• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Can we make new skills/spells effect?

Started by jimmyjw88, January 27, 2010, 05:25:54 pm

jimmyjw88

Hi....I always wonder if there's any way to make new skills/spells effects?
Also, how can I know which effect bin file is for which skill? Like E79 is Clops, I think.
And how to view the skills in image?

Sorry for noob questions as I'm not really into hacking or any of this stuff.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

SilvasRuin

I have seen ways to access them, but I don't recall what they were.  Anyways, it is entirely possible to remove Leviathan's image from the Leviathan spell to have a simple flood spell, for example.  Maybe run a search?

Jumza

There is a tutorial on the tutorial page its hard but ive done a bunch and you get better as time goes on. i usually only do recoulours tho.
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

jimmyjw88

Hmm...okay. How about making our own spell? Not recolour but we use Ms Paint or other programs to make the effect/image...Can we?
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Cheetah

The trick is that we don't know anything about the actual coding of the special effects. So I think Vanya and Zozma have done things like changing the graphics slightly, but you can't change what is done with those graphics.
Current Projects:

jimmyjw88

Ah...I see. Because if possible, I would like to change the meteor to meteor shower. ^^
Well, thanks guys. I will search around for tutorials.

Jumza

you can just read the tutorial it tells you how i said I just redo colors not everyone! but you can't use MS paint you have to use tile molester which i think is a little more usfull then MS paint but thats just what i think.
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.