• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Specific color palettes

Started by Xifanie, February 18, 2010, 10:29:22 am

Cheetah

Nice correction to the yellow female summoner.

Nice color for the hat of time mage, but the palette as a whole is way too washed out.

I like the all purple time mage. It is definitely kind of plain, but the team color is very very apparent.
Current Projects:

mav

I'll work on the Time Mage. Here's the female Mediator for now. Could someone test this one sooner rather than later?

mav

Male and female Summoners. I suggest importing the male yourself, as I didn't post a preview and it looks...interesting.

Cheetah

That black on the female mediator is still not quite right. The contrast looks weird and you might have even confused some colors. I will try to take a look at the others in shishi.
Current Projects:

mav

Oi, I forgot to change out the blacks on the female Mediator. They're the same blacks as on the Bard, but I guess they aren't working as nicely for her. I'll update them in my .shishi file.

mav

Pardon me for the crudity of this preview, but I figured you guys needed to see the female Time Mage before I import it into ShiShi. I intended to make it a carbon copy of the male Time Mage, unfortunately the portrait doesn't show clothing color. As such, I had to recolor all the hats to match the sprite's main color. I've included the portraits this time too. The results are as follows:
[attachment=0:2t8eziaz]ftimemagepreview.png[/attachment:2t8eziaz]

Are they good to go? If so, I'll post the updated .shishi file.

Xifanie

lol wedding and maid dresses. They look cute, I don't see a problem with those colors
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Cheetah

Yeah I'm really liking the female time mage as well. I feel like this new approach of lighter and darker shades of the same base color is working very well. It should make things much faster for you as well Mav.
Current Projects:

mav

I hope so. A couple of the classes I have left, like the Geomancers, Calculators, and Mimes, will be getting the dark-light color combo, as opposed to the mixed variety. I'll try to get a couple more ideas and previews up this weekend. Hopefully I'll do both Oracles next. In any case, here's the .shishi file, as promised. It should include everything in bold on this page. Lemme know if it doesn't. Please help out by testing these out and posting up some screen shots. Thanks a ton, folks.

Kaz

Looks good. Thanks for going through the trouble of re-editing the hats etc!
to hell with you mustadio haters

FFMaster

Time Mage looks great. I'll test all these out and upload screenshots when I have time. Too busy these days =/

EDIT: Quick test before I leave.

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

mav

Awesome. Many, many, many thanks, FFM. I wish you weren't the only one testing these though. Guys, help him out. I'll continue shooting the palettes out, you guys just gotta test em.

FFMaster

Here is another batch for people to see. I honestly think Male Time Mage should get hats similar to the Female version. When I first saw them, I was extremely confused which palette the units were. Green/Brown especially, once you see the screenshots.

PS. I love all the Male Summoner palettes. Red just looks awesome.

Female Time Mage

Male Summoner

Male Time Mage

mav

Quote from: "FFMaster"I honestly think Male Time Mage should get hats similar to the Female version.
I thought about this last night, the female ones turned out better than I'd expected. These classes look so similar that I think we expect them to look alike. If the consensus is have the hats match the clothes, then I'll happily make the change. I gotta say that all these sprites look much better in-game, so I'm really happy with this. Again, thanks a ton, man.

Cheetah

I'm really liking having the hats match the cloths. I think it might have to be the new standard.
Current Projects:

Mando

I like them matching but.... I do like the little flair you added to them mav :D

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!

Kaz

I'd be happy to help test, but I really have no idea how - is there a thread someone can direct me to? if not just reply with an explanation, I have access to an emulator w/ the patch, have used fftastic, can take screenshots etc.
to hell with you mustadio haters

FFMaster

mav

Hmm, I may need to make some changes to the Dancer. Hot damn though, that team looks badass. I love the way the Priest turned out. And I guess I'll be changing the male Time Mage's hats this weekend. I'll try to post the Oracle previews then too.

Mando

While testing some of these out I ran into a few graphical errors. (Not really from the sprites themselves.) Does anyone in here have a version of the shishi sprite editor that is pre- 457? I searched through the forums didn't see a post that still had an "active" link to download anymore.

Thanks. Otherwise all these are working well (like the ss being posted.) The dancer one does look a bit blue/black compared to the other sprites. Which is prolly one of thing mav is prolly gunna mess with on that.

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!