• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:26:10 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

War of the Lions Tweak v2.52

Started by Tzepish, November 29, 2022, 02:53:23 am

Entis

Quote from: Tzepish on January 30, 2023, 09:10:11 pmYes, only rules text though, not story text. For example, jobs/abilities/items were renamed in cases where the new name made more sense than the old one (for example, "Hunting Bow" became "Hunting Crossbow", because it's a crossbow, not a bow). Description text has also been made more accurate.

In the readme, try looking up "Misc UI text improvements" and "Improved equipment descriptions" for more information.

Oh, then probably Its because of this my game crashes when I try to go New Game... But I applied patch on translated version of game, so I think its because of this.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Tzepish

Quote from: Entis on January 31, 2023, 07:51:36 amOh, then probably Its because of this my game crashes when I try to go New Game... But I applied patch on translated version of game, so I think its because of this.

Oh yeah, I wouldn't trust anything other than a vanilla USA ISO. Especially because Valhalla (the ASM tool I used) relocates all the text, so it probably wouldn't be compatible with other text mods anyway.
  • Modding version: WotL
  • Discord username: Tzepish

kylique

Hello,

Would there be a way to extract the text from the game so I could translate it to PTBR? And would there be a way to apply it to your mod?

Sorry for my English, I'm using the translator, and your mod is amazing, congratulations.

Tzepish

Quote from: kylique on February 07, 2023, 12:00:12 pmWould there be a way to extract the text from the game so I could translate it to PTBR? And would there be a way to apply it to your mod?

Yes and yes!

The typical way to do this would be to use fftactext, which is a part of the fftpatcher suite of tools. However, my mod uses Valhalla for text, which is not compatible with fftactext, so if you're translating my mod specifically, you'll need to use Valhalla.

Inside the Source folder (included in the download for my mod) there are instructions for reverse-engineering / recompiling the mod, so that it can be edited however you wish. This includes extracting the text.

kylique

Thank you friend! I'll try to use the tool and translate when I have time.

kylique

Hi Tzepish,

I need your help!

Do you know a way for Python to recognize accents like (ç, í ã, á, à, õ, ó, é, ê,)? Is my fist time using Phyton.

I'm configuring the dialogs in test-EVT and when I try to use Encode EVT, it gives an error because there are accents in the translated words.

My language has a lot.

Erro: '>' not supported between instances of 'NoneType' and 'int'

Tzepish

Quote from: kylique on February 08, 2023, 01:31:31 pmDo you know a way for Python to recognize accents like (ç, í ã, á, à, õ, ó, é, ê,)?

I do not! Sorry, how frustrating. I a quick google search tells me you need to convert between ascii and unicode using something like "text = text.encode('utf-8')".

I barely know python myself and basically fumbled my way through the spellquotes python change in Valhalla.

RetroTypes

I dont know if the psp version of FFT supports accented characters, unfortunately. I know the psx version doesnt by default, for that we have the Character Creator sheet that lets you make your own, and Gogeta used it for his German translation of TLW. But no such hack exists for the psp version afaik. Probably wouldnt be crazy hard to port over, I suppose, but then again I am not volunteering to do it so I wont try to make it sound easy  xD
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: RetroTypes

lucaslotr

Nice mod! Just installed it and I'm playing around for a bit to choose which of the extras I'll use. I'm thinking of maybe using the fixed bravery/faith to set up a challenge run (all chars have low bravery or something like that), but to do that I'd have to use the save editor to change each character's bravery. Could the editor mess up the save somehow because of the mod or something? Would the editor even work properly? Or maybe I should try to find a way to do it with cheats instead of the editor?

Trajiin88

You have a great mod here, maybe my favorite and I've played most of them. I think I may have already sent a message but I was just trying to post on here. Best balance mod I've seen "psx or psp," while still feeling like fft. I was wondering about maybe giving the onion knight a makeover, I don't know how difficult that'd be. The best I've seen is the fft 1.3 mod onion knight. Having its ability to equip anything be it's primary skill, allowing for secondary abilities, counter, supports and movement abilities. Having inate safe guard, double-hand and two-hand, with the ability to gain experience and level up. Making your own build of the onion knight, instead of everyone's onion knight. A great higher tier class that is usable with a personality. I would love if someone could do a makeover of the onion knight similar to this for wotl.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Lazarus

I don't know why this mod isn't working for me. I have successfully patched other mods but this one doesn't seem to be updating when patching the ISO with PPF-O-Matic.

I have tried redownloading everything and patching from scratch and it still doesn't seem to be working. When I start a new game I am not able to control the guests like the instructions say I should be able to.

I know that I am loading up the correct patched version in PPSSPP, so it isn't user error or anything like that.

Am I missing something here?

Tzepish

Quote from: lucaslotr on March 24, 2023, 01:24:30 pmCould the editor mess up the save somehow because of the mod or something? Would the editor even work properly?
LionEditor should work fine with this mod, I use it myself when testing things. As always, back up your save data before using it, though!

Quote from: Trajiin88 on April 26, 2023, 03:08:38 pmI would love if someone could do a makeover of the onion knight similar to this for wotl.
It's all very possible but not on my short term list for ASM to look into. There are still some normal QoL fixes (such as Mana Shield damage overflow) that are on my higher priority ASM list right now!

Quote from: Lazarus on April 30, 2023, 07:39:00 pmI have tried redownloading everything and patching from scratch and it still doesn't seem to be working.
You're scaring me, man! Do you see other changes from the mod? (for example, seeing the text "Load this data?" instead of "Load game data?" when choosing a save file?)

Otherwise I don't really have a clue why my mods would be different than others.

aliguu

i came here from a youtube pop up, would love to try this version.

However im new to this so can anyone tell me if i need to do anythign else to get htis running on my android.

1. Get the USA version of PSP (or PSX??) iso
2. use the PPF-O-Matic to apply the mod.patch
3.copy it to my android
4. use ppsspp android and choose the iso to play.

does this sound about right?

Tzepish

That should be all you need to do!

Ethan_Targaryen

July 02, 2023, 07:58:02 pm #54 Last Edit: July 03, 2023, 08:07:44 am by Ethan_Targaryen Reason: Came up with a solution
Is there a good resource to look at to get Valhalla running? I'm on Windows 11 and I'm having a hell of a time trying to get Valhalla to open let alone run.

RetroTypes

Quote from: Ethan_Targaryen on July 02, 2023, 07:58:02 pmIs there a good resource to look at to get Valhalla running? I'm on Windows 11 and I'm having a hell of a time trying to get Valhalla to open let alone run.

Dont be shy, share with the class! lol ya never know if someone else might have the same issue and need a solution later
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: RetroTypes

Tzepish

Quote from: Ethan_Targaryen on July 02, 2023, 07:58:02 pmIs there a good resource to look at to get Valhalla running? I'm on Windows 11 and I'm having a hell of a time trying to get Valhalla to open let alone run.

Me too, and I can't remember what the magic step was to get it to run. I definitely installed multiple versions of python in the attempt though.

Ellood

July 18, 2023, 06:27:00 am #57 Last Edit: July 21, 2023, 05:53:22 pm by Ellood
Don't really know where to post this, but I jus copied Tzepish's encounter unscaling for the psx version that's based on TLW 2.031.

I only copied the level's and for the others that have partylevel at random I didn't bother, I did at first put the spoils as for the common drop but I accidentally save the patch as a psp patch so I basically blundered.

I haven't really tested it fully and also I don't know if there was an easier way of doing this but I did it anyway cause I wanted to Mod FFT the way I want it and just wanted to share it.

Credits to Tzepish and the TLW team.

Edit: Added Tzepish's stat growths for job and their equipment, Made ramza just have his growth and ability to equip weapons the same as chapter 4.

Edit: Added everything I could find in Tzepish's tweak but I didn't bother with the other's like enemy skill sets and such. Also added Rendezvous unscaling but its only the first one (chocobo defense), I have no idea what level to put on the other's, ill play the game first and see if I can hatch up an idea for it.

Crouching_Liger

Hey there, I just discovered your mod today and I would love to try it out for myself since it literally feels like it's the experience wotl should've always been. That being said, I started the vanilla version a few days ago and have put in like 16 hours worth of grinding already just to get the jobs I want before ending chapter 1 (I'm still not close to done). If I patch my rom now, will I be able to continue with my save or will I have to start a new a game?

I really don't want to have to dismiss all that work if I don't have to since your mod says it'll basically cut down on how much farming I'll have to do which would be a godsend. Plus having jp+ active at all times means I can actually play with the cool passives from other jobs without hurting my jp gain. All in all, I'm getting this mod, just crossing my fingers that I won't have to restart.

Regardless, I just want to pre-emptively thank you for making such a great game even better. As someone who always wanted to mod games but had no idea how to start, I have deep respect and appreciation for those that can. Really can't wait to get started on this so I can finally play a version wotl that doesn't punish me just because of some weird design choices.

Ellood

Quote from: Crouching_Liger on July 19, 2023, 03:16:03 amHey there, I just discovered your mod today and I would love to try it out for myself since it literally feels like it's the experience wotl should've always been. That being said, I started the vanilla version a few days ago and have put in like 16 hours worth of grinding already just to get the jobs I want before ending chapter 1 (I'm still not close to done). If I patch my rom now, will I be able to continue with my save or will I have to start a new a game?

I really don't want to have to dismiss all that work if I don't have to since your mod says it'll basically cut down on how much farming I'll have to do which would be a godsend. Plus having jp+ active at all times means I can actually play with the cool passives from other jobs without hurting my jp gain. All in all, I'm getting this mod, just crossing my fingers that I won't have to restart.

Regardless, I just want to pre-emptively thank you for making such a great game even better. As someone who always wanted to mod games but had no idea how to start, I have deep respect and appreciation for those that can. Really can't wait to get started on this so I can finally play a version wotl that doesn't punish me just because of some weird design choices.

Yes you'll be able to continue I think. If you're really scared of losing progress, make a backup of your save and rom so you can test it out.

Edit: If you're using an emulator make sure to do a fresh boot/loading your save rather then loading a save state.