• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 09:04:50 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

CCP (Celdia's Complete Patch) [Old Thread - Locked]

Started by Celdia, December 14, 2010, 12:41:47 am

Celdia

My mistake about the guns. I was thinking about the Stone Gun which should cap at 196. The other elemental guns do run a 256 damage unmodified damage range. Items are the next big part of things on my list to change/fix and the damage on guns among other things is going to drop. Having seen them in action I agree that they do way too much damage (and if you think the guns are bad, wait until you get your hands on Excalibur, Ragnarok or - gods forbid - the Chaos Blade and give them to a Mystic Knight. O_o )

That said, your feedback is both welcome and has been taken under advisement. ^_^ I assure you these issues (well, I can't seem to do much about Zalmo killing himself. Dumb AI is dumb AI...) are being worked on for the next major update.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Kagebunji

I dunno if this is ok, but I would love to see some special characters(Like Nanaki for example, since his sprite os great). But like I said, I don't know if this is lololcharactersfromFFpatch.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Celdia

Since you speak the language S_Hawkeye I would ask an opinion here: In changing the names of the other skills to including Provoke and Enrage, what about Swiftness and Flourish? For Swiftness I'm thinking of "acelerar" but I'll be damned if I have a translation for Flourish.

@Kage (pre-post edit): I don't know what I'm going to do with special characters yet. Part of me wants to stress that this patch is a generic class patch and actually remove them from joining you at all. Another idea I've had is to just make them have generic unit growths and multipliers but keep their unique skillsets. Since removing them entirely would require event edits to change the script in more than a few places (and I'd have to dream up some way for it to make sense) I likely won't go that route. I mean, if I'm going to bother getting into event editing at all, I'll just use my patch as a basis for putting down a new story altogether which is something I'm not exactly planning on doing...but then, I didn't plan on replacing 19 classes when I first started this patch a couple years ago. Fuck, I'm rambling again.

Maybe I'll replace the panthers with Nanaki so I can just kill him over and over and over again. :P

dinosaur

Quote from: Celdia on March 20, 2011, 08:35:54 am
Since you speak the language S_Hawkeye I would ask an opinion here: In changing the names of the other skills to including Provoke and Enrage, what about Swiftness and Flourish? For Swiftness I'm thinking of "acelerar" but I'll be damned if I have a translation for Flourish.

I am really glad you are considering changing those names. Your patch has a lot of interesting and unique names and 'swiftness' and 'provoke' do not blend. Keep up the good work ^_^

Mando

Acelerar idk... I would go with something like rapido / pronto. Acelerar /= swift

Flourish make prosperar  which would be like saying, "the city is flourishing"

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!

MysticKnightFF5

Eternal

I don't think it's really so much an issue, but rather an issue of it being nice looking.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Celdia

It may not translate to swift but it would keep the uniformity of the new names intact by being the unconjugated verb form of accelerate which fits better than rapido or pronto. As for prosperar, that's not the form of the word I'm looking for. I want the noun definition  (or the verb when used with an object) as opposed to the verb alone - so not denoting prosperity but rather, as dictionary.com puts it - "an ostentation display" or "to brandish dramatically".

S_Hawkeye

About flourish, i don't remember any word that could work well.

Pd: I have found this yesterday, the "zombie" AI lapidary have a minor graphical glitch when they get the sleep/dead status.

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/3607/dibujo4j.png

Also i have seen that the unarmed gunsliders and the two guns brawlers can hit twice with their normal atk

Celdia

That is one messed-up glitch. The portrait is all wrong too which makes no sense. I need to get my hands on save files preceding all of the event battles or something for testing.

As for the Two Guns + Unarmed issue, there's really nothing I can do about that at the moment. I suppose I could make it a canon effect of the Brawlers by giving it to them innately. They already do little enough damage with the nerf I put on Martial Arts.

Wiz

part 5

If you check your PM, problem fixed. Audioswapped vids which had a "Content ID" match :/

^, I'll talk about this later and prob put up a thread about it + copyright infringement and what should and shouldn't be the limits later in the General Forum.

Sorry for the delay, would've had it up a few hours ago, but YT decided to act stupid.

• Modding version: Other/Unknown

Celdia

Another great video, Wiz. Keep 'em coming. ^_^

I'm sure you've investigated it since you made the video but just for clarification, one of the known glitches in the patch is that female units won't display any classes they have access to when you look at the list in battle. Its really only annoying if you're trying to track JP earned to unlock another class/skill I think.

As for that first Evangelize you attempted, no one was in range. :P Also, a suggestion for your Demagogue: Get Sadomasochism. Its a good skill and I don't think it makes it very clear in the description, but it does deal damage. The names aren't all that original, either, but I appreciate the compliment. The "Power Word" skills are a direct pull from some old school Dungeons and Dragons spells. Classic stuff. I'm thinking about changing Stun (Stop) for Sleep though.

Celdia

If it were instant it would be the Champion's Lay on Hands. I didn't want the same skill twice. Also I think they have different hit% and heal%. Giving it a CT makes it a little different at least even if it does have the same function. Ramza's Hero skillset is supposed to be a solid mix of always-useful skills but not the best variations of those skills (excepting the unique skills in his set.) I think they serve that role just fine as-is.

dinosaur

Is there an ability that raises brave?

If not ...
I think your brave system is broken. I understand Chimps frustration with intimidate and now I am having the same thing. It gets me really heated. It would be okay to have an ability that subtracts brave but I also believe there should be an ability that adds brave (ability not reaction). That would be balanced.

Celdia

Yes, there is a skill that raises Brave by 10 with each use but its not a cheap skill nor is it terribly obvious that it has that effect since I haven't gone in and fixed the descriptions on the Homemaker skills yet. Beyond that there is still the Brave Up reaction. Like it or not, its there to be used.

dinosaur

Quote from: Celdia on March 25, 2011, 02:58:58 am
Yes, there is a skill that raises Brave by 10 with each use but its not a cheap skill nor is it terribly obvious that it has that effect since I haven't gone in and fixed the descriptions on the Homemaker skills yet. Beyond that there is still the Brave Up reaction. Like it or not, its there to be used.

Ahh yes, Hearth and Home. Perfect!

Celdia

S_Hawkeye

Quote from: dinosaur on March 24, 2011, 11:34:26 pm

I think your brave system is broken. I understand Chimps frustration with intimidate and now I am having the same thing. It gets me really heated. It would be okay to have an ability that subtracts brave but I also believe there should be an ability that adds brave (ability not reaction). That would be balanced.

Yeah, intimidate is really anoying, but brave up is way better than the ability of the mediator in vanilla (ramza skills are another history) and ambrosia for the brave bonus, feather mantle + any shield + grace = easy 85+ brave in a few battles (it triggers even whe the atk fails/get blocked)

dinosaur

Quote from: Celdia on March 25, 2011, 03:23:32 am
Ah, no. Ambrosia, actually.

Ah bad guess >_< If you do not want to update the description in your patch now, I would appreciate it if you could on the forums :)