• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:03:19 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Patch Ideas Proposal Thread

Started by RavenOfRazgriz, September 17, 2012, 06:12:58 pm

3lric

Event editing is quite easy. Take a look at my tutorial. Also Xifsnie was working on the King of Ivalice patch which is the game from Delitas perspective. But i think this has been put on hold indefinatly at this point.
  • Modding version: PSX

scbw1234

Quote from: Elric on April 15, 2013, 02:56:45 pm
Event editing is quite easy. Take a look at my tutorial. Also Xifsnie was working on the King of Ivalice patch which is the game from Delitas perspective. But i think this has been put on hold indefinatly at this point.

:D That is actually what i'm doing right now,your tutorial are great

flameman050

Just had an idea. What do you guys think about making gun accuracy lower as range increases? It seems like something someone would have already thought of it and it seems like it would be a fairly simple ASM hack but i haven't seen anything like it on the forum.

Reks

Quote from: flameman050 on April 29, 2013, 05:16:42 am
Just had an idea. What do you guys think about making gun accuracy lower as range increases? It seems like something someone would have already thought of it and it seems like it would be a fairly simple ASM hack but i haven't seen anything like it on the forum.

Not sure if the patch suggestions thread is the right place to put that, but that's irrelevant. That actually is a fairly decent idea, if it can be done. Would have to work out the rates of accuracy loss per range, though.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

flameman050

Quote from: Reks on April 29, 2013, 05:21:54 am
Not sure if the patch suggestions thread is the right place to put that, but that's irrelevant. That actually is a fairly decent idea, if it can be done. Would have to work out the rates of accuracy loss per range, though.

Yeah, sorry. I couldn't decide between here or the "Jobs and etc." thread. But I was thinking something simple along the lines of losing ~5% each tile and increasing their max range to about 12 (maybe giving them the whole board could be interesting). making them also avoidable would help to balance it out i think.

Edit: Or maybe having it work similar to teleport and have a set range after which accuracy drops of exponentially.

Oroborobo

If it's a gun it should actually be less accurate at point blank and reach peak accuracy at around 4 or 5 tiles before dropping off again

diegopolati

Hello everybody!

I'm Brazilian, so don't bother with my bad English  :?

I work and study, so I do not have much time to research and learn how to make a mod.

I searched several places, but found nothing that suited my needs.

I am a casual player. The difficulty of the FFT is already very good for players like me. The only thing that bothers me are the enemy characters at lvl 50 for example without any learned skill!

Another thing, I really liked the idea of ​​putting special enemies battles of history stronger than others. Of course, if it did not increase much difficulty would be perfect.

Like I said, I'm a casual player who does not have much time to play. I want something to have fun, and not pull my hair out.

So here's a suggestion for a mod "soft", which is not away from the original game, only implements something to stay cooler.

1. The enemy is at lvl 50? Give him some skills that are equivalent to your lvl!
2. If you change something about the classes or items, if only to balance, and not to make the game harder!
3. Mini bosses in the stages of history would be fantastic! But nothing too hard!

That is my opinion. I want to play just for fun, and my group of 5 fixed without having to keep changing their classes every battle just to adapt.

A mod that is possible to finish without rebooting a million times.

kyozo22

Ok, got a main  idea for a patch that I would definately work on if I had a computer that could actually handle the bloody tools, but, alas, I don't.

Essentially, it's a sidequest patch for the vanilla game/ any vanilla-story patch that eventually leads to the addition of Ashley Riot (from the game Vagrant Story, for those that don't know who he is) into your roster.

Depending on how many spare event slots there are on a vanilla patch (Elric has said on the Jot5 Q&A Thread that there are a few) I'm envisioning having at least one proposition in Chapter 1, eventually leading to optional battles in Chapters 2 ane 3, with a grand finale optional mega-boss battle at some point in Chapter 4.

I have more details, but would be interested to hear responses first before flooding the board with stuff like that. Does anybody like it? Would they be willing to worj on it etc?

Thanks for reading
  • Modding version: WotL

Dokurider

I got an idea for a patch during a conversation about the direction of another patch.

Algus comes back from the dead after the Lion War. He is one of the many undead that now walk the countryside in the wake of the near coming of the Zodiac Beasts of legend. He is given the mission of finding a lost source of power long since forgotten to history. Algus and his army or recent revives fight their way across the countryside against zombie extermination squads, bandits, monsters, undeads still fighting for good, and eventually squads sent by King Hyrule himself. Along the way, you can recruit various villains to your aid including Barinten, Gafgarion (if the price is right), and Bremondt Freitberg.

Mechanics wise, your entire party is undead, but you are immune to Crystal/Treasure, so it opens the game up for a lot of new and unique strategies and match ups. It should be a short patch, only about the length of Chapter 1+2. It's not something I could work on now, given what I have already going on, but I'm just throwing it out there.

Umaru

October 16, 2013, 12:26:09 am #29 Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 09:17:01 am by Umaru
i Would like to suggest a mod (not sure if this is the correct term, maybe a total new game) that you cant buy new soldiers. You would meet people as you play (these chars would have fixed classes to choose, this doesnt mean that you cant get new classes, but the new classes will be possible to get only with that char, maybe some chars, for example, a ranger could become a sniper a archer a assassin... but not a knight a paladin a berserk). You would have to  make choices (this would change who you recruit and who you fight and maybe the history). The most important thing that i want to see is that you dont have a limit of chars that you bring to a mission, but instead, as the history goes on you must  choose to split (with strategy) your chars between places/missions. On that way you will have to play with near all chars, you wont have so many not-played chars and each char will be important (since his class or job cant change so much from another that he can get).
Ah yes, i forgot another thing. On this mod/game you would gain xp/job per mission (with little bônus for fast win or a especific char that was a MVP), so in each mission you only will worry about the objective and the victory, not to grind

PS: English is not my first language, sorry but this is the best i can do for now

Smitson

The two patches that would personally be the most interesting to me(and I'm surprised they've never been done although I know some people have tried) are either

A) A Delita patch going through the story as him as a lot of how he came to join the chruch and his relationship with other members and etc was left in the dark.
B) A Fifty Year's war patch with Barbaneth as the MC, Wiegraf & Gustav leading the lead men and everything that went on there.

LastingDawn

I had an idea that seemed like it could potentially be interesting and the best part about it is that (in theory...) it shouldn't take that much work to actually do.

The idea I have is "FFT:Enemy Mode". Where you play each battle as the enemy for any given battle vs. Ramza's party.

So say it starts at Gariland. Ramza would have four named generics and Delita all at Level 1 vs. the desperate rogues. Then after victory there it would go to Mandalia where Ramza's party is a little more powerful.

This would give the player some unique opportunities to play as characters like the Lucavi and the Shrine Knights and have no need for a convoluted explanation, only being that you are taking the role of the Enemy vs. Ramza's continually progressing party. It would also be a sort of "challenge mode" as, for the most part, you will be stuck with the items and abilities that are randomly loaded (or in some cases set) on your own party of enemy combatants versus what Ramza's party (as dependent on shop unlocks at the current time) will have.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Cheetah

That is really amusing LD, I kind of like it. Can you control all those units though or would you get capped out at like 5 or 6?
Current Projects:

3lric

That's actually a pretty neat idea. I assume you are proposing it be done with no world map and just saves in between each battle?
Would the existing event conditions (mid-battle dialogue) have to remain?

EDIT:  Cheetah, you can control anyone you set to Control in the ENTD

LastingDawn

You have it right Elric. And indeed Cheetah, you would have control of the entire team of enemies.

I think the event dialogue could stay, yeah. There's nothing wrong I can see with it and it helps characterize these often ragtag groups. The assassination missions would probably be some of the most difficult, I would imagine. (A simple victory to defeat change sort of deal) but for obvious reasons there wouldn't be any assassination missions as the enemy.

Art of War

formerdeathcorps

This sounds like PX's old puzzle hack idea (which inspired me to make EGCC).  This is kind of like a reverse version of my patch idea.

However, certain missions may be too easy (Velius, Elmdor, etc.)
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Smitson

I like LD's idea. Stuff like the Lucavi battles would be very interesting, what about special characters? Would Agrias and Mustadio join Ramza's party instead of two of the generics for example?

LastingDawn

I hadn't thought of that. It makes sense that the generics would eventually be replaced by the actual characters. Good thinking Smitson!  (Once Orlandu joins with his broken Excalibur... it would definitely be an uphill struggle.)

Another part of the hack would be to presume that the Ramza party would not be oblivious to what is coming ahead, so several of the party members for the Elmdor fight,for instance, would be immune to Blood Suck, Stop, and KO.

Art of War

3lric

Indeed, with the events setup this way, it would be quite simple to put together

Choto

That's a really interesting idea LD, i like it.