• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:09:20 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Archmage HACK

Started by Orkney, August 06, 2023, 02:25:54 pm

Orkney

August 06, 2023, 02:25:54 pm Last Edit: April 06, 2024, 08:43:39 am by Orkney
Hi everyone !

I'm happy to share with you my Archmage Hack. I had this in mind for a long, and i'm glad i finally found the time to do it.

This hack will turn the calculator in a Mage able to modifiy basic spells. Through his skillset, the unit will still have access to known Black magic, White Magic, Time Magic and Yin Yang magic spells.
What is change is the combo aspect. Now You'll have access to a list of abilities that will modify the spell you choose.
In the base version of the hack these abilities are :
-0x19E Vanilla : no changes
-0x19F Long : Range + 1 , MP cost +50%
-0x1A0 Wide : AoE + 1 Vertical +2 Power -25% MP cost + 25%
-0x1A1 Focused : AoE -1 Power +33% MP cost + 50%
-0x1A2 Fast : CT/2 Power -33%
-0x1A3 Friendly : CT*1.5 Allies Only
-0x1A4 Hostile : CT*1.5 Foes Only
-0x1A5 Radiant : Range = 0 AoE+1 Vertical + 2 Do not Hit caster if Target ennemies (Kind of samourai)

Note : - Power alteration changes Amount of Heal/Dmg and Hit%.
      - Focus and Radiant are in Set 2 Only, Just for avoiding some bugs (Radiant in set 1 and Long in Set 2 will end with a non radiant spell)
  - You'll need to edit the abilities names with FFTactText

If You have something else in mind with these abilities, i've made this hack keeping it modders friendly. You'll find here an Excel file, based on Xifanie HackTemplate.
In this file i had a "ARCHMAGE TABLE" sheet where you can edit any ability to add or remove wathever you want. Once you're done, save your change as xml and patch your ISO.
Remember that the main hack comes with my changes, so patch yours after the main hack.

EDIT 06 04 2024 : Updated Xml file
  • Modding version: PSX

---HattoriIga---

First of all, I'd like to say fantastic hacker.

I found a bug when ASM is used archmage is unable to perform normal attack
NoTarget msg appears. the archmage is only able to attack with magic and if you also place your job with another job's secondary, it gives the same attack bug.

short video of what happens

I'm testing it on the TLW rom but it gave the same error on FFT vanilla

https://imgur.com/GLeRlK2

---HattoriIga---

March 03, 2024, 09:13:10 am #2 Last Edit: March 04, 2024, 03:42:41 pm by ---HattoriIga---
I tested it again and every job loses its attack action
when the ASM Arch Mage is used.

all job's

Orkney

Ho ? Dang. I'll look at that when i'll have some extra time :/

Orkney

Here. Attack bug if solved. I found that Friendly and Hostile didn't work as intented. It is solved too.