• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

[Old] FFT: Plus Chat/discussion topic

Started by Dome, July 29, 2011, 07:26:52 pm

Dome

September 05, 2011, 03:32:30 pm #100 Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 03:33:46 pm by Dome
-Squires being inferior to knights by use of armor and shields
Squires can resurrect, Increase PA, heal (With regen) can cure statuses and can equip crossbows

-chemist being inferior to priest by inferior ability to reborn and no ability to provide boost
Are you sure they are inferior? Instant, fixed (So, not faith dependant) healing? Elixir?

-mediators having low odd abilities (something i know you touched on) and nice but 'bland' abilities
Well, they are not bad, the skill % can be boosted by "Precision" and they can inflict statuses without using mp and again, not faith dependant. Also, they can equip guns

-geomancers ranged attacks inferior to wave fist, earth slash and throws by ninja
Sorry, but I must flat-out disagree with this one...AoE, status, instant magical (Unevadable) damage...Geomancers are awesome

-thieves good for steal heart but that wasn't enough to make the class effective
They can reduce Br (Useful against bosses) steal mp and they are the only way to get good equipment before the time you would be able to buy it in stores (In FFT: Plus you gain less money and human units never turns into boxes). Last, but not least, thieves have innate concentrate

Balancing is an hard matter, and it's the result of MANY aspects, not just one :-)

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

wemustexpandordie

September 05, 2011, 05:09:27 pm #101 Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 06:41:18 pm by wemustexpandordie
I'm sorry on that last note, this stuff is comming from before your patch, anyways yea what you said is agreed.

But anyways just presenting my little movement modification. for your posible reference.

Stretch

September 05, 2011, 05:38:22 pm #102 Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 05:46:16 pm by Stretch
I just put Martial Arts on a geomancer... it was pure murder. With 8 PA, 9 MA, (Wizard robe and Diamond Armlet), Ramza is pulling 126 damage at level 15. I love it.

EDIT: Actually, scratch that, I loaded up my FFT+ image but quickloaded a FFT Rebirth save, so that's in Rebirth. I need to test that out in Plus though!
Yeah, right

Dome

There is no martial arts in FFT: Plus xD

tophway

Really enjoying this patch, especially how much more challenging the monster enemies are.  Just finished Ch 2, barely eking out a win against Queklain; much more fun to fail a few times and have to focus on making each turn count rather than just hacking away, a change I'm finding true for many of the battles :D   I did have a very sad moment though, as I've been training a female to be a performer in the same way Id have trained her to be a dancer.  Only today did I discover on the forums that it had a very different job requirement set...oh the wasted JP XD

Stretch

Not even monks have innate Martial Arts?
Yeah, right

Dome

September 06, 2011, 04:45:51 pm #106 Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 04:55:00 pm by Dome
Martial arts is no more
It no longer exists
P.s: Zodiac battles in the next release will be much more strategic, each Zodiac has at least a custom/special skill

Amici

Have been playing a bit, love the patch, great job! However, I wanted to use some custom sprites from the site, Shishi can't seem to read the patched ISO...is there anyway to go about that?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Dome

Quote from: Amici on September 07, 2011, 04:59:39 am
Have been playing a bit, love the patch, great job! However, I wanted to use some custom sprites from the site, Shishi can't seem to read the patched ISO...is there anyway to go about that?

Rly? Strange, I can oper it with shishi just fine

Amici

I'm using the 478 version, it can't seem to open it. My ISO is an IMG. Should it be BIN/CUE?

Dome

Amici

Dome

Amici

I got it to work, finally :) I actually had a BIN/CUE untouched FFT, then patched it with FFT+. I then converted the patched BIN/CUE to ISO using Isobuster. Works good finally :)

Dome

Quote from: Amici on September 07, 2011, 09:14:39 am
I got it to work, finally :) I actually had a BIN/CUE untouched FFT, then patched it with FFT+. I then converted the patched BIN/CUE to ISO using Isobuster. Works good finally :)

Glad to know :-)
Remember to give feedback to help FFT: Plus becoming a better patch!

Eternal

September 11, 2011, 05:18:10 am #115 Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 05:57:07 am by Eternal248
I'll compile this list as I go:

-"Skills" in "Mercenary skills" needs capitalised.
-There needs to be a period after "speech" in Inspiration's description.
-"Act" in "Don't act" needs capitalized in Inspiration's description.
-The debuffs in Inspiration's description should probably have commas after each one.
-Haste's spell quote lacks an exclamation mark at the end.
-Magic Ruin's description lacks a period at the end.
-Remove the extra space in the Onion Knight's job description between "ability" and "to".
-Red Mage "Reiz"- should it be Raise?
-"Hold the line" needs capitalised, and needs a period at the end of the description.
-"orders" in "Basic orders" needs capitalized.
-Goblin Shield and Arm Thrust need "shield" and "thrust" capitalised.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

wemustexpandordie

September 11, 2011, 02:49:17 pm #116 Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 02:49:46 pm by wemustexpandordie
If you ask me it seems pointless to have both Hell knight and Heaven Knight when they can be merged. At least if you were looking to put in a new special job. I suppose you aren't, but its always nice to have a space to fill in wiht some imagination right?

I haven't made it that far in the game so i don't know what you've done with the jobs but if you haven't done much, i'd like to say.
I'd imagine both jobs would be more reliable and interesting if you removed the height tolerence of the spells, this way they have better odds of hitting their intended target multiple times. Or i guess another option would be to reduce the spells to a one square area effect and modify the odds of multiple strikes happening. Again this is without knowing if you already modified the jobs.

Dome

Quote from: wemustexpandordie on September 11, 2011, 02:49:17 pm
If you ask me it seems pointless to have both Hell knight and Heaven Knight when they can be merged. At least if you were looking to put in a new special job. I suppose you aren't, but its always nice to have a space to fill in wiht some imagination right?

I haven't made it that far in the game so i don't know what you've done with the jobs but if you haven't done much, i'd like to say.
I'd imagine both jobs would be more reliable and interesting if you removed the height tolerence of the spells, this way they have better odds of hitting their intended target multiple times. Or i guess another option would be to reduce the spells to a one square area effect and modify the odds of multiple strikes happening. Again this is without knowing if you already modified the jobs.

You should try them :-)

Rouenne

Does this patch work for the PSP version?

If so what happened to the Dark Knight class and the PSP exclusive sidequests?

Oh and another thing: what differences has Ramza's new classes Cadet, Mercenary and Heretic have regarding Vanilla and regular Squires?

Luc

September 12, 2011, 01:09:05 am #119 Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 01:21:53 am by Luc
I'm very excited about this mod, as 1.3 is just a bit too hardcore haha.
One thing I suggest is that you completely re-work the skills of the Archer. Charge just straight up blows!
Maybe skills that target specific spots and cause dmg + status ailments? (for example Target Leg would cause the status effect Don't Move, or a Poison Arrow, or Fire Arrow that would deal half normal dmg and have a chance at also casting Fire on the target). I would also suggest a modification to allow the purchase of the weakest bow at igros castle as otherwise one cannot be obtained for quite some time effectively making the job useless.

Also, I don't know if you did already but adding the bonus jobs from the psp version would be cool too.