• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Is it possible to use Elric’s story creation tutorial for WOTL? [Solved]

Started by Ralus, August 12, 2022, 10:44:51 pm

Ralus

Hi, I've recently got back into FFT modding and I have decided to create my own story with characters from FF 12 that I am currently creating!

For my question, is Elric's story creation tutorial compatible with WOTL?

If not, I have been looking into the PSX version and I'm not sure how I would go about in accessing the main files (EVENT FOLDER, UNIT.BIN, ETC) as I just have a .bin file of the actual game.

Any help is much appreciated it!

Edit: Figured it out how to access these files for PSX and decided to move away from WOTL.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
  • Discord username: Ralus

nitwit

What tutorials have you read already? Can you link to them and give a quick rundown of what steps you completed, what issues you had, and which you couldn't complete?

You need CD Mage to access files on a PS1 disc image, but it seems you already figured that out.

Ralus

Hey thanks for the reply,

For accessing files such as unit.bin/wldface.bin for the PSX version, I simply used CDmage as you have mentioned and just went to town with replacing sprites and remapping portraits for them.

I'm also using this tutorial https://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=8229.msg163302#msg163302 for making my story.

I don't really need any more assistance for now, but I appreciate the reply! So, a moderator can mark this as resolved.

Thank you!
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
  • Discord username: Ralus