• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:10:06 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Making Job Class abilities as support ability for other classes

Started by Super Saiyan Eevee, September 01, 2022, 11:44:14 pm

Super Saiyan Eevee

Hi all,

I Just found this community and got really enthused to create my own mod of FFT for the PSX version. I'm using the Lions War and QoL mods as a base. Im trying to have the Item ability be a support ability rather than having chemist a class on its own and then change that class to something else entirely (thinking Acolyte with basic spells from the other later classes).

So this is similar to the Doublecast Red Mage hack... pretty much identical except different skillset. I pulled up orgASM and FFTPatcher but couldn't figure out how this was done.

I'm a super noob with this. please talk to me like a child and provide pictures if you can, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you to anyone that replies! I'm excited to share my patch with this community in the future!
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Super Saiyan Eevee

Super Saiyan Eevee

So I used Emmy's Generic Skillset Fix and Glaine's Defend and Equip Change treated as default Skillset, which got me close to where I want to be. I kinda wanted to get rid of Defend anyways since I never use it after the second battle in the game basically. But I think I need to change Glaine's ASM from "Default" skillset to read "Item Inventory" for it to work as the Item skill.
anybody have any advice on how to change that or if I'm even on the right path with this lol? I'm assuming I need to pull the xml and change a line or two of text. Below is the Patch code for Glaine's ASM. Literally this is so foreign to me lol.

</Patch>
    <Patch name="Defend and Equip Change treated as Default skillset">
        <Description>
            This patch should be applied along with Skillset Menu Hardcoding Fix if changing Defend and Equip Change into Default skillsets in FFTPatcher.
            AI doesn't use abilities in Defend or Equip Change skillsets.
        </Description>
        <Location file="BATTLE_BIN" offset="67594,67598" mode="DATA" offsetMode="RAM">
            D8510780
        </Location>
        <Location file="BATTLE_BIN" offset="675F4,675F8" mode="DATA" offsetMode="RAM">
        </Location>
        <Location file="BATTLE_BIN" offset="13628C" mode="ASM" offsetMode="RAM">
            b   0x801362a4
        </Location>
        <Location file="BATTLE_BIN" offset="1692B9" mode="DATA" offsetMode="RAM">
            01 01
        </Location>
    </Patch>
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Super Saiyan Eevee