• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 11:03:26 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

.PPF file questions here need help plz and ty

Started by evan212, July 18, 2010, 09:49:10 pm

evan212

Hello after burning an iso of FFH@cktics and patching the battle freeze glitch with the ppf file Patch gave everyone (thanks PATCH!!) it finally works and i (being a noob) am not that familiar with event editing or anything like sprite reconstruction .. but i'm not a complete moron with this kinda stuff ... i worked out how to use ppf's and patch the FFHacktics to v 13030 wich fixes the opening battle freeze .....

anyway to my question ...
i was thinking it would be a great idea to isolate certain ppf's that changes if someone could redirect me to a board either explaining how to make ppf's or (if someone is nice enough to just make a post listing all isolated simple ppf files and what they change)  
I.E.
   PPF list```````````````
     Cloud limit breaks fixed to original FF VII attacks**  (ppf file download here)
     Event added XXX boss @ XXX point                          (ppf file download here)
     Job Scroll Glitch fixed                                            (ppf file download here)
     Duplicate item patch                                              (ppf file download here)                
 .... and so on i think it would give ppl more of a range to edit the game to how they want it ...  also i would rather just be redirected to a post explaing how to get started on this but also feel that someone may already have these ppf's stored labled and organized on their own PC....

so just get back with me .... thank you for helping ... and excuse the typos i have no time or will to change them :P

philsov

WELCOME TO FFH, WHERE ALL YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE.

But... how a ppf works prevents what you're suggesting.  PPF's only work on a clean iso, so when you couple up PPFs, bugs always occurs.  The only exception to this is the bug fix by patch, which requires a certain version of 1.3 to work.  A ppf is a file which notices the differences between two images and creates of these differences.  Different base = different ppf.  

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2408&hilit=ppf
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

evan212

oh k ill read up more on everything here and i just wanted to say thanks for clearing that up for me ...

could there be any OTHER> way of doing what i suggested? besides ppf files ... i just thought ppf's went to specific points and either patched or changed the iso
to the way you wanted it .... ill have to read read read it seems to fully understand what your saying though....
'd
and im glad to see that this site isn't dead ... i was starting to get sad :P