• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Event creation & testing - EasyVent super perfect 2.0 events

Started by Talcall, May 13, 2020, 06:11:53 am

Talcall

I've gotten back into my mini-project, creating 'chapter 1.5' (or the missing chapter as I've called it), and I was wondering if there was a simple way to test events, with like an external program? or do I have to replace say the first event in the game for a quick and easy way to test it?
does EasyVent editor super perfect 2.0 have some sort of event-viewing functionality that I havent found yet? that'd be embarrassing
Any replies are helpful! thanks in advance!
I've also attached the text file I've uh... 'created' so far. it's not much to look at unless you want to criticise my writing, which is valid
Also not sure exactly how to turn this text file into something more usable when the time comes around, if anyone is available that wants to help, please
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
""The only thing more hardcoded than FFT, is more FFT."
    - A wise man"
       - Talcall
  • Discord username: Talcall

Nyzer

Better to edit the ATTACK.OUT to immediately jump to your event after the first event of the game. Then you don't have to change the offset of your event later. You can also just instantly end the first event of the game to skip to your new event right away.

Savestate editing is how you easily test events. IIRC it helps to save your savestates right there in the EVSP folder. Start your event with Pause() and use that moment for your initial savestate.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Talcall

• Modding version: PSX & WotL
""The only thing more hardcoded than FFT, is more FFT."
    - A wise man"
       - Talcall
  • Discord username: Talcall

3lric

Quote from: Nyzer on May 13, 2020, 09:04:32 amBetter to edit the ATTACK.OUT to immediately jump to your event after the first event of the game. Then you don't have to change the offset of your event later. You can also just instantly end the first event of the game to skip to your new event right away.

Savestate editing is how you easily test events. IIRC it helps to save your savestates right there in the EVSP folder. Start your event with Pause() and use that moment for your initial savestate.

This is how i event. Expecting their to ever be a event viewer and also having it be under a gig in size is unrealistic
  • Modding version: PSX