• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

HOW TO EXPAND ISO

Started by Taichii, September 27, 2011, 08:13:38 am

Taichii

Good evening guys, i just finished back reading you posts here in the hacking section.
I've searched the net and found a way to expand an iso image.
but i haven't tested it yet, because im just a newbie here and am still experimenting on spriting. haha
anyway, here is the link on how to expand an iso image (credits to EHOW.com)

http://www.ehow.com/how_8273998_expand-iso-image.html

(i hope this helps because i really love to play FFT with more different stories, challenges, events, characters/monsters, skills, jobs and if possible, new maps.)
Please do share your ideas and suggestion for my project:
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS : LEGEND OF MANA

Join our RP :)
"Desperation"

"PAIN. THAT'S WHAT KEEPS YOU HUMAN"

Cheetah

I appreciate your enthusiasm Taichii, but this information isn't particularly relevant. The issue isn't that we don't know how to expand the ISO, the difficult part is finding all the ASM code that points to different parts of the ISO to read data. Even then, Melonhead (may he rest in peace) actually found a way to add in a lot more sprites. But it is very difficult and tedious.
Current Projects:

Xifanie

Actually I'm the one who first figured how to move files/give them more space/etc.
I created the spritesheet reassignment pff patch, moved a map file for more size in CoP, and other things
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Taichii

Oh, i see..
i am sorry .___. it seems i have a lot more reading to do.
:D
thank you guys.
i will try to play CoP after finishing CCP XD
Please do share your ideas and suggestion for my project:
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS : LEGEND OF MANA

Join our RP :)
"Desperation"

"PAIN. THAT'S WHAT KEEPS YOU HUMAN"