• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 13, 2024, 10:26:54 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Twinees' Sprites

Started by Twinees, September 19, 2009, 09:59:13 am

Asmo X

The red is a bit bright. It's ok for a tiny little headband on balmafula, but this much of it is excessive.

Jon

Thats why I had it at those duller colors before. This looks too much like she is bleeding or something. I will try to find some reds between these ones and the old ones. Thanks for the crit Asmo!
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Cheetah

I like the improvements to Barret, Twinees. My only suggestion would to add back in the angry eyes, it really fits his character despite the fact that I usually don't like them.
Current Projects:

Zozma

barret looks great. i think adding a tatoo or altering the arm would be too much detail, however.

i deliberately made the gun arm his back hand so that these arms could possibly be used for other projects as well, like better versions of the "berserker" arms, and because well fft sprites don't have seperate frames for the other directions. I would prefer to see the newly made arm as a gatling gun version and not a cannon ball, personally.

I agree tho about the angry looking eyes, i did that deliberately from the get go

what you could probably do with the extra color is make it so all that grey (which is supposed to be metal) actually look more metallic i suppose..
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

mav

Holy crap, twinees those all look pretty good. Most everything's been said already, but I'll toss in my two cents on Cait Sith. Firstly, what Cheetah said is spot on: although the sprite shape is great, the lack of variety in the palette makes it almost blobby. I feel like better contrast will help define the shape a bit better. As for the palettes: 1 looks okay (he shouldn't be purple though), 2 looks too dull, 3 looks too bright, and 4 needs a little more contrast (though I much prefer off-white to purple).

Zozma

Twinees I'm very impressed with the whole FF7 (PSX) versions crew, I hope youll do that version of aeris and tifa as well. I'm looking forward to having the whole crew and not just cloud lol, would you consider giving sephy a complete rehaul as well? aeris isn't the only one that needs to be re-worked lol

if you can make a friggin human type nou-mou im sure you can do these
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Twinees

@Zozma: Sure, ill work on a sephiroth concept tonight, and thanks for the complements.

@mav, thanks for the crits, i will be improving him soon, do you think you would be able to come up with a suitable palette?
  • Modding version: PSX

Jon

I guess there will need to be more Turks and reworked Reno...I think I could do those, I'll try to get a concept of them later on today...Jessie isn't going too great, progress is slow because I have been really busy lately, should I do more important characters first, like the Turks?
I wonder how long it will take to get all the characters done. I think we need more people Twinees.

Edit: Also, if its alright with you, I would really like to revamp Zack. He is my favorite Final Fantasy character, so I really want to do his sprite some justice and fix it up. The portrait is pretty good as it is.

Edit2: I redid Reno. His face was totally messed up, and so was his shirt on all the front frames. I cleaned up his face to look more FFT-like. Reno's coat tails can still be fixed to match my Cannoneer's jacket, but only if you guys don't like it. I think the old Reno was a quick job of a mix of Ramza ch.1 and the Funeral man. Now it should be better. Someone should do a new portrait so it looks more FFT.

Twinees

You can attempt to do the Turks, i was not planning on doing them. I'm pretty happy with what ive got now Jon, you can get people to help you with your sprites, i dont feel like expanding this further, Biggs, Wedge and Jessie were pushing it lol.
Dont make this into a project, you know, and everyone knows what happens to projects (stick to one sprite).
For Reno: Hair Shading needs to improve, looks alot like Ramza imo too. Back coat shading needs some improving.

Red XIII Update: Up to attacking animations, problem is that he only can have 1 attack move unless someone fixes ShiShi to 'add' SP2 files rather than import and export.

Kagebunji

I can add SP2 to it, but wich monster you want me to insert?

IMO two peole are more than enough for this, it reminds me of my own FF9 completition one(it wasn't a total fail, Garnet is done, hehe). Jimmy did a great Vivi back then, and I would love to see it finished.

Reno, and practicly all Seushiro's sprites have bad quality, he made a lot of interesting concepts, but they need ton of work to make them look good.

Jon

Thanks for the tips. Hey, you are right, most of those sprites are bad quality, but good ideas. They look like they were made in under an hour. I guess Biggs, Wedge and Jessie would be better off saved for last, considering all the main (9) characters plus characters like Sephiroth and Zack. I think I will attempt a newer Zack because I am not too pleased with the coloring of the existing one. It is a very good base to work off of however. Twinees, should I try to do some of the main 9 or are those all yours? I think it might be better if you did them because actually you are a better spriter than me, but if it is too much I can help with some of the already finished characters and try to make them shine, such as Vincent or Barret. I could stick with Jessie, but my time is sorta limited and it would take ages to make such a custom character that in the end ends up dead anyways (not that I am giving her up or anything).

@Kage: I think (not 100% sure though) Red XIII is based on the Cuar, isn't he? And how do you insert a SP2? Is there some secret method or something?

Twinees

Ive already got the SP2 sheet added to it atm, what i want to do is example: replace meliadoul with Red XIII. but once that is done, the SP2 file section is removed from the preview in ShiShi and an SP2 cannot be imported. (pretty much i dont want Red XIII to replace a monster)

mav

Quote from: "twinees"@mav, thanks for the crits, i will be improving him soon, do you think you would be able to come up with a suitable palette?
Sure. I'll try to work on something for ya this weekend.

Kagebunji

Hmm, how about you fist change melliadoul's type to MON, and then import Nanaki?

Twinees

Ok guys, im not going to be posting for a while, having an operation, ill spare the details because its minor but it'll probably keep me away from the computer for an unknown amount of time.
If you would like to see my progress on Cid, just PM me (walking frames & some extras done).
Ill probably finish up Red XIII when im all good again, but for now have fun guys.

Jon

I wish you the best with your operation! See ya later! Get well soon (if you are sick or anything like that)! *throws an Elixir at Twinees* If only that would help...

mav

Take all the time you need, twinees.

Twinees

so instead of my operation, i get food poisoning, out for the count for a few days will post when i get better.

mav

Dude, that sucks. Take care of yourself, man. I've had too many fair shares of food poisoning myself.

Kagebunji

Recover fast, Twin. I think I found solution to SP2 thing, I will tell you once you recover! And send me that Cid BMP please, I am eager to see it, hehe.