• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:05:29 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

please fill me up with the current state of things....

Started by karsten, September 02, 2009, 09:25:24 am

karsten

As much of you might have noticed i'm quite on an hard times lately with almost no spare time in my hands... So i would be grateful if someone might fill me up with the state of editing things; i mean,
what can we do?
what the tools allow us to do?
what is the state of map editing (if any)?
Do we have an automated text insertion utility?
Can we expand the text?
can we create new cutscenes?
 etc etc.

any help will be greatly appreciated.

PS there's still need for donations?

Xifanie

Quote from: "karsten"what can we do?
Um what we CAN'T do yet would be:
- Change music and sounds
- Change effect files
- Change world map location positions and paths
other than that I think we cover pretty much everything except regarding asm hacking.
Quote from: "karsten"what the tools allow us to do?
Event Compiler/Decompiler (edit events)
Event Conditions spreadsheet (change conditions to load another event; like wiegraf's HP has to be 30% or lower)
World Map Conditions spreadsheet (like to trigger a new event at Dolbodar Swamp)
FFTPatcher (few functions added)
Shishi (now allows viewing animations and editing tons of pictures from the games)
TacText (not really buggy anymore)
FFTorgASM (asm hack patcher)
Map Viewer
Quote from: "karsten"what is the state of map editing (if any)?
gomtuu works or worked on the map editor, I doubt much progress was made in any case. But there's tons of info gomtuu inserted in the wiki regarding the map's structures to edit them..
Quote from: "karsten"Do we have an automated text insertion utility?
TacText and ppf patches
Quote from: "karsten"Can we expand the text?
Expand the text? TacText already "compresses" text in a certain matter, it compiles two characters for one byte sometimes. Plus stuff like dots which originally takes 2 bytes are always compiled as one byte.
Quote from: "karsten"can we create new cutscenes?
Yeah of course, you can also change completely the order and locations of events.
Quote from: "karsten"etc etc.
etc!!11!one11!!!eleven1!!
Quote from: "karsten"PS there's still need for donations?
Read the donations page more carefully, there was never a need for donations to start with; I thought I made this clear.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

karsten

September 03, 2009, 05:07:21 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by karsten
thanks for suming it up zodiac! I didn't know things had progressed so much! you should post this answers in a FAQ section in the homepage :D