• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 07, 2024, 06:28:01 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

[Old] ALL old topics created before the FULL release (Merged together!)

Started by Dome, December 05, 2010, 02:02:09 pm

Which one is the best, and why?

Ignore
0 (0%)
this
0 (0%)
topic
0 (0%)
!!!!!1111
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Dome

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Dome

Names are not the definitive ones

Move over surfaces: Walk on water + Walk on lava + Half: Water and fire
Any ground: Any ground + Any weather + Move in water + Immune:Poison
Finger guard: Makes you immune to every status the mediator can inflict you

What do you think?

NexusBladeMaster

I want to be a Beta tester!! Yay! But i have something to discuss...
Why you remove Weapon Guard from the Knight? The Defender now is a useless piece of steel =/
Noob: BladeMaster? But You're a Lancer...
Me: So?
Noob: But, that's wrong...
Me: SHUT UP!
*Uses Jump and Land with his sword*

Dome

Sure thing! Everyone who wants to help is welcome!
The squire job (And every special) has weapon guard, and it can be "Purchased" for 000 JP :-)

(I know the first post says otherwise, but I've made a crapload of changes since the first release, and I don't feel like updating the first post each time...but the master guide and the first post WILL be updated after the full release)

Eternal

Knockback is pretty useless, IMO. In the -best- case scenario you end up doing knockback damage.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Dome

I dislike it as well, it's almost always useless...
Anyway, the first knife is going to inflict poison 25% of the time
And I still need a good idea for the last knife...but 1 speed is out of question

Eternal

An idea that has canon: Swordbreaker. In FFTA, it taught Steal: Weapon, and had high EVD. But when I recreated it in PW, it cast Icewolf Bite. Since you still have the Breaks, maybe you could make Daggers that break certain pieces of gear?
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

Dome

Quote from: Eternal248 on June 29, 2011, 05:51:01 am
An idea that has canon: Swordbreaker. In FFTA, it taught Steal: Weapon, and had high EVD. But when I recreated it in PW, it cast Icewolf Bite. Since you still have the Breaks, maybe you could make Daggers that break certain pieces of gear?

Having a 25% of casting Break weapon would be nice...

NexusBladeMaster

Uffff... That was scary... a World Without Weapon Guard...
Ok, no... But, you can count on me with the test, just send the word ^^
Noob: BladeMaster? But You're a Lancer...
Me: So?
Noob: But, that's wrong...
Me: SHUT UP!
*Uses Jump and Land with his sword*

Joseph Strife

Hello Dome, i'm still playing 1.4 but i'll give some feed back on what i've seen so far.

1) The game is very balanced and removing gained JP UP sure puts up a challenge, but it can be bypassed with leveling up on random battles.

2) The first battle (Orbone Monastery) is a lot more difficult, breaking techs sure seem to be a lot more worth having than in normal fft.

3) Rad, Lavian and Alicia sure are cool now, maybe in this mod will be worth using them at my party (i never did it at normal fft)

4) Where did you got that idea of hiding guests? It looks a lot with what Lasting Dawn did with gafgarion in Mercenaries. Anyways, it turned out to be one of the things i liked most, you can't customize them with what you want, therefore you can't count with them in battle thus you don't know which class they'll be in battle nor the itens they'll have, Nice Job here!

5)The low jp you gain in the game does make the begginning hard, but a few random battles after and problem is solved.

6) Monster abilities are realy nice.

7) Sweegy Woods was realy boring, very easy battle.

8) Nice idea reducing the curative itens just to remedy and holy water, makes the game simpler.

9) Ramza's job is looking realy promising.

That's it for now, i'll continue playing and post whatever a may find intereting, i'm still very early in the game (going for dorter now).
But the FFT 1.4 sure has a great potential, nice job!
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

Dome

1) If you want, you can grind :-) FFT: Plus (1.4's final name) won't punish you for doing so (In this way, even complete noobs can enjoy the game...if you are good/pro, just play without grinding)
2) Did you get a game over?
3) :-)
4) Mercenaries or ____ ... I don't remember, TBH...
5) I know...but some useful-early skill is cheap (Weapon guard)
6) Thanks :-)
7) Why? Any suggestion to make if funnier/better?
8) Yeah
9) Wait until you get to Ch4 to see his full potential ;-)

Thanks a lot! Remember that feedbacks are always welcome!

Eternal

Dome, have you considered making each monster unique within its tier? Like giving them each different reactions, etc?

Dome

Quote from: Eternal248 on July 04, 2011, 12:32:45 pm
Dome, have you considered making each monster unique within its tier? Like giving them each different reactions, etc?

No, never had such idea xD
At the moment, monsters of the same family have the same stats and the same [1/2/monster] skill/reaction/innates
Only the third skill is different (And some of them have different elemental immunities, like bombs)

Joseph Strife

1) Yeah, that's the purpose of the game, it's realy cool that noobs and pros can enjoy the game.
2) No, i did not, but i couldn't make rad, lavian and alicia finish the battle alive, and lost somes equips (gaf's armor and sword and agrias shield)
4) I think it's Merc.
5) Yeah, btw, the cadet caracters (Ramza and Delita) can learn weapon guard in both cadet and knight jobs, maybe you could fix this for just one of the jobs.
7) Maybe if you could add 1 or 2 monsters with healing or ressurecting abilities it would make the battle more challenging.
9) Can't wait to see it.  :mrgreen:

I just finished chapter 1, and there goes what i saw.

1) Random battles are just great, people who want to grind should havo no problems, but have coution, there are some hard battles on random encounters, that's cool, it test your ability.
2) i noticed that when you get a crystal and you chose to get an abilities, it realy doesn't matter which one you chose, you finish the battle and when you check on formation you see you have learned them all, maybe you should fix this if it was not on purpose
3) Wiegraf's battle was sooooooo easy, just 3 enemies?! and still i've dogded ALL wiegraf's attacks, he didn't touched me  :cool: hehe. Maybe some more enemies whould make it more difficult
4) Algus battle sure is a though one, great job here.
5) I loved Ramza's class, it sure is great, nice abilities. The same goes for the way you managed guest in the party, it way better than original!

I'll give further report once i finish chapter 2, but so far the work is just great, congrats!  :D
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"

Joseph Strife

Ok, my report on ch.2

1) It easier than the frist, but that doesn't mean you can relax.
2) I think you need to come up with a new sword, you start this chapter with mythril sword and when you finish it you're with the same mythril sword, maybe some replacment for coral sword would be great.
3) At the battle of Bariaus hill, just after mustadio joins as guest, both guests are expected to play in this battle but only agrias came, mustadio wasn't in the battle.
4) What a fucking anoying battle the one you fight at goug machine city. Man! I've started to hate guns, SERIOUSLY!  :evil: But it's all well and no bugs, só good job.  :)
5) At golgorand execution site. Damn those birds at the high ground, they come for a LOT of damage just easy, it was though getting through them :?
6) The lionel battle was realy nice, great idea puting critical quick on queklain reaction ability, it was a pain in the ass at the final part of the battle.
I just found that mustadio bug at bariaus hill, the rest is fine, i'm enjoying the game quiete a lot. See you in ch.3!  :mrgreen:

Dome

1) Yeah, in Ch2 you get awesome characters...but don't worry, I've already improved the difficult a bit
2) Shouldn't happen anymore (Coral sword become a high tier sword that you'll find in ch3/4)
3) Thanks, fixed
4) Lol xD
5) Yeah, that battle is hard
6) :-) (TBH, 1.3 already had Critical quick on queklain, that's not an idea of mine xD)

Joseph Strife

Yeah, i loved rad, i'm already in ch.3 and he is on my team.
i didn't now that, i never gone through 1.3 that long.
Anyways, good job!  :)

Dome

Joseph Strife

actualy i already have it  :)
i think it's one of the reasons i'm loving him XD

Dome

Quote from: Joseph Strife on July 07, 2011, 02:53:52 pm
actualy i already have it  :)
i think it's one of the reasons i'm loving him XD

Yeah
I used him too for my test run