• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 04:13:59 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Twinees' Sprites

Started by Twinees, September 19, 2009, 09:59:13 am

Twinees

Barret spritesheet is done.
Not overly happy about the portrait, still needs some improvements (hopefully you guys can tell me what needs to be done).
Like before, i will post the complete sheet (with portrait and organised palette) after ive finalised the portrait.
  • Modding version: PSX

Vanya

January 20, 2011, 09:54:18 pm #641 Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 09:56:28 pm by Vanya
I don't know if this'll make sense but for some reason the portrait is reminding me of Mr.T more than anything.
Just make it look more like this and I think you'll be fine:

Pay extra attention to the fade.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

mav

The sprite looks a little too desaturated, but I guess it's fine. I dig the portrait, but I don't know if it looks enough like Barret. Keep in mind that Mr. T was an inspiration for him though. Vanya's suggestion to make it look like the FF7 version will be immensely tough, but perhaps worthwhile.

The beard on your portrait is bitchingly awesome. What a cool-looking dude.

Twinees

January 21, 2011, 12:20:14 am #643 Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 02:06:42 am by twinees
Thanks for the crit guys.
Wider Jaw, thicker neck, big chest right?
Not sure what you mean by 'fade' vanya, can you explain?

Ok:
I'm happy with the beard, the body, the hair (kinda) and the neck now, still need to make his face more like Barret. Any ideas? Unfortunately his nose is a big facial feature for him.

Lijj

January 21, 2011, 05:12:14 am #644 Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 05:18:37 am by Lijj
hmm now you got me thinking.

Would Barret be the exception? To non-nozed fft chars?...i mean; NO (probably not) but you're right about the nose in a way; it's definitely larger than say Cloud's.

(earring looks better)

Twinees

January 21, 2011, 08:16:04 am #645 Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 08:18:48 am by twinees

another update, tried to make him more aged. hmm... not much more i can do =/
possibly make his beard go more over his mouth maybe in an attempt to cover the blank space?

Vanya

Looking much better! ^_^
@ mav: The beard is agreed to be 'bitchingly awesome'.
Barret HAS been compared to Mr.T, but it has never been stated that he was a direct inspiration.

@ twinees: By 'fade' I mean the haircut. He's s'posed to have a fade on the sides.
He looks like he shaved the sides of his head right now.
The wiki entry for him cites a "high-top fade" so... here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hi-top_fade

As for suggestions, try giving him a frown. The most noticeable aspect of his face is the scowl and the frown.

¯\(°_0)/¯

Asmo X

This port is fine. You guys are overthinking it.

mav

Yeah, I mean, I don't know how the portrait can be improved without making it look less like it belongs in FFT. You can make the beard go over the mouth, if you want to, but honestly, I think it looks pretty damn good.

Twinees

Thanks Asmo, mav and Vanya,
I'll see what i can come up with in regards to the fade (will be later though, as i find it a pain to use a touchpad).

Kagebunji

Yup, it is awesome! Next sprite for the submission page, GO!

Twinees

January 21, 2011, 08:34:26 pm #651 Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 05:39:48 am by twinees
Fade didnt work out too well, sorry Vanya =/

Submitted: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=405.msg137129#new

mav

Congrats on completing another kickass sprite, man.

Vanya

Still looks bad-ass even without the fade. Well done! ^_^
¯\(°_0)/¯

Lijj

Man! Cid's portrait looks zoomed out. please fix twin.

Twinees

not sure what zoomed out means, but i might as well update the portrait (when i'm on a decent computer).

Lijj

I mean he looks small compared to most ffh portraits. As if it were zoomed out, he's like 1-2 px smaller headed than others.

mav

Lijj is right. His head looks too short, move everything above the smile up two pixels.

Cheetah

This Barret is looking amazing. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to make my recommendation for tweaks. I would still like to see a few adjustments to the beard and hair. Some one made a comment about the palette for the sprite being a bit too dark, I also want to see how this guy looks in shishi, because I know that the original arms that Zoz did were a little funky.
Current Projects:

Twinees

January 22, 2011, 11:52:03 pm #659 Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 01:30:37 am by twinees
My main focus with the Barret sprite was fixing up the arms and shoulders, ill lighten the palette a bit, and fix up Cid's portrait too, will post back soon.

Edit: I knew there was a reason why i made Cid's face that length in the first place, anyway i added one more pixel length, as two pixels made im look like a nobhead. Barret's sprite palette looks fine ingame (tried changing the palette but it didnt work out too well.) what i did do though, is change the darkest colour so it wasnt browny anymore.
@Cheetah, i can still fix up the Barret Portrait :P, what do you want me to change with the beard and hair?

Edit2: I'm making a new Tifa concept, what are people's preferences? big/small boobs? brown/black hair? I need opinions please  :D