• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 06:35:04 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Shared abilities

Started by Just Another Day, July 13, 2009, 07:26:12 pm

Just Another Day

July 13, 2009, 07:26:12 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Just Another Day
Hey y'all. Does anybody know if abilities can have shared access between skillsets?

Like, if I wanted to add Charge+1 in Basic Skill, but leave it in Charge as well, could I make it such that purchasing it as a Squire also gives you access to it as an Archer?

(or, say, if I wanted to give Basic Skill blue magic access to Bahamut, can purchasing the ability in Summoner unlock it in Basic Skill as well?)

LastingDawn

July 13, 2009, 07:31:24 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
I think... oddly enough it does.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Just Another Day

July 13, 2009, 07:36:36 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Just Another Day
Well, I'm pretty sure it doesn't have to; Algus doesn't unlock Battle Skill Head Break if he buys it as a Squire in vanilla FFT, does he?

But I'm hoping that it can be coded as such (I want my Squires to only have basic abilities for jobs they're a prereq to, giving a head-start on their specialties, and then to have blue magic access to cool abilities from further down the tree for later in the game).

Zozma

July 13, 2009, 08:53:44 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
that would be a very nice feature to have for characters whos primary includes skills from generic sets.

if i made a special red mage unit i wouldn't want him to have to re purchase black and white magics from priest and wizard jobs. thats just wasted time. and looks tacky
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!