• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 07:01:25 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Monster Mod

Started by Zozma, November 03, 2008, 07:06:40 am

Zozma

November 03, 2008, 07:06:40 am Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
Okay this may be a waste of a new topic but I must know...

I don't normally play around with monsters too much as of yet but I'm wondering if giving a normal monster, with no skill changes, the "martial arts" support, will it actually strengthen them or have no effect at all?

im not talking about altima or ultima demons who have non monster sets... i mean will this do anything at all for, say a chocobo or goblin etc?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Vanya

November 03, 2008, 07:35:02 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
I *think* all monsters' physycal attacks are affected by Martial Arts.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Zozma

November 03, 2008, 09:34:53 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
im also thinking about replacing certain monsters success rate formula's based off of MA, changhing things like ghoul's ma growth to that of a mage type human, then i can give them attack magics too :P

Vanya

November 03, 2008, 12:55:13 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
I've had that idea in the back of my head since I first started hacking FFT! =0
¯\(°_0)/¯

Zozma

November 03, 2008, 03:27:15 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
yeah my ghosts can cast the lvl2 elemental spells, the one with "grease touch" has Fira, for example

Skip Sandwich

November 04, 2008, 10:32:38 am #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
i've got this idea running around my head to make ramza and the special characters (for this purpose, this includes Rad, Lavian, and Alicia) the only humans you recruit over the course of the game, and replacing most of the generic jobs with monsters (so monsters would then be able to change jobs into different monsters, kind of like monsters in the SaGa series).  All recruitable humans would have a special job set, which would overwrite squire as per normal. The human job tree would consist only of Dancer and Bard, which would lead to the Monk, Archer, Priest and Wizard jobs (Monk and Wizard for males, Archer and Priest for females).

The chemist job will be locked, by requiring a level of chemist to access, and will become the base of the monster job tree. (monsters don't have gender, so they shouldn't qualify for bard or dancer, if they do, i'd have to nix human job changing entierly).
       +-Red Panther-Bull Demon----+
        |                           |
Goblin--+                           +--Mime
        |                           |
        +-Ahriman-Mind Flayer-------+

The chocobo and bomb monsters will be as normal, while the Skelleton, Ghost, Steel Hawk, Dragon, Hydra and Behemoth will have special locked monster jobs (like the apanda, demons, and worker 8). pigs would be removed entierly.

anyway, this is all just ideas, I haven't done anything with them yet, thought I might, just because it could be fun and i'd likely learn something in attempting it.
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

Lydyn

November 04, 2008, 11:18:09 am #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Sounds spiffy Skip! (Seriously.)

Zozma

November 04, 2008, 06:43:29 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
hmmm interesting idea, you could steal part of the job wheel and use it for certain monsters... the only problem there is (and  its probably not for you)

when you get a monster, you will see it on the job wheel for humans too...

Jacob31593

November 04, 2008, 06:54:36 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Jacob31593
i'de like to have a team of bombs and some priests for reraise :D

Skip Sandwich

November 04, 2008, 07:07:25 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
I forgot to mention above that the Basic Skill skillset would be replaced by Item, in my hypothetical situation.
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com