• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

FFTA - Unused class slots

Started by rrs_kai, July 06, 2020, 04:22:54 pm

rrs_kai

Thanks for clarifying, but I did not figure out how to implement the macro.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Blunderpusse

Quote from: rrs_kai on August 17, 2020, 12:07:31 pmI did not figure out how to implement the macro
It took me several tries to actually do it (even had to leave it on hold for some day, only then did I notice I was making proper silly mistakes).

Can you show a screenshot/picture of how you're using the macro? Maybe I could see what's missing.
"You sure are a keen observer of the obvious, kupo!"

Leonarth

August 18, 2020, 06:21:15 pm #22 Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 07:15:46 pm by Leonarth
But you aren't even using the macro there!
You defined it and then ignored it, you are instead copypasting the macro's definition.

instead of doing:
Quote from: undefinedPUSH; ORG newHume+(8*1); SHORT 0x1BD 0x173 0x134; BYTE 1 5; POP
do:
Quote from: undefinedability(newHume,1,0x1BD,0x173,0x134,1,5)
The macro is there precisely to save you from repeating all of the structure over and over.

Either way, I think the part kai is having trouble with is the repointing?

Edit:
Looking at this more closely, your table won't really work.
As it's set up, it's only good for editing the existing abilities, but not for adding new ones.
Also, if your humeabilities file has 0 eights as the last entry, DO delete them! Otherwise the engine hacks will assume the table ended early.
In order to fix it:
Below your already existing macro, add this one:
#define ability(name,desc,effect,type,ap) "SHORT name desc effect; BYTE type ap"As you can see this is the same macro but without the label and index. When using the macro without setting the label or index, it will use this one instead, which is what you'll use for the new abilities past the end of the table.
For the new abilities, you want them to go between the #incbin and the BYTE 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.