• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

(Solved) Question about adding changes on top of a patched iso

Started by rnorphling, July 22, 2020, 10:59:19 pm

rnorphling

I would like to start playing TLW mod (thanks Elric for working this out), however I want to have some quality of life asm hack which is missing in this mod, i.e. cross skip v3, and smart encounters (thanks Xifanie). I have close to 0 FFT hacking experience, so here is what I tried,
1. download FFTorgASM
2. patch TLW ppf to a clean FFT iso
3. tested the patched iso to make sure it is correctly patched
4. launch FFTorgASM, tick cross skip v3 and smart encounters, make sure there is no conflict
5. click patch iso and choose the TLW patched iso
6. launch game, and it works!

Now I want to change the brave of Ramza in the first battle to 85, so here is what i tried,
1. launch FFTPatcher
2. PSX > open patched iso, choose TLW patched iso with above asm hack
3. ENTD > 100 Orbonne Prayer and BS > Ramza
4. change brave to 85
5. PSX > patch iso, choose  TLW patched iso with above asm hack > OK
6. launch game, and it doesnt works!

Any idea?
Also once everything works for me, all I got is a patched iso for my own, so how I release this TLW with asm hacks and Brave 85 Ramza patch to others in ppf format so they can patch for themselves? Sorry for this lengthy post, all I want to understand is the step by step guide on modifying others patch and distribute.

Jumza

Generally applying ASMs onto existing hacks is a recipe for disaster for many reasons, but luckily since TLW was specifically designed to be a base parch for others to build their hacks on, there is a Resources version that allows you to add your own changes without breaking things (it just takes a few extra steps!)

https://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=12321.0

By downloading and following the guides with the resources zip, you can do whatever else you want to the game!
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

3lric

Quote from: rnorphling on July 22, 2020, 10:59:19 pmI would like to start playing TLW mod (thanks Elric for working this out), however I want to have some quality of life asm hack which is missing in this mod, i.e. cross skip v3, and smart encounters (thanks Xifanie). I have close to 0 FFT hacking experience, so here is what I tried,
1. download FFTorgASM
2. patch TLW ppf to a clean FFT iso
3. tested the patched iso to make sure it is correctly patched
4. launch FFTorgASM, tick cross skip v3 and smart encounters, make sure there is no conflict
5. click patch iso and choose the TLW patched iso
6. launch game, and it works!

Now I want to change the brave of Ramza in the first battle to 85, so here is what i tried,
1. launch FFTPatcher
2. PSX > open patched iso, choose TLW patched iso with above asm hack
3. ENTD > 100 Orbonne Prayer and BS > Ramza
4. change brave to 85
5. PSX > patch iso, choose  TLW patched iso with above asm hack > OK
6. launch game, and it doesnt works!

Any idea?
Also once everything works for me, all I got is a patched iso for my own, so how I release this TLW with asm hacks and Brave 85 Ramza patch to others in ppf format so they can patch for themselves? Sorry for this lengthy post, all I want to understand is the step by step guide on modifying others patch and distribute.

You cant edit Ramza's starting stats in FFTP. You need to edit his pre-raw stats. There is a ASM somewhere around here for that
  • Modding version: PSX

rnorphling

Thanks, after reading your TLW thread, I learn that I should do FFTP before ASM patch, now it works, marked resolved.