• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 08:46:04 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Suggestion: Meet the Modders Post/Articles

Started by Akashachi, September 07, 2021, 04:55:01 pm

Akashachi

What do you guys think about a weekly (or monthly) post somewhere in the forums (that could also be shared on the discord) that could work like a "Meet the Modders" article style where someone from our modding community answers a couple of common questions about his story with modding in general, with FFH, and also works to showcase some of his upcoming projects?
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

3lric

Quote from: Akashachi on September 07, 2021, 04:55:01 pmWhat do you guys think about a weekly (or monthly) post somewhere in the forums (that could also be shared on the discord) that could work like a "Meet the Modders" article style where someone from our modding community answers a couple of common questions about his story with modding in general, with FFH, and also works to showcase some of his upcoming projects?

I've had people ask me if they could do this a couple times but never followed through. Would be neat. I enjoy answering questions about modding
  • Modding version: PSX

Jumza

@Akashachi if you'd be willing to conduct and compile the interviews for the posts then you should totally go for it! I'm sure it'd be awesome!
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Xifanie

I've never been asked for an interview or anything, but I know modders are the most passionate people about games there are.
When you love a game, you can appreciate it while understanding its weak points, at least from your own perspective. As in romantic love, a lot of people are infatuated with their video games, where you can't say anything negative about it, and can't even suggest any improvements. It's not very interesting to speak to such people, if I'm honest.
I'd be totally up for something like that.
While I find it appealing to start a blog for modder interviews or something, I know that most modding communities are extremely toxic and could likely lead to a lot of controversies (lies, lack of proper credit, inflation of ego, etc.)
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Akashachi

I will try to think on some ideas for a questionnaire, maybe something like a Google forms to be more easier for the interviewed person to answer those and then later post somewhere in the forums.

If anyone has suggestions of questions they would like to see answered just post here and I will keep them in consideration for the questionnaire.

The basic ones are a given like: how long you've been on the community, what other games you mod as well, biggest challenges, greatest achievement, recent projects, and closing statement.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

RetroTypes

Seeing as we're all FFT modders, at least a few questions should be about FFT I'd think lol. Perhaps, "So what about FFT made you want to start modding it?" and "What are the best and worst things about vanilla FFT, in your opinion?" can let the interviewee talk about their passion and also give insight to their design philosophies and ideals, which can lead to great discussions afterward.
  • Discord username: RetroTypes