• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 01:55:50 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Bloodthirster's Sprites

Started by Bloodthirster0, February 18, 2010, 12:36:09 am

jimmyjw88

Yeah, it's just a forgotten pixel. Not big deal, just thought I point it out.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Bloodthirster0

stopping by to show Grims progress
Need something useful to write here

mav

So far, so good. Can't wait to see this thing completed.

Kagebunji

Now that I look at it, you need to do only 7 frames more, rest is just copy/pasting of already existing ones and cutting it (for example the attacking frames)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Cheetah

His hair is going crazy on the singing animations. This is looking really good, I'm really curious about what you want for a portrait.
Current Projects:

Kyousukeee

Hey that's a nice sprite sheet .
The red you used there is really nice . The only thing that I found odd is the shadow in the cape , in some frames it looks a bit too curved .
Overall it's coming up pretty cool ^^

Bloodthirster0

I hate the copy/paste part it is very boring to do

@Cheetah: I'm also curious about the portrait,actually I would love to see the four main portrait desings here,but I cant,I will leave the portrait for anyone who think that can do it,meeting the only exigence,Grims is around the 30 years old,about the hair,it is supposed to be like that,for the raising head animation

@Mav and kage:Finishing it today.

@Kyo:Which frames?

Cheetah

How do you envision his hair being styled? A pic would be great.
Current Projects:

Kyousukeee

The places where I found the shadows odd are mainly here:

I see you used Wiegraf as base , the shadows in his cape are a bit different from a plain colour cape because of the green/yellow stripes . Maybe if you look at Aliste cape it'll help , you can see the shadows there way better than Wiegraf/Beowulf .
Also in this pose , it may look better if you remove the shadows ( there's almost no shadows in Wiegraf/Aliste's ) or make it round in the centre insted of shading the edges pretty much like the shadows in the knight cape ( remove the hood and add shades there ) . You might try adding shadows in the lower parts to give some . . . volume/ weight (?) to the cape and makes it look less plain ( I haven't tried those , just an idea )

That's my 2 cents . . . I hope these will help you ^^

mav

I might be able to work on a portrait--if I do, it'll be something outta the ordinary.

Bloodthirster0

got it Kyo,but take a look at Zalbag/Red Mage cape,I tried using Wiegraf and friends cape,after tried Pieke's cape but all them looked flat(check earlier version),so I was thinking on how to fix the cape,I remenbered that the Red Mage had a good cape that fit,so I used it

btw,I will post the complete sprite later,I just cant right now,Mav,the face of Grims is on your hands

mav

I need to fix the lips and eyes; input is welcome.

Kagebunji

Some dude got an Izlude hair, nice :) Looks kinda too much like generic to me, and I think he should be angry too. It's your call.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Bloodthirster0

yeah,like Kage said,the portrait is cool,but looks too much like a generic,try messing with Gustav and that portrait

btw,the complete sheet and Gustav just to avoid unecessary search

jimmyjw88

Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Cheetah

Check out my Male Red Mage for the cape. I think I have done most of the work on it already.
Current Projects:

mav

Alright then, different direction with the portrait--I may have gone too far with this though...

Bloodthirster0

Try to apply more of Gustav hair and give him the same clothing as the first sprite,I like this face a lot,but take off that couple of pixels right below the eye

Kyousukeee

Woah mav you work so fast o_O I like the first face better .
Nice work posting the whole sheet Bloodthirster0 . I will be sure to save it for future use , it already gave me ideas =)

mav

I didn't have much time to work on this, but the newest version of the portrait is on the right.

I...don't know.