• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 07:15:50 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Official Sprite Contest Vote! (Third Place)

Started by Cheetah, July 21, 2011, 01:37:17 pm

Choose your favorite Alma Job sprite:

Almabot 9001 (Eternal)
4 (14.8%)
Malmboro (st4rw4k3r)
1 (3.7%)
Vocaloid (RedWorld)
0 (0%)
CatMa Sith (st4rw4k3r)
0 (0%)
Failed Lap Dancer (Conman)
1 (3.7%)
Dark Alma (Kokojo)
2 (7.4%)
White Noble (Dill Fenrir)
2 (7.4%)
Cosplayer (FDC)
0 (0%)
Sheikma (Mando)
3 (11.1%)
Lucavi Hunter (Conman)
4 (14.8%)
White Cleric (Celdia)
0 (0%)
Noble Knight (Sarbs0)
0 (0%)
Warrior (Sarbs0)
2 (7.4%)
Alma Aran (Wolfran)
6 (22.2%)
YMCA (Wolfran)
1 (3.7%)
Santa Alma (Dark Lepurcan)
0 (0%)
Wizard (Dark Lepurcan)
1 (3.7%)
Dragon Warrior (Dark Lepurcan)
0 (0%)
Sexy Angel (Wiz)
0 (0%)
Red Mage (Mando)
0 (0%)
Cuddly Alma (Teddirayo)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Voting closed: July 27, 2011, 02:49:18 am

Lijj

Really? well, I know I shouldn't tell, but since you have.. I voted for Lap Dance Alma.. The cloth is perfect and the pose is good.
  • Modding version: PSX

Joseph Strife

Quote from: Lijj on July 22, 2011, 06:38:58 am
I voted for Lap Dance Alma.. The cloth is perfect and the pose is good.

Same here!
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

Wolfran

That Dragon Warrior had a lot of potential but I think with more hard work it could win this contest.
Welcome to FFH were you can do things like...

Xifanie

July 22, 2011, 03:11:06 pm #23 Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 03:11:41 pm by Xifanie
I wish we could choose 3 options... because now we don't know the other sprites people liked that voted for Kage.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

GeneralStrife

July 22, 2011, 03:32:39 pm #24 Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 03:33:01 pm by GeneralStrife
I agree xif, I liked many, but kage's naughty alma and ramza going WTF did it for me, haha.

Cheetah

Quote from: Xifanie on July 22, 2011, 03:11:06 pm
I wish we could choose 3 options... because now we don't know the other sprites people liked that voted for Kage.

I considered this, but ultimately it would have become too confusing. I would prefer this but I think we would need a more powerful polling interface so we could track who is voting where and prevent people from voting for the same sprite multiple times. For now this will work and perhaps we can work on refining things for the next contest.
Current Projects:

st4rw4k3r

you vote on the same thing more than once?

dinosaur

Quote from: Cheetah on July 21, 2011, 01:37:17 pm
Judging Criteria:
1) Creativity: This covers both the job idea and the physical design of the sprite. Find original, intelligent, and witty ways to follow the general theme of the contest.
2) Artistic Ability: The more original elements incorporated into the sprite the better. However, make sure to balance this with the visual quality of the sprite. General pixel art ability, design, and palette choice are important here.
3) Valid Submission: There are clear expectations for submission, please try your best to follow them.

OOoops I did not see this ... I just picked my favorite one ... sorry :(

st4rw4k3r

I did the same. Its all fine imo.

Cheetah

Just general suggestion Dino, nothing to worry about.
Current Projects:

Mando

July 22, 2011, 09:26:17 pm #30 Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 09:34:26 pm by Mando
Dino has a point though... I kind of made the sprite out of seriousness and not (lols) because it said competition. If I knew it was going to be a contest of what sprite can make me LOL or WTF more I wouldn't have bother with something so custom >.>

I mean seriously don't put this next time:

Just say "vote for whichever you like best!" (because that is what is really happening)

Quote from: Cheetah on July 21, 2011, 01:37:17 pm
Alma Gets a Job!

Judging Criteria:
1) Creativity: This covers both the job idea and the physical design of the sprite. Find original, intelligent, and witty ways to follow the general theme of the contest.
2) Artistic Ability: The more original elements incorporated into the sprite the better. However, make sure to balance this with the visual quality of the sprite. General pixel art ability, design, and palette choice are important here.
3) Valid Submission: There are clear expectations for submission, please try your best to follow them.

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!

GeneralStrife

Maybe the poll should be restarted if people think so

Cheetah

The point of these competitions are to be entertaining and act as a community activity. Don't stress about the voting and just try to enjoy everyone showing off their ideas.
Current Projects:

Kagebunji

July 23, 2011, 11:09:31 am #33 Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 11:12:10 am by Kagebunji
Quote from: Cheetah on July 23, 2011, 12:58:40 am
The point of these competitions are to be entertaining and act as a community activity. Don't stress about the voting and just try to enjoy everyone showing off their ideas.

I agree with Cheetah here. Besides, we are in the middle of the contest, and changing any technical related stuff would get confusing. This all will likely be disscused before another contest.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

dinosaur

Maybe *next time* we can be more specific or make the judging rules bigger and different colors.  I think it would be nice if everyone judged on the same criteria. If I saw the judging rules my vote would have been different.

Cheetah

July 24, 2011, 03:24:33 pm #35 Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 03:25:12 pm by Cheetah
Happy Birthday Alma and congratulations to Kage and Lijj.

1st: Lap Dancer (Kagebunji)
2nd: Safari Alma (Lijj)
3rd: To be determined

So as you have all likely notice there is no third place yet. The first and second place winners were very clear, but almost every other sprite is very close to winning third given the wide spread of votes. I'm aware that Sheikma and Alma Aran are technically in the lead, but a difference of one vote is essentially meaningless. So there will be a revote, removing the first and second place winners, to establish third place. I will be reopening the poll today at some point and it will remain open for two days.
Current Projects:

dinosaur

Oh wow! I am surprised no one voted for Conman- that bikini is to die for.

Great job Kage and Lijj!

Mando

July 24, 2011, 04:57:25 pm #37 Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 05:04:53 pm by Mando
Hey, Cheetah. If you are going to re-open the polls take mine off too, I am starting work on Smash's Cecil and I don't need the distraction of those 2 sprites at the moment.

GeneralStrife

But mando, I was gonna vote for sheikma o.O.
Hmm...

Mando

It's all good dude don't worry bout it ^^; I just need focus time and anticipating polls distracts me XD