• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 06:46:53 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

older versions of tactext

Started by Mickey B, May 05, 2012, 05:08:13 pm

Mickey B

Simple as this: The new version does not work for war of the lions. Not even on a clean USA or a clean EUR rom. Flat out period it does not work for me. But the older versions did. I can no longer find the older versions. Any help?

Eternal

There's an issue with WotL where you need to clear a lot of the Kanji for it to patch properly. Clear out the Visual Novels and try to condense space where you can.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Mickey B

I had already done that in the past and everything worked fine. With this new version, if I load the text and patch it without changing a thing, it says something about referencing an unknown object.

drbretto

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49392591/453.zip

This one works. It's still a huge pain in the ass to work with though.

Eternal

Is this the one I sent Kourama, Bretto?
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

drbretto

I don't know who Kourama is (unless it's lynx on ID) but if that's the case, then most likely.

I had to do some digging in google a while back to find that version and it was a link off an old post from this board. It's not on the downloads page anymore and as far as I know it's the ONLY version that works.

To be clear, you only need this version to create the fftext file. Once you have that file, you can open that file and edit it and patch the ISO in the latest version as long as you never import ISO.

drbretto

Eternal, could you get someone to re-host that file? It's in my dropbox and it's small enough that I'm not likely to take it out any time soon, but a link in the download section with a quick subnote about how you may have better luck with it on WOTL might help prospective WOTL modders, especially with the slowdown fix being out (I'm still in awe of how awesome that is)

Eternal

It's funny you say that, since I was thinking the same. I'll make a topic to host this a bit later today.

Glain

I could try to debug this, except I don't have a WotL ISO...

There could also possibly be a problem if you're using the latest version in the source code thread (482), since I don't know how the PSP version would respond to the new QuickEdit... I didn't have a PSP .ffttext file to try loading.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

drbretto

The only problem I've had with quick edit is that sometimes it won't let me paste into certain fields for some reason (restarting the program fixes that occasionally).

PM me if you want an ISO.