patch (But not a vanilla one)

- What application do you use to record your videos? I've been inspired to record some battles but haven't been able to find a suitable application.

- Camtasia Studio (Works great, but if the recording goes over 55 minutes the sounds messes up)

All-in-all, great patch. I'm excited to try out 1.01.

You made my day :-)

P.s: Cool nick and avatar

Xenogears

Liking the small changes so far. One thing I noticed from the first release, not sure if it has been addressed yet: Counter Flood (through the Squidlarkin family) is triggered even if Aquabreak is used on an ally to heal. Not sure if it can be changed at all but it is funny to see a monster try to help only to get countered and hurt in the process.

Dome

Quote from: Xenogears on October 20, 2011, 10:46:32 pm
Liking the small changes so far. One thing I noticed from the first release, not sure if it has been addressed yet: Counter Flood (through the Squidlarkin family) is triggered even if Aquabreak is used on an ally to heal. Not sure if it can be changed at all but it is funny to see a monster try to help only to get countered and hurt in the process.

Good point, thanks for the report

Xenogears

I remember what else I noticed too. Dispel (any kind) doesn't seem to dispel, but instead inflicts Darkness and Poison. This is as of 1.01 too.

Dome

Thanks
But this should go in the "Bug report" xD
P.s: Can you list all the "dispel" spells, please?

Xenogears

Oops! Sorry, didn't notice the bug report list down there. I'll get together a list of abilities for that topic.

Dome

shoruke

(New to the forum, first post, woo, hope this is the right thread, etc.)

I've played up to Golgorand Execution Site so far, and I've got some thoughts. Sorry if they're disorganized.
-I like what you've done with Summoners. They're kinda sub-par against monsters, but decent against humans (and ghosts). (Trying to use them in the Araguay Woods story fight was a nightmare. "Geez, the summoners aren't doing much damage, I should try somethOH GOODNESS THAT'S A LOT OF DAMAGE")
-I get that monsters have been beefed up a lot, but it's just not the SAME using a character that doesn't use the job system, you know? Still, it breathes new life into the game when I actually have to worry a bit about the random enemies wrecking my schist. That pack of Juravises on Barius Hill totally got me, snipe-and-run self-haste-regenning group-healing punks...
-The Guest units could use some AI tweaking, I think, except Princess Ovelia. YES, Delita, it's okay to use your sword instead of Dash sometimes. YES, Algus, you may participate in the fight even though I hate your guts. YES, Boco, it's okay, you can come out of the corner and help now. No, seriously, Boco, you can come help. BOCO GET OVER HERE ALREADY THERE'S ONLY TWO LEFT and my Oracle could use some healing :(
-Oracles are useful? Counter Flood is worth having? Yay!
-Is it just me, or are monks pretty much worthless now? I never really got into the whole Two-fisted-monk-god thing with vanilla, but I hear they've been powered down for this version, and it really shows in the early game. I gave people knives to use when I was working on unlocking classes, because frankly they were better than fists. Plus, the monk's ability list has always seemed somewhat barren to me... maybe we could give them some analogue of Far Fist from FFTA, or a status buff of some kind? (Regen, haste, shell, that kind of thing...)
-At Fort Zeakden, the priests that were changed into thieves were still referred to as priests in the dialogue. It was kinda weird...
-The mediators' terrible hit rate for their skills makes them unusable. Most of the skills fall under "it would be good if it was reliable enough to bother with, but it isn't". The worst example is Warn, which the AI seems to think is a usable maneuver. 25% chance to give an ally one defensive buff? Look out, ladies and gentlemen.
-The sage's Flarega skill description says it only targets enemies? It doesn't just target enemies. Not that that's going to stop me from using it a lot, because hot damn that is a lot of damage.

All in all, I like the patch, though.