• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:08:31 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Now Playing

Started by Cheetah, April 03, 2008, 09:31:33 am

tithin

I've been playing 30 second hero on my psp lately (in comparison to playing it every night IN BED, HEYOOOO) and it's actually fun.
14:45  @SilentB         ò "Hey, Cosgrove, how come you never married?"
14:45  @SilentB         ò "Because I eat too much meat."
14:46  @Celdia          ò Heresy. No such thing as 'too much meat'
14:47  @Celdia          ò One night with tithin would teach you that.

SilvasRuin

I finally decided to get FFI and FFII for the PSP whenever I got my new one.  The backgrounds and monster images are just so pretty, I couldn't help it.  That and the games aren't half bad for some retro gameplay.  I'm well on my way to finishing a FFII playthrough and will likely start a FFI playthrough once I both complete the Soul of Rebirth thing or whatever the after game is called and see for myself at least one of the two gimmicky "ultimate" spells.

I've also been playing DragonQuest IV.  It's been fun, but... I'm starting to think I won't find one from the series I like as much as VIII.

On a side note, I have never finished Lost Odyssey.  This became quite the sticking point this past break when I was finally around my 360 again but the game was nowhere to be found.  I very much enjoyed that game and I stopped playing it for a very silly reason.  Now I'm frustrated that I am unable to play it when I am finally wanting to again.  I find it's system and balance inspirational to some degree.  The new take on the otherwise stagnant row system was brilliant, the bosses always had a fun and/or challenging gimmick to them, and magic was well worth the mp and charge times for them.  You would also screw yourself over if you got the "clever" idea to make your party up of all immortals any time before the end of the game.  I've been racking my brains lately trying to come up with ways to make FFT emulate all of that.

Zeio

Just picked up a copy of Dragon Age and Assassin's Creed II.  Can't wait to try them out after work today.  (ps3)

woodenbandman

I'm anticipating the arrival of my Burning Wheel books so I can play me some Burning Wheel.

Zypher

Now playing Crimson Gem Saga... pretty solid old-school JRPG and the voices are pretty decent
Doing a lolhaxx playthrough of WotL 1.3

Kaijyuu

Been playing star ocean 2. Already beaten it twice in my life, now I'm going through it on Universe (very hard) difficulty.
  • Modding version: PSX

fftrdx

Fire emblem 6 hard mode with only roy and the two cavaliers. Almost done with 1.3. ;_;

Aquilae

Actually that isn't too bad provided you can get some good level-ups with Roy (for stuff like C22, that wyvern chapter). Roy x Allan x Lance supports are really great.
:gay:

fftrdx

Yeah I did it two years ago. I failed to get the extra ending but it went pretty well aside from my screwed Allan.

SilvasRuin

Holy shit.  Sometime in the hopefully near future, my "now playing" will include the PSP Lunar remake.  It's like I just ingested a dozen pixie sticks.

Cheetah

Well I just beat Metroid: Fusion on GBA. It was my first real playthrough of a Metroid game and I enjoyed it. Though it was more of just filler till I get my next Castlevania fix. After beating Portrait or Ruin and Circle of the Moon I have gotten my hands on the original NES Castlevania for GBA. It is definitely hard though and I can't imagine ever beating it without a save function. Right now level 4 is kicking my ass but hopefully I will get through it in the next few days. I am still in search of my next Castlevania fix though. I'm hoping to find one of the other GBA ones for cheap, but if I can't find them soon then I might have to settle for emulated versions of the old school ones.
Current Projects:

SilvasRuin

I got up to the second Ridley fight in Super Metroid and then decided I would never play another metroid game again.  I definitely am better at turn based games than action games.

DarkxFatal

Well..Let's see. First off, 1.3. I've been playing Breath of Fire IV, Grandia I, and tried to play Brave Fencer Mushashi (unsuccessful, it's kind of harder with out an actual 'controller')

For non-emulator games, I've been playing Ninja Blade, Last Remnant, Prototype, and Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom (All are 360 games)

I would like to re-download my GBA emulator so I can beat Megaman Zero 3 and 4 ><..
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Tristan#9682

SilvasRuin

Last Remnant is a really fun game, but it's got its flaws.  Developing the main character the way you want can be tricky if you don't know what you're doing early on.  I've found the harder the fight is the more fun it tends to be, but the generic enemies can't seem to ever keep up and not suck much farther than when you first encounter them despite the fact that EVERYTHING scales.

Cheetah

Anyone play much of Sword of Mana for GBA? I'm giving it a try but it really isn't hooking me and I'm wondering if it is worth putting time into. Oh I beat level 4 in Castlevania and now 5 is kicking my ass. This game is oddly balanced because it really doesn't matter that you get extra lives each level. If you don't make it through the level your first try all the check points do is make more unlikely that you will be able to beat the boss and finish the level.
Current Projects:

philsov

It's a pretty good game;  it's the prequel to Secret of Mana (its the Final Fantasy Adventure remake) -- featuring solo play (and different weapon types to be rotated for style/damage/utility) and a rotating guest.  All in all the storyline is superb for its time (the only thing that causes SoM to eek ahead is Flamie, imo), and the introduction of the class-type level up system is a fun little twist over the older method.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

woodenbandman

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT^

I WANT THAT RIGHT FUCKING NOW

I LOST MY SECRET OF MANA A LONG TIME AGO AND I WANT IT BAAAAAACK

philsov

that said, now playing Seiken Densetsu 3;  going with an all-chick party this time, largely because in all my previous playthroughs I've abused the heck out of both Hawkeye and Kevin and neglected Angela and Carlie because of how weak they are.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

mav

I can tell ya this much: Sword of Mana is a pretty decent game, but it's definitely lacking whatever made Secret of Mana and Seiken Densetsu 3 phenomenal, in my opinion. Secret of Mana is up there as one of my favorite games ever, and I play it almost yearly. SD3 is another phenomenal one (and you're marvelous for using a full chick team, Phil). Good stuff, good stuff.

Macros86

Playing a vanilla run of FFT with some codes enabled (No Job Req/Bypass JP/Enemy Equip Best Equip/Rare Equips ASAP)
So far it's been really fun.
Tomorrow I'll be playing MAG.