• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 01:35:16 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

The mighty Gafgafrog!

Started by VampragonLord, April 24, 2010, 03:11:56 pm

VampragonLord

I've taken care of most of the sprite, but the colors are a bit off. (having trouble keeping the "detail" of the armor while also not damaging the face)

I realize its somewhat sloppy, I really only made it to practice some more and goof off. If someone would "tidy" it up, or even finish it thatd be awesome, if not just throw in the more detailed flaws (i realize its a little "off" in a few places, and that the colors need tweaking, so unless its a specific part, mentioning those things isn't very productive)
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

Cheetah

This is pretty hilarious. Like you said the color selection could certainly use some work. I think removing some of those merky green/brown colors in the armor would help.
Current Projects:

DeadManWalking

Why are you going about this in the difficult way?  Just take the head off of frog and replace Gafgarion's head (Or maybe the helmetless variant, but either/or) No need to replace whole bodies or anything

VampragonLord

someone mentioned that in the chat too.
It completely wrecked the colors (even more) and dropping the head on the body just wasnt working for me, it was actually MORE difficult.

DeadManWalking

Well, the palette problems you're going to have no matter which way you do it =P

VampragonLord

the other direction the head went screwy colors, this direction the armor just needs tuning up. and its already mostly done, im really just hoping someone will help me smooth out some of it/fix some of the shading. I tend to work on this sprite more in my free time so actual updates to it will be a bit slow. I just make a list of "what" needs changing for when i get around to it

DeadManWalking

Yeah, the colors will move to match whatevers closest on the palette (In Graphics Gale, at least), you probably have some using portrait colors, too.

VampragonLord

nah, made sure to remove em before hand ^.^
im not that bad of a spriter, im not in the whole "upper level" but i still know what im doing.  im just fairly lazy.

DeadManWalking

Never said ya were.  Looks pretty good, but the palette needs fixing up, but that can wait until the main sprite work is finished.